Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO

Oct 23, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

MC

Sep 26, 2016

This is an insightful introductory course to User Experience Design. While it is just an introduction, the lessons and the examples provided were comprehensive, leaving you with a thirst for more.

51 - 75 of 605 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By J P

Jun 17, 2019

Amazingly well put together and concise. Not stuffed with quotes as filler or echoing personal opinions. References are from within the field of UX. I recently started the UMich UX specialization and this one from Georgia Tech is so much better on introduction.

By Sansanee C

Jan 09, 2020

This course is very easy to understand. Even though I already work in the design industry for years, I discovered that this is one of the best methodologies I have ever learned. I can use not only user experience design but also the other fields of design too.

By Tailane B

Oct 03, 2019

Thank you so much for all the information presented in this course. I could understand better how to perform while experience a new feature in the system or even how to evaluate all the data and information gathered while applying the knowledge acquired.

By Humphrey P

Feb 24, 2018

This course is concise and comprehensive. Could serve as a sort of "bedrock" of academic knowledge on the subject. Touches on the introduction and interesting beginner-level topics just as its described in the title. I would highly recommend this.

By Niranjan G

Sep 15, 2017

Dr. Rosa is supper teacher in UX field. I loved to way of her teaching quality. Fantastic course of UX introduction is really good with in-depth knowledge. I would like to refer this course specially for new learners!

Great Regards,

Niranjan Gohane

By Grace E A

Jul 02, 2020

This course contains a brief overview of what User Experience Design is. The contents are delivered clearly, the quizzes are good and challenging. It's very helpful and easy to understand for a newbie like me. Thank you for providing this course!

By Taylor C

Aug 07, 2019

Really informative for an introductory course. The lectures are easy to understand and follow. The readings are really helpful resources, and interesting as well. The quizzes are little confusing, judging by how the questions are structured.

Aug 21, 2018

It is very useful for novice learners to learn new terms, definitions about User Experience Design. You can't be an expert right away after this course but you can know the basic concepts as well as the process to build good UX Designs.

By Srinivas P

Dec 22, 2016

Very good Introductory course. Provides you with all the basic information about User experience design as well as a list of very useful resources. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to start a career in the field of UX design.

By Bennett H

Feb 11, 2020

This course was an excellent overview of UX design concepts, and gave me the right amount of information for the length of the course. I found all the material worth viewing, and am interested in learning more about the field of UX.

By Sarah B

Feb 13, 2017

This course was a great intro to user experience design. It paralleled a user research projects I was participating in and clarified the steps being used. It also didn't take long and I was able to fit it in my busy schedule.

By Heather O

Dec 10, 2016

A great course for anyone just starting out in UXD. You will learn the terminology fairly quickly, the resources are a wonderful source, the quizzes help the course's lessons sink in. All in all, you will not be disappointed.

By Fiorela C M

May 07, 2020

El curso amplió mis conocimientos con ejemplos que reforzaban lo aprendido,ademas de evaluaciones constantes que ayudan a que mis futuros aprendizajes sobre UX y la aplicación de éstos en mi trabajo sean mas eficientes.

By Xi Z

Aug 17, 2018

This course provides a very clear overview of what UX Design entails! Recommend to people who want to understand what UX Design is and what it involves! Instructor explains very, very clearly. Definitely recommend!!

By Stesha M

Apr 18, 2020

This was excellent introduction to the process of user experience design. Dr. Arriaga is an engaging instructor. I appreciated how weeks 2 - 5 focused on one step of the 4-step design process. I highly recommend .

By Barbara U

Jun 05, 2017

The course gives an excellent overview about the basics of UX Design. It is a great Introduction for anyone who is new to this field as it provides helpful sources and a well-explained understanding for UX Design.

By Steven W

Jul 23, 2018

I really like this course! This is for beginners who are looking for where to start, what exactly User Experience consist of. For me, I really enjoy learning about the research part and prototyping. Great class.

By Dhiraj A

Aug 17, 2017

The course has been designed lucidly for a beginner to get to understand the principals. It will help lay good foundation for working out good designs for an efficient, effective and satisfying User Experience

By Shaik M I

May 21, 2018

Rally happy to have found this subject online. it has helped me to clear my basics about what user expects and how that expectation can be translated into an experience by improving or redoing the designs.

By Ekaterina

Jan 08, 2017

Excellent presentation of the material. Concise and to the point. I wish there were more courses by this professor in depth for FREE. I know, I know, I want a lot. :) Thank you for a great introduction!!!

By 尤临临

Feb 24, 2020

The course design is very good, very suitable for beginners, through learning ,I master the four steps of the interface optimization , and the method of each step needs ! Thank you very much for sharing!

By Shivam S

Dec 21, 2019

Thank you so much Georgia Tech for making this video. It was really informative and helpful i even started my first UX Research project because of this and thanks coursera for providing this for free. :)

By Chandra S B

Nov 27, 2019

course summarizes a good understanding of basic criterias to be met for a successful ux design and what are the key steps involved. must recommend for a novice rather than directly jumping into designing

By Silvia B

Mar 16, 2018

The course is good for beginners and although sometimes the amount of information can seem a bit too much, it pays off to get to the end of it. I would definitely recommend it if I would have the chance.

By Іващук А В

Oct 17, 2019

This is my first course completed on Coursera and I'm greatly satisfied with the learning material and the course structure. Thanks a lot for the opportunity to study for free. Do do really a great job.