Back to Understanding Financial Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Financial Markets by University of Geneva

In this course, you will learn what the main financial markets and their characteristics are as well as how they are linked to the economy. Our very diversified team of experts will start by teaching you how the price of stocks and bonds are computed and why they move while you will become increasingly aware of the notion of risk and why it matters when measuring an investment's performance. The focus will then move to less popular markets such as gold, emerging markets, real estate, hedge funds and private markets. These will be analyzed with an emphasis on their particular risks and return opportunities as well as how they can help in building efficient portfolios. Finally, the policies of central banks and their impact on financial markets will be presented to you along with the link between the economy and the price of financial assets. All along these different steps, experts from UBS, our corporate partner, will show you how the concepts you just acquired are effectively applied in a leading global bank. This focus on practicality means you will not only understand what is going on in global financial markets but also start to figure out how you can use them to achieve financial goals, be it a client's or your own. Course Director and main teaching contributor: Dr. Michel Girardin, Lecturer in Macro-Finance, University of Geneva...

MC

Jul 17, 2017

Mr. Michel is really an amazing teacher! His lectures are vivic and greatly attracts my attention. I hope to take more of his classes because I've Learned more than I nomally can do in a short class

SA

Feb 01, 2020

All the instructors were very knowledgeable and used lots of real life examples to explain the theory. They were also kind of funny and turned a "stiff" topic into a lively and fascinating story.

151 - 175 of 550 Reviews for Understanding Financial Markets

By Nkemjika U

Jun 17, 2017

The lecturers did a fine job breaking down the course and making it really easy to understand. I totally enjoyed the course.

By Praneeth K

May 17, 2017

Thanks very much for the course. Would've been more challenging if there were new questions in the graded quiz during retake

By Elton F K W

Mar 14, 2016

Lively demonstration of concepts and excellent, knowledgeable professors. Would strongly recommend to my friends and family!

By VISHAL P M

Jul 15, 2018

I followed this course in order to developed my professional skills.And It was great experience learning with these course.

By JARUBOOT A

Jan 23, 2017

Good course. However, the language used in this course was a bit tough for a foreigner (non-english speaking participant).

By Andrew G

Jun 26, 2016

Very well delivered, clearly a lot of effort went into it on behalf of the excellent lecturers and the quality production

By Ekaterina C

Jan 15, 2019

Simple, direct, and geared at beginners. I understood more taking this course than I did after a semester in university.

By Ashlin G

Sep 15, 2016

Great course with amazing lecturers and insightful content. The lecture style was fun interactive and really engaged me.

By Priya A M

Mar 31, 2019

This was a well-planned well-delivered course. I really enjoyed all the lectures, especially Prof. Girardin's lectures.

By Messias M U

Dec 26, 2016

It was my first glimpse inside the strange world of making money by being patient. Rushing takes us nowhere. Thank you.

By Lax N

Jul 29, 2019

Great overview of key economic concepts. Lot of real world examples and repetition to solidify the knowledge provided.

By QUOC T P

Dec 17, 2016

The course is excellent

However, I wish that the course is longer; since many things that lecturer teach is so valuable

By Yitong C

Mar 06, 2020

It's a very helpful course, the professors in this video are very nice, the reading material is very beneficial too.

By Philippe M

Dec 19, 2016

Very good introduction to the financial markets.

Material could be quite ameliorated if scripts were in PDF format.

By Andrei P

Mar 06, 2016

Excellent programme, there were some mistakes in the translation. For example instead of Yield it is written Year.

By Matteo E

Jun 19, 2017

Great course. Introductory, well structured, simple and clear for a beginner to grasp important financial basics.

By Tilak B

Dec 07, 2017

A comprehensive course that outlines the basics of finance. A good introduction for any individual interested to

By Ramanand G

Feb 08, 2020

This is the best course on financial market and also somehow difficult and easy but apart from it i enjoyed it.

By Masutano M

May 30, 2018

Brilliantly put out! well composed courses! rich with information and great insight to the world of finance!

By Bilal A L

Nov 26, 2016

one of the best courses available for those who are keen to learn and understand how financial markets work.

By Mario I

Mar 01, 2016

Excellent course, covering an ample field in finance and economics. Most importantly, top quality educators.

By Alex B

Feb 27, 2016

Educative content. Very good for people who want to have a better understanding about the financial markets.

By Elly M

Apr 04, 2018

The course content was easy to follow and the instructors were very good at explaining the concepts clearly

By DR I C

Mar 28, 2017

I found this to be a very well put together Course. If I do not offend may I comment on the verbal delivery

By Ayasha A

Jul 07, 2019

This course me helped me a lot to learn new aspects related with financial market term. Thank you courser.