Back to Teamwork Skills: Communicating Effectively in Groups

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teamwork Skills: Communicating Effectively in Groups by University of Colorado Boulder

Effective teamwork and group communication are essential for your professional and personal success. In this course you will learn to: make better decisions, be more creative and innovative, manage conflict and work with difficult group members, negotiate for preferred outcomes, improve group communication in virtual environments, develop a better overall understanding of human interaction, and work more effectively as a team. Our goal is to help you understand these important dynamics of group communication and learn how to put them into practice to improve your overall teamwork....

ND
Aug 27, 2020

Amazing course! I've learned a lot of new theories & ideas of Group Communication! in a simple yet interesting way. I will definitely make use of knowledge gain from this course in my practical life !

M
Apr 27, 2020

51 - 75 of 637 Reviews for Teamwork Skills: Communicating Effectively in Groups

By Andrine V

Jun 5, 2020

The professor mode of trasmission made learning online a tremendous experience. I found each module either reinforce previous knowledge or imparted new material. I have learned about traps, use of technology, roles,norms and decision making. This course will not only help in career advancement but in general life. Thanks Professor

By Kavitha S

Apr 29, 2020

I am not just saying for the sake. Sincerely this course is going to help me a lot. The instructor Mr. Mathew Koschmann nailed it in many places. During the course period (era) itself I used some techniques taught by him in my profession. It turned out to be positive. Thank you for the whole team for sociomaterializing the subject.

By Kusmanto

it's a great course to learn about group communication. we might already know some of the material and probably a bit obvious yet we never aware and pay attention to them. by this course, that is all about, not only we learn but aware and know what to do with them in order to develop the group as a dynamic system in society.

By Lyndon P M

Mar 26, 2019

This Course is a must for every team member and leader in order to communicate effectively and build high performing teams. Course outline was well organised: they flowed and build on each other. The content was rich. The presenter always provided insight into the next topic and gave summaries of each lesson and sub-lesson.

By Svetlana L

Jul 7, 2020

Great experience, 5/5! Somewhat challenging but exciting to do assignments. Matthew Koschmann, the lecturer, is indeed very good at explaining complex concepts in a simple and engaging way. Many thanks for the course, I will make sure to use what I've learned in practice and to do a better job when working in teams.

By Javad R G

we can indeed make better decisions, be more creative and innovative, manage conflict and work with difficult group members, negotiate for preferred outcomes, improve group communication in virtual environments, develop a better overall understanding of human interaction, and work more effectively as a team.

By Veronica G A C

May 30, 2018

I like very much this course, it is a good tool to learn how to have a good communication in a group. The activities are very dynamic and understable however I think that the time assigned is not enough because there are extra activities which take more time to do it. Anyway I am very happy to complete it.

By Bruna G

Jul 28, 2020

This is a really great course. The content is relevant and explained clearly. It all seemed very well organized and thought of. And the examples, as well as the assignments, provide great opportunities to understand the content. Thank you very much to everyone involved in the making of this course!

By Rebecca R

Jun 3, 2020

Enjoyed the course, but have my doubts about the peer review process. Most of the submissions I was given had nothing to do with the subject of the course I was taking. The only criteria I had to evaluate were the criteria from this course which was distinctly not the subject of the submissions.

By Magnus S

Jul 16, 2020

Firstly, this course Compelling guides you on how to interact with coworkers and how to extract the best from your team and yourself.

Secondly, it encouraged me to learn how to Summerize properly and how to craft interesting and worth reading Case Studies.

Can't wait to start another one.

By Khanh V L N

Jul 31, 2020

The introductory-level course offers a wide range of useful material regarding group communication, group decision-making, and group differences; which helps the learners familiarize themselves with the topic as well as apply these into the practical life to enhance group communication

By Shivani M

Jun 25, 2020

Amazing course!! I learnt different aspects of communication. The Professor was great and wonderfully put up all the points in an understandable language. Helpful were the case studies and assignments along with the movies. Great Thanks to Coursera and University of Colorado Boulder!!

By Eszter V

Aug 15, 2020

Very intense class, with lots of homeworks. But interesting ones. The movie I enjoyed a lot. And while I could see many plagiums, some fellow students really put the effort into it, just like me.

Also, presentation was very cool, sometimes really edge-cutting technologies. Thank you.

By Leeanne J

Aug 14, 2020

This course did a great job of teaching the fundamentals of group communication. I would highly suggest it for any professional who frequently collaborates in groups. I was impressed by the instructors ability to incorporate modern technology into the discussion of communication.

By Bijesh K

Apr 30, 2020

Good modules with a great descriptive lecture. I would however suggest to add more video content and also have some interactive or game sessions to add more interesting elements in the modules. I had a good time with the learning materials and hope this will help me in my life.

By West K D P

I learned a lot from this course. The instructor was very enthusiastic and was a very good communicator (the course was about communication after all). The visuals were also very well-prepared. I wish more Coursera courses would adopt this style. Week 3 was exceptionally good!

By Wong P K

Aug 11, 2020

Great course. I have never framed group communication as a social construction, which is important to understand why some meetings look inefficient to me. The course is well-organized. Prof. Koschmann is brilliant and an effective communicator for the students to learn from.

By Varun P

Aug 16, 2020

The course is essential for anyone who wants to understand the underlying principles that guide group communication. It has been a great learning experience for me and I look forward to using these learning in my life both in professional and personal settings.

By Marcelo v V L

Aug 16, 2020

Professor Matthew Koschmann is an extraordinary communicator, and provides good examples about how to effectively interact in groups, allowing to achieve the best outcomes. Congratulations for Matt's and his team efforts in creating such informative content.

By Simone F

May 2, 2020

Great course. Professor Matthew was very clear and inspiring!

I've appreciated also the way you joined lectures to articles, books and movie insights. This way you give students the possibility to expand their knowledge exploring your extra materials.

By critical m

Apr 19, 2020

The course is about teamwork skills how we communicate with each other what kind of problem are arises when we interact with other in group and sir had gave best possible way to how to overcome from this kind of tracks the overall course is nice.

By Chinwe O

Apr 29, 2020

I enjoyed learning about team working skills and communication as social construction...this I will never forget! This has been insightful and will help me become more conscious in my means mode and message of communication. Thank you so much!

By Enrico C

Jun 28, 2020

The course is a great starter for those who are new to working in a team context, especially in a professional organization. It also illustrates and names concepts some of which we may already be familiar with. It has nice video content, too!

By Adebayo A O

Apr 12, 2020

The course is an eye opening as to why small organisation aren't making progress. Team work is an essential part of all organisations and we must have the understanding of the skills to fit in properly and to yield viable results at the end

By B G

Apr 28, 2020

It is really an useful material which really helps me to find more effective in decision making also to find the traps especially in it.

A heartily thanks to prof - Matt. for virtual communication methods which makes sense.

Thank You.