Back to The Age of Sustainable Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Age of Sustainable Development by Columbia University

The Age of Sustainable Development" gives students an understanding of the key challenges and pathways to sustainable development - that is, economic development that is also socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable....

AA
Jun 1, 2020

Very informative and detailed. Prof. Sachs covers all aspects of sustainable development in detail. Though the course was designed in 2013 hence does not cover the latest development to SDGs to date.

LG
May 18, 2017

This course was perfect for those wanting to explore the world of development, broad enough to include all interlinked themes, with sufficient reading materials to spark one's specializing interests.

201 - 225 of 814 Reviews for The Age of Sustainable Development

By Dauren K

Apr 23, 2020

That is a well prepared course that I like to recommend to everyone. That course is enlightening the problems that for sure our generation and generations that haven't born yet will (already) face in the nearest future.

By Hendrik O

Feb 1, 2016

Prof Sachs provides a detailed view on Sustainable Development that is both educational but also scary. This course shows us that we need to do more and that we have a long way to go in ensuring sustainable development.

By María T D

Aug 7, 2015

Excellent Course! There're so many things we should to know, in order to make a better world, we're still on time to change what has been made wrong, there's a planet to save, there's a task for doing...Let's start now!

By Viveka n P

Oct 22, 2015

A real eye opener. Very informative. Professor Sachs has covered the most fundamental issue of our generations in a very analytical way and provided us all the facts/reasons to think differently for sustainable growth.

By Pedro S M L

Oct 2, 2020

Exceptional course that provides you with a general and specific view about sustainable development around the world and some key ideas about how we con find a solution about the situation at underdeveloped countries.

By Sergio V

Aug 29, 2015

Great overview of the fascinating world of sustainable development. It not only covers the definition and trends of the problems we face, but also the progress and challenges we are facing in alleviating these issues.

By Dave A

Jun 22, 2017

What an amazingly educated view of our past, current and future states of our current global issues from hunger, disease and carbon footprint. This was very eye opening and I thoroughly enjoyed this course.

By Abid G

Oct 9, 2016

We inspiring course!!! I would say, this is one of the best course I ever attended online particularly on sustainable development. I would recommend this course to everyone who is working in the area of development.

By Redvers F C

Jul 23, 2020

This course is absolutely fantastic!!! It is informative, educational, extremely enjoyable and Iam more than happy to endorse and recommend it to anyone and everyone who has an interest in sustainable development.

By Stefano G

Aug 9, 2015

Very comprehensive. I am an economist and I have studied in one of the best universities of Brazil. I can say that the cultural and geographical analysis of the developments of countries are frequently neglected.

By Peter M

The course is very informative and educational. The information is presented well and is informed and current to today's society and social needs. My only comment is that some of the inks are working correctly.

By Basma M

Jul 15, 2020

Excellent course!

Material is very comprehensive and well presented. The right time was given to every section. It was a pleasure learning about sustainable development through its different aspects. Thank you!

By Pratha J

Feb 13, 2016

The deep insight about the problems and innovative solutions to them which Prof. Sachs talked about are commendable. The course equipped me with all the basic knowledge which I can use in my further studies.

By Kate C

Sep 18, 2015

Its such a privilege to have the opportunity to learn from Prof. Sachs videos. He's captivating in the ways he transmits his knowledge making such a complex subject understandable and accesible to "normals".

By angelique k

Jan 25, 2016

This is an exceptional course and I would like to thank both Professor Sachs and Coursera for offering it! It is both a pleasure and an honor to have been able to learn so much and a limited period of time.

By Nirav D

Nov 6, 2017

It was really a great learning with great video lectures and explanation in details. Even after completion of the course, reading material will be very useful. Looking forward to great learning experience.

By raja a

Mar 3, 2017

Thank you Professor Sachs for the lectures. Truly delightful and enjoyable to learn through the courses, and see humanity's inspiring endeavours in setting our path into the age of sustainable development!

By SHAZAD K

Mar 30, 2018

Excellent course presented by on the leading experts on sustainable development. Extremely interesting and engaging. It should be a mandatory course for all college students regardless of their faculty.

By shane

Jul 16, 2017

this class is simply amazing. i dont have enough time to describe how informational this classs is and how well rounded it has made my education. i have taken this class 3 times and its simply wonderful.

By Rosa C P

Feb 14, 2020

Es un curso interesantísimo, que te enseña la complejidad del concepto de desarrollo sostenible desde un lenguaje directo y sencillo. Las referencias y los argumentos del Profesor Sachs son brillantes.

By Jeavonna L C

Apr 13, 2017

Really enjoyed this course. Learned a great deal about ways to effectively make change locally and globally. Also learned a great deal about past failures. The readings were exptensive but outstanding.

By Martina C

Feb 25, 2017

Prof. Sachs was able to open my eyes about a lot of subjects I had never deepen before. I suggest this coure to anyone wants to become more aware of the real life that surrounds us. Thanks Prof. Sachs!

By Linda T P

Apr 18, 2017

Great course. Interesting to learn about historical errors and what lead to the SDG's.

Sustainable Development is the way to go.

An update would be interesting though

Thank You Pr Sachs and mentors.

By Aishwarya K

Nov 3, 2020

Prof. Sachs explains the topics wonderfully and I like his clear accent. It was very comfortable to comprehend and that kept me hooked to this course. Visuals and graphics were also attractive.

By August R

Apr 11, 2018

loved it! Jeffery Sachs once came to our university to have a speech (Peking University) and I wanted to read his book when i found out about this course. This course was better than hoped for!