Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO
Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

MC
Sep 25, 2016

This is an insightful introductory course to User Experience Design. While it is just an introduction, the lessons and the examples provided were comprehensive, leaving you with a thirst for more.

1001 - 1025 of 1,046 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Juan B

Oct 27, 2020

it's very good presented an easy to understand. I was expecting some more depth

By Yuchen Z

Sep 7, 2017

it is really an introductory course, therefore very easy and basic ideas

By Yan K

Apr 26, 2020

Материала мало и много воды, много вопросов тестов высосано из пальца.

By Celine B

Jun 7, 2020

Je m'attendais plus à une formation orientée sur le design des UI

By Priya R

Jul 7, 2018

This course was too basic, despite being an introductory course.

By Pooja L

Jan 16, 2019

Really basic. Only quizzes to pass no practical projects.

By Jeremy R

Apr 20, 2017

visualized examples? - good content but lacked engagement

By Margarita S

Jan 6, 2021

It was ok, a little more difficult than I thought

By E. C C

Apr 14, 2017

Very simple overview of the UX process.

By Tochukwu

Apr 15, 2021

Good foundation though too academic.

By Huzaifa S K

Sep 8, 2020

This course was quiet an easy one.

By Julie B

Oct 14, 2016

Good base to start building a site

By Vanessa w

Nov 6, 2016

A little too common sense.

By Nivedita

By Arvind C

na

By shane d

Jul 18, 2020

The video content production came across as very amateur, lines of flubbed dialogue left in, and overall just came across as unprofessional. Very little attention to detail, you can tell this was throw together in a matter of maybe a few weeks. That might be being too generous. Here's the development cycle for this course: Talking head, garbage slides, bad green screen, lazy video production, minimal information, and now lets charge money. Thankfully I just did the free version. I will say I did learn a few things and the layout of being able to save notes from the video was nice. However I would never recommend this to anyone when you can go find all this information elsewhere and with much higher quality. If any passion or care was shown to this course to get me excited then I would recommend it but as it stands right now. This is a hard pass. I can't believe you are actually charging money for this, simply stunning.

By Julia M

Oct 26, 2020

it's funny that this course is all about user experience and yet it was not at all a good teaching technique. I found it boring and not at all interactive. It was very difficult to concentrate while the professor was talking and reading slides on a white artificial background. This topic involves a lot of technical terms and I feel like I was missing a lot of examples and metaphors in order to actually remember them all. I would love to see a course in an interactive video, one that not only talking but also using visual examples in order to make this or any other topic memorable and easy to learn. something similar to this but with a voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II8TOCsoMK0&ab_channel=asyrafhaziq

By Benjamín V

Dec 28, 2020

El tema es muy interesante, entretenido y donde se puede aprender bastante. Pero, la presentadora es aburrida, lee todo el curso, monótona y no aporta nada, es lamantable. Este curso NO es de la experiencia del usuario ya que lo expuesto se puede aplicar en casi cualquier forma de hacer las cosas. No es un curso bueno, es un mal curso.

Gracias de todas maneras, siempre se puede aprender algo nuevo y rescatar cosas buenas de cada curso.

By Oliver F

Apr 30, 2021

This course is almost entirely about how to talk to customers when looking at design which is how we end up with terrible interfaces in everything. Just because you implement what the customer says they like doesn't mean it is the optimal way to develop a UX. I was expecting at least some general concepts of what makes a good UX but it is basically just a general project management course with some UX specific terms thrown in.

By Teresa B

Aug 22, 2020

I had no prior UX experience, this course was painfully slow and lacked content in the videos. I learned more from the reference reading material than I did the videos. The quirkiness of the lingo specific to UX is not explained well in this course. Despite being a beginner at UX, I learned very little directly from this class. I gave it two starts because at least I learned things from the reference materials.

By Andrea S

May 11, 2021

Una buena y básica introducción al mundo de diseño de experiencia de usuario, me permitió repasar los conceptos vistos en mi carrera (diseño industrial) y ahora procederé a tomar un curso más completo y especializado con las bases frescas y correctas. La verdad es que es bastante aburrido pero al menos pude acabarlo rápidamente y repasar algunos conceptos.

By Iyobosa I

Jan 3, 2021

Very average course... This course wasn't the best. Besides the poorly worded quiz questions, especially the Prototype and Evaluation quizes, there's way too much theory and not much practical learning. I going to have to take many more courses in order to learn UX/UI Design. Average course.