Back to System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services by Google

This course will transition you from working on a single computer to an entire fleet. Systems administration is the field of IT that’s responsible for maintaining reliable computers systems in a multi-user environment. In this course, you’ll learn about the infrastructure services that keep all organizations, big and small, up and running. We’ll deep dive on cloud so that you’ll understand everything from typical cloud infrastructure setups to how to manage cloud resources. You'll also learn how to manage and configure servers and how to use industry tools to manage computers, user information, and user productivity. Finally, you’ll learn how to recover your organization’s IT infrastructure in the event of a disaster. By the end of this course you’ll be able to: ● utilize best practices for choosing hardware, vendors, and services for your organization ● understand how the most common infrastructure services that keep an organization running work, and how to manage infrastructure servers ● understand how to make the most of the cloud for your organization ● manage an organization’s computers and users using the directory services, Active Directory, and OpenLDAP ● choose and manage the tools that your organization will use ● backup your organization’s data and know how to recover your IT infrastructure in the case of a disaster ● utilize systems administration knowledge to plan and improve processes for IT environments...

CS
Aug 1, 2020

The best course so far. I feel like this course actually showed us things we would be doing day to day in the workplace. It's nice to problem solve since that will probably be a big chunk of the job.

OQ
Jan 15, 2020

This chapter is very interesting since describes a lot of the things that we have at the office running on the background but we never understood well. The material is well put together, congrats.

3051 - 3075 of 3,107 Reviews for System Administration and IT Infrastructure Services

By Francisco D D G

Sep 30, 2019

week 2 has very, and I mean, very serious problems with the test at the end. I tried and tried and even contacted coursera people. I had to do it nine times and I knew all the responses. it is impossible to have top grades when a test is expecting three right responses that I know I have to tick and the quiz shows single circle selection, not square. and there are several questions with this problem!!!

By Jonathan H

Oct 19, 2020

I found the teachers explanatory style much more difficult to learn from than with the previous courses. This was my least favorite course so far. Dealing with software specific issues rather than learning theory is just more difficult for me in general I think. Plus, I hate Windows in general and had a very difficult time forcing myself to be engaged in a lot of the material.

By Sevasti

Apr 19, 2021

You used to have great lectures coursera. Unfortunately, now they instructors just read out loud the material. Sometimes is very difficult to understand. I had to refer to the you tubefor better lectures. The final projects are not graded you just give a grade of 100%. To tell you the truth the only reason I would use your classes if for self studying and guidance.

By Wahaj A

Apr 5, 2021

I really enjoyed the AD sections, I wish there was more hands-on exercises in this course. I think the value of having the VM environment (qwiklab or however you spell it) would have been a good way to teach the AD lessons. I think I have a hard time with hours of videos and then some quizzes. Where’s the hands-on?

By Oleksii P

Apr 13, 2020

There is mistakes in the tests, not clear questions, and if not all possibly correct! options chosen it will count it as 0 not a fraction of a point - I consider it to be unfair.

And to add some of the grammar used in the questions is controversial and not used this days making it complicated to understand.

By Cory J

Jan 4, 2021

There were a lot of spelling errors in the written part of each lesson. There are times that it is easier to read the notes instead of watching the video all of the way through. This can be difficult when there are typos and I have to play the video to see what was actually said.

By Stas

Sep 13, 2021

The course was difficult for a complete beginner like my self, I've felt the course was poorly organized in its order of topic, I've had quizzes with questions about topics that only later on there were video lectures that explained the topic, like Active directory for example

By William B

Sep 24, 2021

This course was the worst so far. Info was muddled, lectures not well organized, quizzes reflective of that. Almost seemed like most people probably don't make it this far into the course so there's less attention placed on it at this point. Disappointing.

By Tom H

Oct 9, 2020

I understand having an expert teach is gret because of the practical knowledge they have but it does not necessarily make them good teachers. I also found the practical elements on qwiklabs either lacking or confusing on initial set up.

By Charles E

Feb 20, 2021

There were a lot of optional labs. That's fine, but each one of these came with an accompanying 1 question, multiple choice with 1 option quiz. These were so incredibly pointless. Whoever designed the UX of this course, why?

By Şahin U

Aug 15, 2020

There is no physical learning techniques as it was in second and third courses, and fifth as well. The is no systematized program, and no enough material to teach in 6 weeks. This course is a little time consuming.

By Astrogildo A G

Aug 14, 2021

Good content but most evaluation questions are poorly designed whereas grading is questionable and unfair. The experience may be very disappointing for starters.

By Gary L F

Jul 31, 2020

This should be the opening series for becoming a System Administrator. Most of this course is way beyond the scope of an I.T. Support person.

By Christopher

Feb 12, 2021

Most of this course instructed the student to outsource IT, I took the course in order to learn IT so that I wouldn't have to outsource it.

By John C G

Feb 1, 2021

The content in this course was not as well structured as in the first three courses in the IT support Professional Certificate

By Tewanna P

Dec 11, 2020

More hands on learning should be incorporated in to the courses. Providing a better skill and knowledge base for learning.

By Eric B

Apr 2, 2021

Essay assignments are a terrible way to assess knowledge. Please consider revising the final portion of this section.

By Low C S W

Feb 24, 2021

Think the videos are sometimes too broad and general which is boring. Then it is not clear to answer the questions

By Vlad O

Jun 24, 2020

The course is quite informative, but the presentation becomes repetitive and dull. Hard to stay concentrated!

By Stefan W

Oct 7, 2020

I would have liked, that the qwiklabs were an essential part of the assignments!

By DL S

Jun 21, 2021

There was a quiz in week 2 that was hard to pass. That was the only problem.

By steve m

Jan 22, 2021

Videos too long, not enough quizzes to break them up or labs.

By Jordan M

Mar 30, 2019

Too broad and didn't go in depth enough.

By Frank E

Dec 25, 2020

The was not a favorite course of mine.

By Naman K N

Jul 1, 2020

Difficult to comprehend for beginners