Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

LM

Sep 23, 2019

I really liked the peer reviews at the end. It was a great way to view other examples of how different projects, industries, and teams have used design thinking. The course was easy to follow as well.

MV

Dec 01, 2016

As a design manager I should say this course actually opened my eyes to a new world. I hope be able to make good changes in my world by using this knowledge more and more in my life. Thanks to All :)

201 - 225 of 1,005 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Dov M

Feb 14, 2018

Excellent instructor, well organized, succinct. As a busy professional I thought this class provided excellent value and was time well invested.

By Ricardo L

Jan 24, 2017

Foi um curso incrivelmente prático, que apresentou cases robustos e exemplos muito valiosos. Gostei bastante da dinâmica do cursos e do conteúdo.

By MARYMEL P

Dec 28, 2016

this course helps me a lot. i gain so much information and knowledge in terms of design thinking. thank you for this wonderful and helpful course

By Krishna V

Jun 12, 2018

This course gives an insight into systematic approaches to be followed for innovation . A must needed toolkit for anyone involved in innovation.

By Mozah

Dec 25, 2016

An excellent introduction to design thinking. The stories are great and the tools explained in the course are useful in many sectors of business

By Mayuresh P

May 22, 2019

Excellent course. It is very well paced and rightly explained. Good case study examples and various tools described. Thank you for the efforts.

By Tomasz O

Oct 01, 2019

I finished the course after 1year. I spent a year to introduce the process in my project and i'm more than happy from the results we achieved.

By Oscar R

Sep 24, 2018

Excellent course with very good examples of full scale success. Everybody should take it to open a new way for seeing things. Congratulations!

By Enrique M G

May 02, 2018

The use of examples and explanations from entrepreneaurs and its connections with the experiences and models from the authors were very useful

By maria c r n

Feb 13, 2016

One of the best courses I have taken from Coursera. The professor and the team involved in this course are great. Highly value added content.

By Jose J B

Nov 15, 2015

Me gustó mucho el curso pues es muy práctico, corto y se entiende claramente la metodología propuesta para lograr diseñar para la innovación.

By Paul C

Jun 06, 2019

I really loved this trip... I feel it help me to open my mind and reflect about some points of view that were out of my radar. Thanks a lot!

By Joseph P

Jul 18, 2018

Good course for me since I had never heard of Design Thinking before taking this course. Good coverage of all four tool and how to use them.

By Musarrat R

Dec 09, 2017

This is a very informative course. I gained new skills to problem solving. Would have preferred more elaborate notes. and more case studies.

By Pravin P

May 18, 2017

This course helped me understand that innovation needs methodological thinking. There is way to train our team and organization to innovate.

By ASHWIN U S

Nov 27, 2015

Wonderful Course. Got to learn a lot of new and interesting stuff. And interacted with quite a lot of intelligent and enthusiastic learners.

By Mark D

Apr 13, 2017

Excellent introduction to design thinking, and a great assessment task that applies the theory to a practical scenario. Highly recommended.

By Patrycja E S

Nov 29, 2015

Wonderful course! It was very interesting, well conducted, ideas presented in a way that's easy to understand. I definitely recommend it :)

By jackie c

Aug 13, 2017

Fantastic. The course is concise and gives applicable advice on how to use design thinking to address issues and create value for clients.

By Jessica F

Nov 14, 2018

Great course for professionals. Teach you how to think outside the box and the tools to achieve new ideas. You don't have to be a genius!

By Amit B

Nov 02, 2017

A very nice and curated introduction to the world and possibilities of Design Thinking. Loved the examples and structure of the course.

By Christian W

Oct 21, 2019

Very good introduction to Design Thinking approach and tools. Enjoyed the class very much and could apply the new knowledge in my work.

By parth d

Dec 11, 2017

Great course for the beginners who want to grow in every aspect of their life and understand & implement things in an innovative way .

By kuldeep

Jun 15, 2017

lots of ideas, lots of experiments with hypocrisy, collaboration and visulization(mind mapping).....its a realy a physic of innovation

By Joevil R

Dec 28, 2016

This course is very helpful in finding new ways how to be more creative and would give you a new perspective in thinking innovatively.