Back to Teamwork Skills: Communicating Effectively in Groups

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teamwork Skills: Communicating Effectively in Groups by University of Colorado Boulder

Effective teamwork and group communication are essential for your professional and personal success. In this course you will learn to: make better decisions, be more creative and innovative, manage conflict and work with difficult group members, negotiate for preferred outcomes, improve group communication in virtual environments, develop a better overall understanding of human interaction, and work more effectively as a team. Our goal is to help you understand these important dynamics of group communication and learn how to put them into practice to improve your overall teamwork....

ND
Aug 27, 2020

Amazing course! I've learned a lot of new theories & ideas of Group Communication! in a simple yet interesting way. I will definitely make use of knowledge gain from this course in my practical life !

M
Apr 27, 2020

26 - 50 of 643 Reviews for Teamwork Skills: Communicating Effectively in Groups

By Nisha S D

Aug 28, 2020

By Alexandra B

Aug 6, 2020

The instructor does a decent job in the video portion, but the peer review portions are not good at all. The first assignment expects movie watching to be something that learner's are able to do and precludes people with disabilities that do not allow them to watch movies (but who are able to use the videos due to the closed captioning, lack of background noise, etc) or who don't have access to movies to watch (especially in a pandemic). The fact that the assignments go weeks without being "graded" is a waste of time. If assignments aren't "graded" by peers within a certain number of days from submission, the assignment should be considered passed so the learner can move on. Overall, I don't recommend this course because of the nature of the peer review assignments and how it, essentially, holds the learner hostage in a course that would otherwise be completed.

By Daniel K

Apr 26, 2020

I can really recommend this course. Mr. Koschmann is a great professor and understands to structure and explain the content in a very good way. It gave me a great and motivating insight into this topic.

By Mohammed R

Apr 18, 2020

Thank you so much Mathew Sir, My Course instructor for the course where he is a very energetic person I have learnt the course successfully and earned the certificate too. Thank you Coursera.

By Yogesh O

Mar 22, 2019

It is very helpful course to communicate in groups.

Apr 15, 2020

Boring

By Sudipta K G

Aug 24, 2020

When I took up this course, it was all about learning how to make better decisions and manage conflicts. I assumed it to be more pedagogical from the context in the course but having read about Matthew Koschmann as someone who is a Fulbright scholar and has had published articles on the different social aspects, I was hopeful. As the course became progressively interesting, I could understand that letting me know the technical terms and quiz questions that deal with them was all made up to develop my skills in understanding team interactions and the forces that play. It allowed me to get the whole idea of how things have shaped up in my daily work life and helped me understand and appreciate the different behaviours and resolution tactics applied. I thank much to Sir Matthew for the course and look forward to an ever-challenging environment with these grassroot learnings in group interactions.

By Thanaruk Y

This course is really helpful and practical. The prof. provides many aspects of communication which allows me to deeply understand the history, the way it works, and suggestions that can be adapted in my everyday situations. Anyhow, in my opinion, the assignment of the final project is, somehow, way too hard for people who don't attend to the educational system properly. Most of the people enrolling in the course are just interested in the course, but, at the same time, are not prepared for high level of lessons and tasks. I think the two assignments in week 2 and 4 should be reconsidered and changed.

By Harriett S

Oct 18, 2020

Love the course. Very informational and definitely learnt a lot. Communication skill is so crucial to our everyday life. Professor Koschmann did an excellent job in pointing out how easily for us to "miscommunicate" and what we could do to improve. After taking this class, you become more aware of how you and others communicate, what you can do to make information flow better & become a better leader, or just to become a more understanding person when miscommunications or tensions happen. Thank you Professor Koschmann for such an enlightening class, and I enjoyed all the humorous drawings as well.

By Mansi K

Aug 16, 2020

It completely changed my thinking and help me solved a lot of my team communication problems. Earlier i did not even know the reason why there are these problems in the first place. It has helped me better understanding of conflicts and how to resolve them and i have really learned how to be dynamic, flexible. Earlier I faced many problem as I used to be fixed in my thinking and it caused many problems but now I know how I can be dynamic and this has given me a lot of freedom. A very big thanks to Matthew sir for being such a great teacher!

By Maggie H

Sep 14, 2020

This course has given me a whole different view of communication in teams. It has also made me look at this topic from a different perspective. Prof. Matthew Koschmann has a whole wealth of knowledge which he did not hesitate to share with his students. He explained each module very well, and the videos were quite audible enough, for one to understand him. Thank you Coursera and University of Boulder for this great opportunity of learning on this platform.

Looking forward to another exciting learning moment with you. God bless you.

By AGUSTINA B B S

Aug 28, 2020

Without a doubt, one of the best courses to develop interpersonal skills. I liked how the teacher has delved into many concepts that will surely help me improve the decision making process throughout a better understanding of the groups dynamics.

Very useful to put into practice with small groups either at work level, in research projects even in the management of groups in study classrooms.

Thank you very much Coursera for the opportunity to participate in quality training, excellent teachers !!

By Lucinda

Nov 15, 2020

This was a very informative course. I have learned a lot about group communications, traps that can halt communications, what to do and not to do when forming groups, technology in group communications, how effective and ineffective they can be, diversity in group communications.....i've learnt so much from this course. Overall, an awesome course and a super awesome instructor. Would recommend this course to all persons, especially those persons in management roles. Be bold with BOULDER!!

By OWOEYE G T

Nov 19, 2020

When colleagues work well together, either on specific team-related projects or in various departments, it improves productivity, morale and the overall quality of the organization's product or service. When there is conflict between staffers, it has the potential to inhibit teamwork, which can delay projects, result in cost overruns or decrease the effectiveness of the work that's performed. Successful teams can make a huge contribution to organizational productivity and effectiveness

By Zeljko J

Apr 27, 2020

This course was a great experience for me! I just want to comment on the time required to complete the weekly writing tasks (Week 2 and Week 4). The tasks require much more time than designated in the course description. This is misleading and it may be a time management issue for quite busy learners. I would say the designated completion time should at least be doubled for these tasks.

By Akinpelu A A

Aug 19, 2020

Great course!!! Changed my perspective entirely especially regarding decision making and the several traps we fall into that we should try to avoid. The various communication practices was also an eye opener and will greatly help in my communication mode going forward.

The instructor was also great, concise lectures that were very on point.

Am grateful i took part in this course.

By mazen a

Jun 6, 2020

It was a great training and I felt in the training room

This indicates the experience that the trainer has in communicating information to the trainees, and how it works to attract the attention of the participants without feeling it

It is more than wonderful

My sincere love and respect to you, wonderful Matthew Koshman

I wish you success in your career and in your life

By Rosemary M

Nov 7, 2020

A very good course for anyone who wants to live and work well with others. Highly recommended to everyone. Young and old it is very good. Thank you professor for dedicating your time to teach us and my peers for sharing different life experiences. I feel i am a different person after the course and i promise myself to keep working on improving my communication!

By José B

Oct 4, 2020

This course is suberb! The way the content was organized and sequenced is a work of art, scientific art! I will always refer to ths course for the rich content in few well chosen words. This is a must for any team player. One minor problem is that work assessments from week 2 and 4 are a bit demanding and we find a lot of plagiarism when grading colleagues.

By Amitabh S

Jun 21, 2020

Thank Matthew for a wonderful and brilliant course.

It might say group communication skills but I say these are must have skills for any one communicating in any form of work or personal life.

This has been a fantastic learning journey for me and I assure everyone taking this course that they will use these techniques/skills regularly in day to day life.

By Ahmed, A M

Sep 25, 2020

The course was very rich in content. I was able to know the dynamics of communicating effectively in groups which hitherto I took for granted. With this course, I now know the effective way to communicate either in words, signs and body language. The course was practical in all aspects. It is a very rich course which I recommend for all managers.

By ASHOK B T

Sep 6, 2020

i really like that coursera and coursera is the best e-lerning platform as it provides many courses including free ones. qulity of video is very good and videos are also very interactive and understandable. coursera is very easy to use . it is the best place for any biginner. it also provide a certificate for all courses that we are learning.

By MERCY M T

May 3, 2020

Thanks Professor Mathew A Koschmann , PhD for the wonderful classes .

The material is optimised for the topic.

No flaws while communicating through media .

Construction of peer reviews ,forum , comments everything is fantastic.

Interested to complete one more course if time permits .

A big round of applause for the entire team.

Thank you .

By Bach H P

I find this course to be very thorough and helpful. The explanation of key terms for each module is very well explained and easy to understand for me. The quizzes and assignments are in-depth, and really help boost my understanding of the module. Invest some time into this course and you will find the results to be quite worthwhile.