Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

GL

Jun 05, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

NM

May 03, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

76 - 100 of 2,253 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Sakib

Oct 04, 2020

I would just like to say this is a best platform to improve English , pronounciation , tone , and you can learn lot of new skills here . You may join this course for enhance confidence , thes course let you few test as well and you will familiar with many things . Here , candidates examine peer graded task . So we enjoyed a lot .

By Dorji G

Oct 01, 2020

Well, being able to speak English with other people and around the world is the most skills that I ever gained from this course. We can always attain and organize the meetings even if we are not in the office or at the station.

I can now easily communicate and discuss the issues over a very phone call without any hamper in time.

By maryam M

Jul 08, 2020

this course is very good and comprehensive to all the branches of english language. it helps any one wants to learn english professionally. this course enables me to learn the rules of phonetics. it also enables me to know a lot of expressions and these expressions are suitable to small talk and online video conference.

By Анастасія О С

Jul 28, 2020

I like this course very much! The information is presented in interesting way. It isn't boring because this course puts empasis on practice. And what I really liked there is no long lame lectures, but interesting short lectures and a lot of tests and tasks. And, of course, this course will very useful for everyone!

By Abhilash N

Dec 08, 2017

I like this course as it does not complicate by subjecting the students to difficult words. The primary focus is how to represent things in front of another individual or a group. Some very good tips have been shown/taught which is beneficial for everyone no matter what background you are from. Highly recommended!!

By Ben L

Jan 15, 2019

This was a great speaking English professional course. I learned a lot from this class. I learned the tools, the techniques, and the feedback from classmates. I will definitely use the tools (Vocaroo and sources) plus the great techniques from the instructors to practice my speaking and presentation.

Thank you!

By TOMO

Jul 02, 2020

I have learned English in Japan. But I have never learned how to study like this.

I appreciate that the teacher speak English understandable and clearly.

I enjoyed watching video, taking tests and checking test for other students.

I also like to check their test and to know what make me different.

Sincere thanks.

By Nu N H

Jul 09, 2020

This is my first time joining global online learning course and I really excited. This course is really helpful to me more than I expected. The tips and topics included in this course can upgrade my current speaking skill to one higher step effectively. I really recommend this course for non native Eng speakers.

By Nadia D

Jun 08, 2020

Vraiment très bien !! Merci beaucoup , étant novice en anglais j'ai trouvé que les thèmes abordés avaient beaucoup de sens, et très pratique pour développer une aisance à l'oral et dans la vie professionnelle ! Notre professeur était très dynamique et clair !! Le travail hebdomaMERCI BEAUCOUP ! Je recommande !

By Luis A Q R

I really wanted to talk English, but I was thinking in Spanish in the middle of the conversation! In this course, I improved my skills in pronunciation, conversation and learn important rules of English Grammar and phonetics uses of language. Plus, Now I think and talk in English at the same time. Thanks a Lot.

By ITALA C S S

Jul 14, 2020

Hello, I am so happy to finished my course learn english professionaly. I am a teacher an accounting at the university Simon Bolivar from Barranquilla.Thanks for your dedication. I look forward to contact with you again.Here is my contact info istefanell@unisimonbolivar.edu.co

I learned so much, thanks again

By Shravani G

Jun 21, 2020

It was so glad to be a part of this course...Someone who is looking for the fundamentals of English speaking,I would recommend you to take up this course as it is really helpful and provides a very good knowledge overall...I'm so thankful to the instructor and the whole team for bringing up this course.

By K.G.S.D. N

Jul 09, 2020

Actually I think I was fortune to complete this course with coursera. I am really satisfied with the course content , instructors and assignments and everything of the course. I would like to recommend this course to you all to do. You will be able to learn a lot. Just Hurry Up! Improve your knowledge.

By APICHAT M

Dec 20, 2018

I love this course so much, I like lecturers who have encouraged me all the time during the course. I love the way they keep following our progress through peer-works and peer-reviews. Even I finish the class I will still keep practice practice and practice so that I could speak English professionally.

By Shaymaa I

Jul 25, 2020

this course is excellent, it teach you a lot about the pronouncement of english through an easy and funny way ,it also teach you how to deal with different situations as in interview,meeting... i am grateful to you for helping me improving my skills in english. thank u for that wonderful experience.

By Esam M A A

Nov 06, 2018

I really like this course and I recommended to who want to improve is English language and the teacher so great ,very clear her pronounce also the body language help me a lot to understand the meaning even my language is not that good to describe this course so I want to thank all of them for thats .

By Anabelle M C

Jun 25, 2020

Este curso aprendí como a mejorar mi inglés y poder optar por un trabajo en un call center . Pude mejorar mi pronunciación y seguir prácticando en casa . Las profesoras son excelentes es como si las hubiera tenido al lado mío explicandome !. Muchas gracias por toda su ayuda en medio de esta crisis .

By NASHMIYA T

Jun 21, 2020

Exactly i have gained a lot from this course. Its very helpful indeed. I thanks to everyone who worked behind this. Love you guys and thank you for teaching meeh. Mis Amelia the one who i shoud appreciate the most. And the teacher who teached me . Everyome thank you a lot and this course is awesome

By Larissa F D d S

Nov 03, 2019

Curso extremamente útil para pessoas que desejam melhorar a conversação no Inglês, ele dá dicas muito boas sobre como melhorar a entonação, usar corretamente "word stress" e "sentence stress", além da pronuncia correta dos números, enfim, estou muito satisfeita com o conteúdo apresentado no curso.

By Alvaro A P B

Aug 11, 2020

A great course, we learned a lot about to use the english languaje in conversation such as introduce myself, phone conversations, interviews and presentations speech, also we learned about correct stress in words, sentences, correct use of the verbs and pronouns, actually a very complete course.

By Zubair H

Jul 10, 2020

it is very good course which focuses on correct pronunciation as well as efficient speaking. I learned many new things like intonation, how to approach for interview, what to say and what to not, how to improve body language. Overall it was wonderful experience. Would recommend it to my friends.

By Manoj M

May 14, 2020

I really enjoyed taking the course, the instructor made sure she covered all kinds of professional English as mentioned in the title of the course. Peer graded assignment helped me in practising what I learnt in every week of the course. Overall a short and brief course on Professional English.

By CARLOS J M B

Jul 31, 2020

In one word It's so great I am so happy enjoying an experience that gives excellent results in different ways to communicate with other people. I found some responses to my doubts that refers to pronunciation, writing, and other things.

Excellent work for the Georgia Technology team.

Thanks.

By HANY A E M H A

Nov 16, 2017

aver professional course introduced by a very qualified teachers with long experience and funny way to deliver all the information. i recommend this course to every teacher in the world specially my country teacher Egypt . you rely need this course. thanks for all the teachers in this course

By Shreeyam R

Jul 31, 2020

This is one of the best courses which I have done, till now. Every small thing which should be kept in mind before the interview is clearly explained by Ms. Leah Attruia. The way presenter has shows the criticality of each minute point is great.

It is also quite useful in the Sales profile.