Back to The Science of Well-Being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Well-Being by Yale University

In this course you will engage in a series of challenges designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits. As preparation for these tasks, Professor Laurie Santos reveals misconceptions about happiness, annoying features of the mind that lead us to think the way we do, and the research that can help us change. You will ultimately be prepared to successfully incorporate a specific wellness activity into your life. THE SCIENCE OF WELL BEING WAS PRODUCED IN PART DUE TO THE GENEROUS FUNDING OF THE DAVID F. SWENSEN FUND FOR INNOVATION IN TEACHING....

PS
Aug 19, 2020

This is an outstanding course! I was able to change into a more positive and productive mindset as taught in this course. I highly recommend it to everyone regardless of your profession or background.

KV
Jun 14, 2020

This course helped me think of news ways to think and new ways to reach certain goals that I would have not thought about. It's kind of long but I was interested and completed the course feeling good.

9701 - 9725 of 10,000 Reviews for The Science of Well-Being

By Fabiana Z

Jun 3, 2020

It was an exceptional course for my personal progress, incorporating new learning and methodologies for understanding and search happiness. My expectations were met, it has different media of information like videos, quizzes, surveys, etc. The teacher generates a quality relationship regardless being learning online, I recommend it

By Stephanie H

Jul 6, 2020

Good class and the professor is great. If you are not a young, college student be prepared for not so relatable examples at times and the word "like" used in almost every sentence from each speaker. Other than that, a very useful course. I'm now meditating every day because of it and that's helping in other areas of my life.

By Rachel M

May 23, 2020

This course is an excellent way to discover how to boost your wellbeing by making the most of what you have. You learn the science behind some negative behaviours and how to counteract negative influences in out lives that stop us from being happy. A course that explains the science in a way that is accessible for all.

By LW

Apr 16, 2020

I enjoyed this course. I learned a lot of things about happiness and what makes us happy and what we think makes us happy but does not. I also learned a lot of new activities that have been proven to improve our happiness levels. I will continue to practice these activities and hopefully improve my happiness level!

By Supriya L

Jun 5, 2020

A very good course to understand the key meaning of "TRUE HAPPINESS". The course, also makes us introspect in our good and bad habits and behaviours and how to manage, control or improve them. The course provides us with several ways to practise some really good rewirement techniques to improve ourself inside out.

By Heather C

Jan 10, 2021

This was an excellent course that provides science to back what happiness is and how to change life habits that inhibit it. Providing the tools to bring in true happiness and joy in life. I highly recommend taking this course. Dr. Laurie Santos was engaging, positive and encouraging through the 10 weeks.

By Alicia B

I thought the course overall was really great. The one thing I would change would be to start the rewirements sooner, and continue the learning portions throughout. Possibly even assign accountability partners for those who'd like that, as finding accountability from others not in the class can be challenging.

By Marisa S M

Aug 11, 2018

The teachings and materials were fantastic, but I can't give this course a 5 star because of all the technical issues, very cumbersome design, and confusing web site. The web site kept going back to things I already completed. And I keep getting emails asking me if I want to do this course or switch classes...

By Gestur H

Aug 31, 2020

Great as an introduction to concepts and methods to begin getting life on track. Undoubtedly helpful to younger students still finding their perspective, and more material (either optional or as seperate follow-up courses) for people with heavier experience and lives to realign would be very well appreciated.

By Jonathan W

Apr 9, 2021

The course did a great job presenting practical information. It was light on the theory and analysis. For example, the title of the course is "The Science of Well-Being" yet the only sort of well-being ever discussed is "happiness", without any discussion of the relationship between well-being and happiness.

By Siddhi P

Dec 2, 2020

In a fast-paced and chaotic life, this course is precisely what one needs to rewire our well-being and happiness. The course provides us with various tools (like WOOP) and studies which enable us to take active steps to a healthy and meaningful life. Thoroughly enjoyed learning and satisfied with the course!

By Mary W

Jun 4, 2020

I’ve heard so many times, “just choose to be happy”, but it never seemed that simple. This class is a guide. Although some points seem like “no brainers”, ie: exercise, get more sleep, through this course I learned the science behind what makes us feel truly happy and well, and how to put these into action.

By Renee L

Aug 28, 2018

Absolutely learned a great deal of this course and loved how you managed to create an online course that is interactive and has a sense of community even though I was sitting behind my laptop by myself in my room. Interesting additional videos and reading material, would love to learn more on this subject.

By Gloria D W

Jun 13, 2020

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

This course was very informative, with practical and practicable tips for putting theories into practice. It has taught us how to pursue well-being, which would be a lifelong learning process, if you like.

By Christian

Apr 28, 2020

Estupendo curso, le doy 4 estrellas porque si bien es cierto que tu bienestar depende mayormente de ti mismo, creo que se pudo ahondar más en la ciencia del bienestar y poner desafíos más prácticos (al menos el planteamiento y la motivación ya que no hay manera de comprobar que en realidad se realizaron).

By Joanisabelle T

Feb 1, 2021

Some of the research did not seem super solid. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed the course generally speaking. I had been avoiding meditation, and am grateful to have started up the practice. I am continuing this practice. Additinally, I particularly delight in the idea of investing in experiences.

By Emily S

Mar 27, 2020

Great course for ANYONE and EVERYONE. I appreciated the psychological background and the research to support what the professor was teaching. I loved the professor's energy and I appreciated the helpful videos, readings and quizzes along the way. Definitely a fun topic and a helpful topic for our lives.

By Peter E

Mar 26, 2021

Excellent, eye opening course. A couple of nitpicks - I think too much time was lost during the final four challenge weeks and judging from the few responses I read few were successful in establishing an ongoing commitment. Also, student audience didn't contribute much for an Ivy League university.

By varsha

Jun 21, 2020

one must take this course to understand how our own mind fool us into believing that we gonna have a long impact of certain unpleasant event but that's not true due to hedonic adaptation we get used to things so we think that it's a gonna affect us like forever but that's not the case.period

By joan o

Jul 24, 2018

Helpful course for everyone. Great material presented in engaging format. If you plan to take this course, I suggest you use your laptop. The app freezes up and gives error messages preventing progress through scoring your peers' submissions at the end. Overall, I give this course an A-

By Max J P

Jun 8, 2020

A bit more research/data heavy than I initially anticipated but overall a great course with a lovely professor, who's clearly very passionate about the subject. It opened my eyes in many ways and introduced me to positive habits and ideas that I will continue to use throughout my life.

By Melanie B G

Aug 6, 2020

I truly did enjoy this course. I would recommend it to others that are looking to instill a new behavior or habit in their life. For those like me that really like to dig deep into the Soc or Psych research behind this topic, I would say this is a good starting point or introduction.

By Martina B

Jun 15, 2020

Sehr interessanter und spannender Kurs. Man lernt einiges über die wissenschaftlichen Erkenntnisse von Happiness udn Well being und die Praxistipps lassen sich sehr leicht in den beruflichen und privaten Alltag einbauen. Alles in allem eine Bereicherung den Kurs absolviert zu haben.

By Jeff O

Nov 30, 2020

great course that brought the science to the idea of well-being. The rewirement/micro-practices were beneficial as it brought the concepts to life rather than simply becoming a lecture style class. Would recommend to anybody who is struggling with personal well-being and happiness.

By Lance K

Jun 10, 2020

Laurie did a fabulous job, was easy to understand and provided excellent examples to support the learning. The course content was a great reminder of previous readings and provided new science to support well being. Thank you for the opportunity and an excellent rewirement!