Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

NM

May 03, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

GL

Jun 05, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

76 - 100 of 1,494 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By rokaya h

Dec 18, 2016

Salam aalaikom ,iam very happy because i study for you, the lange englishe it's embortante for me .you can help me speak english brofessionally, ihave lot of problems and ilearn every day this lang ,but it's defecoult. Ihave one question: can you halp me another way?

By YAMINI P

May 07, 2020

Very useful course those who wan to achieve a great attainment in their life. Thought provoking and MInd blowing assignments which help oneself to self evaluate them. Thank you Ms. Leah your lecture in each module is very refine and mould a person who is unmoulded.

By Nazmun N

Had an wonderful experience in pursuing this course. Course instructor was very much helpful. I've learned many things from this course. Even I've become able to enhance my pronunciation skill and communication skill. I would suggest you to enrol in this course.

By Mahmoud S K

Aug 12, 2018

It's a very good course .

It'll help every non native speaker and makes him good communicator in English.

It gives you highlights to search and learn like( interview skills, presentation English pronouncing)

I believe that it's one of my best online courses

By Pathan S M

Jun 02, 2020

Excellent course , organised by Georgia institute of technology it help to improve communication skills on the phone, during interview, during video conferencing.i learnt lot from this course and invite you to join and improve your communication skills.

By Phiradawadee T

It's wonderful time to learn this course. I see my improvement and more confident in Speaking English. Thank you instructors and course mates. I appreciate your effort. Hope you will have bright future and shine in your own way. Good luck. Thank you.

By Md I U

it was really fun to learn with Amalia B.Stephens. She is an amazing teacher,no doubt about that. I really enjoyed the full course with her.Hope that ,one day I will attend her class physically.Lots of love and respect to her.

Iftekhar

Dhaka,Bangladesh

By Jansenio A

Jun 05, 2020

I enjoyed this course. It was aesthetically pleasing, Many thanks to Amalia B. Stephens (instructor), Leah Attruia (presenter), my peers, Georgia Tech, Coursera, and all the team behind this project. I would recommend it. It's easy, fun, and useful.

By Rashid.M

Jun 06, 2020

You are awesome, you have been providing great communication skill to everyone irrespective of their resident, you have touched all the faces which may occur difficult when speaking,thank you geogia and thank you so much all the mentors behind.

By Hakan E K

Dec 07, 2016

I really appreciated for all your effort to created this classroom.This classroom helped me so much;in addition to this experience I am also very happy to attend your classroom.I have upgraded my confidence since I started to take this classroom.

By kr c p

May 09, 2020

They way they communicated and passed on information on everything is crisp and clear. Every individual with basic English proficiency can also improve his/her English within 6 weeks time. Thank you helping me to improve my communications skills

By Renniel M Y

May 01, 2020

I'd like to commend the creator/s of this course. I definitely learned a lot on improving my skill in speaking English professionally.

My recommendation is to give more sample and exercises for this course in the future. All in all, Good Job!

By Casey M

Sep 29, 2018

I truly enjoyed learning how to communicate more effectively in different professional scenarios. The videos kept me engaged and gave me valuable information. Thanks to Georgia Tech for offering this online course with such high standards.

By Luis A C R

May 14, 2016

The professors are great and the idea of the curse too, they help you with the starting chat and through the personal introduction but i would like it to go a little bit further because professional discussions are more than basic phrases

By BOBIN G B

Jun 02, 2020

Very good course... It was really useful to know about word stress and rising and falling tones.. And pronunciation of words ending with - ed & - es et cetera..

Simple and easy to understand. Save the videos for future references.

By NAGENDER C

Apr 15, 2020

This course is very useful to me as I need to communicate with my students fluently ,effectively.The course instructor is so skilful and explained very good. thanks to the Georgia Institute of Technology and the course instructor.

By Muhammad B

Mar 15, 2016

Brief, to the point, and very useful tips for enhancing your professional language skills so quickly. I never thought this to be so easy but I really appreciate the simplicity of presentation to learn very novel skills.

Many Thanks

By Issha S

Jun 05, 2020

Really an awesome course for learning how to speak english.Assigments in the course will definately tell you how to speak error free english .You should definately take this course if you want to learn how to speak english.

By Kanmani S

Apr 15, 2020

Hello, I am kanmani. I am so proud to be a student in this course session. And I have learned many things in this session. I will do my best in online coursera. Thank you for giving this wonderful opportunity. Thanks a lot.

By Kaviya R

One of the excellent course I have ever seen.Their assessments are really fantabulous to learn and understands our level in english.I recommend all to complete this course.This course presenters pronunciation is excellent.

By Saúl M I

Excelente curso, para el estudiante que esta en la frontera de aprender a Hablar Inglés, te lleva a que desarrolles tus capacidades en las áreas del inicio del abordaje del inglés Real, En persona, por teléfono y en línea

By MD. M U

May 06, 2020

I am very glad to be part of this course. The course adviser is great. Her teaching method is marvelous. I am very happy to do this course. This is gonna help me in my career. Everyone should take this course. Thank you.

By Atul M S

May 06, 2020

Great course to learn good communication skill set. It starts from scratch and slowly improves so that learner can not understand that he/she learned so many things in a nice way.

Thank you for the such a great teachers,

By Arpi

May 29, 2018

One of the most helpful courses I've ever attended. It's great not only for English but also for our behavioral skills. I would be happy to see more expanded courses from you about English pronunciation. Thank you!

By Rocio M M T

Jun 13, 2020

I love that the course allowed for participants to actually speak by recording ourselves. It is also great to hear from other participants during peer-reviews. The course is crafted simply but is very informative.