Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

SR

Apr 27, 2017

This is a great course. I really learned a lot of things. And the instructions and teaching methods are easy to follow. I recommend it everyone who wants to improve their professional English skills.

SE

Aug 15, 2019

really I'm very enthusiastic in this course , the instructor gives me an important information which I didn't heard before , I'm very glade to this .\n\nthank to my instructor and thanks coursera <3

76 - 100 of 681 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Carlos A C A

Jul 19, 2019

Excellent Course, It gave me a better perspective about work communication, personally I recommend it. Thank you for the opportunity.

By VADIVELVIVEK.V

Feb 03, 2020

Wonderful Learning Experience, Thank you team Coursera... Thank you very much for giving me financial aid, that means a lot to me...

By Mahmoud K

Jun 18, 2016

It's like an amazing lecturers and have a great syllabus to increase your English conversational skills in listening and speaking.

By Mohammed N

Jan 22, 2020

simple and significant lesson session handled with perfect care and knowledge ,It leads to brilliant learning of valuable lessons

By Ana L R R d S

Nov 01, 2016

This course help me a lot especially in conversation. I really learned about stress, pronuciation, gestures... I'm vey satisfied.

By Randson C

Jun 21, 2016

I liked a lot of this course. I've learned thing that I thing I didn't seen in my studies about English communication. Thank you.

By Cleiser d O

Nov 17, 2018

I definitely improved my english speaking thanks to this course. Now I can sound more professional in my business conversations.

By Phuong L

Mar 31, 2016

Week one, I have learned so much, more than what I have learned in 10 years staying in the US. Thank you. You guys are awesome!!

By Ismael P

Aug 12, 2016

This is an amazing course. The teachers, the content, the duration, all of those features work great together. I learned a lot.

By Muhammed A U

Feb 10, 2020

It's my first online and foreign certificate. I can't explain how I feel today.

Thank's my ''Instructor''.

Thank's ''Coursera''.

By Mark M

Oct 31, 2016

Thank you so much guys for this initiative, Your are a great help most especially for people like me working in a call center.

By pranjita c

Mar 14, 2016

An awesome course to complete. really a great one. Helped me learn and polish my english skills to do better in my interviews.

By Laura

Apr 07, 2016

I liked so much this course! Very useful and helpful! Good tips and explanation. I loved moreover the additional resourses.

By Moinuddin I S

Mar 14, 2019

Dear Madam,

Learning speaking in English was not so easy for me, but after studying with you its makes so simple.

By Mohamed M M U

Jan 20, 2017

It was a great opportunity for me that I could do this course. Because it helped me in great way in improving my English.

By Erhan T

Sep 24, 2018

Hi. The course is very useful I didn’t expect it. All of the videos essays and quizzes perfect. Thanks for your efforts.

By Juan O C R

Oct 31, 2016

Great course for learning and practicing communication skills in the english language as they relate to business topics.

By Iryna T

Apr 28, 2018

I highly recommend this course . My advice is to submit all the assignments, because practice makes perfect. Good luck.

By Tes T F

May 23, 2016

The English pronunciation and ethics (not that I don't have it), is improving my communication skills in the workplace.

By Zaki B T Z T

Sep 16, 2018

Very well organized,simple to understand, a few quizzes as it doesn't focus on grammar bu speaking skills. Thank you!

By Maria A M D

Jun 10, 2016

I think everybody, even students that do not have money to pay, should have the possibility to do all the activities.

By Labzar C

Oct 30, 2017

It was a great experience ! I enjoyed learning english and the course was very interesting I recommend it ...Thank u

By Yi-Ching C

Jan 29, 2019

This lecture gives me much knowledge about English grammar, pronunciation, expression tips in English. Very useful!

By Alba C

May 24, 2017

Excellent course!! You can practice a lot your pronunciation and how to express yourself in a business environment.

By Youmna M S E

Nov 04, 2018

very very very useful and interesting i want to thank all of you about this i loved this try and i will to do more