Back to Introduction to User Experience Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to User Experience Design by Georgia Institute of Technology

The focus of this course is to introduce the learner to User Experience (UX) Design User Experience design is design that is user centered. The goal is to design artifacts that allow the users to meet their needs in the most effective efficient and satisfying manner. The course introduces the novice to a cycle of discovery and evaluation and a set of techniques that meet the user's needs. This course is geared toward the novice. It is for learners that have heard about "user experience" or "user interface" design but don't really know much about these disciplines. The course mantra is that “Design is a systematic and data driven process.” Design is systematic because it is based on a set of techniques and also on a cycle of discovery. In this course the learner is introduced to the four step user interface design cycle. Along the way learners are exposed to a set of techniques to gather information about a) what the user needs b)how to design and model interfaces based on these and then how to evaluate the design to ascertain that the user's goals are met. These techniques are tools that are used in a standardized manner and give us the data we use in our design. This means that anyone (regardless of their current training) that is willing to learn these techniques and follow the proposed cycle can be a UX designer!...

AO
Oct 22, 2017

The best introduction classes, gives an overall idea about UI/UX. Grateful for the efforts taken by the Georgia Tech and Coursera. Looking forward to see more courses related to my career. Thank you.

KJ
Oct 4, 2020

It was fair introduction to UI / UX. I moved away from front-end development a long time ago but wanted to know about the new techniques used prior to starting that sort of development these days.

101 - 125 of 902 Reviews for Introduction to User Experience Design

By Irena K

Nov 25, 2020

That course is a perfect intro to anyone who thinks to dip his/her toes into the UX world, and needs to grasp the general structure of the whole process.. The course is well organised and presented. 5 stars!

By Shaik M I

May 21, 2018

Rally happy to have found this subject online. it has helped me to clear my basics about what user expects and how that expectation can be translated into an experience by improving or redoing the designs.

By Ekaterina

Jan 7, 2017

Excellent presentation of the material. Concise and to the point. I wish there were more courses by this professor in depth for FREE. I know, I know, I want a lot. :) Thank you for a great introduction!!!

By Thaw T W

Dec 12, 2020

I'm Asian (Burmese). I'm not really proficient in English but the teacher's explanation was clear. I hope it will support my computing project which will be included in final year. Thanks for everything.

By 尤临临

Feb 24, 2020

The course design is very good, very suitable for beginners, through learning ,I master the four steps of the interface optimization , and the method of each step needs ! Thank you very much for sharing!

By Shivam S

Dec 21, 2019

Thank you so much Georgia Tech for making this video. It was really informative and helpful i even started my first UX Research project because of this and thanks coursera for providing this for free. :)

By Chandra S B

Nov 27, 2019

course summarizes a good understanding of basic criterias to be met for a successful ux design and what are the key steps involved. must recommend for a novice rather than directly jumping into designing

By Silvia B

Mar 16, 2018

The course is good for beginners and although sometimes the amount of information can seem a bit too much, it pays off to get to the end of it. I would definitely recommend it if I would have the chance.

By Іващук А В

Oct 17, 2019

This is my first course completed on Coursera and I'm greatly satisfied with the learning material and the course structure. Thanks a lot for the opportunity to study for free. Do do really a great job.

By Jair M P F

Jun 27, 2020

Very well presented course. I took in a lot of information. A little more guidance would have been helpful when completing the projects, but overall I am very pleased with this course and instructor.

By Ubyrajara A C D M

Jul 8, 2019

This course is particularly good. It gave me all the insight needed to pursue a more advanced UX curriculum. The reading content is very interesting and can clarify many topics covered in the videos.

By Kleber R J

Oct 5, 2020

By Juan M M

Sep 14, 2020

Loved the course, it was both didactic and interesting. Really peaked my interest in UX design, now to find more about the subject! PS: Ms Arriaga is a lovely teacher, and also has great outfits.

By Prathima P

Oct 17, 2018

Great introductory course, with lots of challenging material for non-tech majors/ backgrounds. Very informative! Slightly repetitive lessons and long length of lessons are its only drawback. :)

By Katina M

Aug 24, 2020

This is a quick and easy way to educate yourself on the basics of UI/UX. It only scrapes the surface of the beginning process of creating design, but it leaves you wanting to explore more.

By Reubin D

Jan 7, 2017

This course does a wonderful job of using real world examples to better explain the theory. I came into this course somewhat familiar with UX design and now I am eager to learn more. Thanks

By Veronica P

Jan 24, 2019

Great introductory course. It is taught in a way that is straightforward and easy to understand. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to start their journey on the subject of UX Design.

By Paula K

Dec 21, 2016

Great teacher, great short course for learning the lingo in the field. I recommended reading the books mentioned at the beginning of the course simultaneously with doing the course work.

By Lufialuiso V

Dec 30, 2020

I loved it! In this course i could clear some doubts from my User Centered Design course and i got new skills that will help me too much in my professional life.

Thank you very much.

--LV

By Balaji G

Jul 14, 2019

I liked how the overall framework and the context was well maintained all throughout the course. I always knew the context w.r.t the overall framework. Very good design of the course.

By Jo-Anne L

Aug 22, 2020

I completed this course in order to brush up on the fundamentals of a course I completed year ago. This course was interesting, engaging and easy to move through. I highly recommend!

By Carrie M

Jun 24, 2020

This was my first course ever on User Experience. I look forward to using the recommended resources to learn more on the topic. Dr. Arriaga made this content very easy to understand.

By Sushrutha M

Oct 9, 2018

Great refresher course. I am passionate about User experience design and trying to update my knowledge, having been away from this for over a decade. This course was perfect for me.

By Paula M

Oct 16, 2020

Great instructor and course! Super clear explanations and module organization. The way she kept revising the concepts along the course helped a lot to remember what was being said.

By Saeed L

Jul 4, 2017

I enjoyed the way Dr. Rosa laid out the course material. it is structured and intuitive. I wish that Dr. Rosa added a summary for the major steps and points because that's what I