Back to Design Thinking for Innovation

Today innovation is everyone's business. Whether you are a manager in a global corporation, an entrepreneur starting up, in a government role, or a teacher in an elementary school, everyone is expected to get lean – to do better with less. And that is why we all need design thinking. At every level in every kind of organization, design thinking provides the tools you need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities that are there – you're just not seeing them yet. In this course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia and taught by top-ranked faculty, we provide an overview of design thinking and work with a model containing four key questions and several tools to help you understand design thinking as a problem solving approach. We also look at several stories from different organizations that used design thinking to uncover compelling solutions....

Aug 30, 2018

This is very good course for every body whatever your background, your education & your job role position. I highly recommend to get this training to change, gain & create your mindset for innovation.

SP
Aug 15, 2020

Excellent program to learn lots of tools towards Design Thinking !! Thanks a lot! Very interactive and the last activity of completing the assignment was very thought provoking !! thanks to all pears!

26 - 50 of 2,081 Reviews for Design Thinking for Innovation

By Jeff W

Dec 4, 2018

I thought that this course was brilliantly designed and very well structured in bringing voluminous and complex subjects to a level of comprehension and simplicity that was easy to consume, integrate and apply.

By Caroline C

Dec 3, 2018

Really good course, i did not had the chance of sending my project but i as a "watching student" i had the opportunity to learn and practice Design Thinking.

By John S

Jan 29, 2019

great presentations, connected with the professors, and appreciate sharing the concepts of design thinking at a professional yet humble manner. Thanks!

By A3 C

Feb 1, 2019

Great basis of knowledge about Design Thinking.

By Saba M

Jan 1, 2019

the most enjoyable thing to learn

By Marissa

Apr 23, 2020

I liked the very basic principles laid out in this course, but it really didn't seem to follow much of a structure or easy to digest pattern. Each lesson kind of hapharzadly introduced a lot of tools and ideas in slide shows, but sometimes they weren't presented until the example video was shown, and definitely not all of them were in the slides available, so I couldn't really go back and review unless I wanted to watch all videos again to find the exact spot something was mentioned. I didn't really know something was a key take-away until it just randomly was brought up again later in another session. And I still don't feel fully sure the exact ways to move forward. Even though it was an intro course, there should still be some direction.

By Marshall S

Aug 26, 2019

this is the 4th class i've taken that was issued through UVA Darden school and i really question anyone who's credentials come from this school. While the examples were fun to see, as a business consultant who has some exposure to design thinking, this class didnt touch on the process at all! I do not feel my knowledge and understanding is any better now than it was when i started.

By Xavi C

Nov 26, 2018

I'm very disappointed about this "course". It's not a course, it's a little briefing of Design Thinking.

No in mind learn something or work in it. Just some ideas.

Maybe they want to you enroll in master or buy their books. I don't know but good for know in start before you enroll.

Moreover, you cannot send you work if you don't pay. Certificate of participation is not posible.

By Leonardo A E M

Feb 2, 2019

well!

By 321910306007 g

Nov 24, 2020

we did not get any grades after submitting assignment

By Akshet P

Apr 16, 2020

Very bad course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By katherine B

Jul 12, 2020

los ejemplos no son entendibles

By Aayush S

Feb 26, 2020

Dry and Boring. Can be skipped.

By taekyu i

Dec 18, 2019

not good

By Gordon H B

Mar 31, 2020

If you have a little time during the pandemic between Zoom calls and disinfecting your door knobs, I'd love to recommend this Design Thinking certificate course by Jeanne Liedtka of UVA's Dardin School of Business. She has a very nice delivery and covers the concepts in interesting ways by utilizing guest speakers, as well as case studies and lectures. Even though I have been involved with Design Thinking for almost 10 years, I found her content well worth the time investment.

By Carter B

Oct 30, 2020

I truly enjoyed hearing from Professor Jeanne Liedtka throughout this course. I entered this course believing that because it was online, it would be boring and I would not learn anything, yet I am forever grateful that I was proven wrong. With these design thinking skills and tools I learned from this course in my possession, I know that I will be better equipped for when I enter the workforce, and honestly, I know I am better equipped for life.

By Thanit I

Feb 4, 2019

I have just finished the course. It is very informative and useful. Even after my completion, I am still coming back to look at the videos to revise what I have learned.

By Alexandra R

Sep 8, 2016

Great course!

By Jeffrey I

Feb 18, 2021

The final assignment's instructions weren't clear and weren't placed appropriate enough for me to understand what the criteria was in time to provide a compelling final project. Please move instructions into week 4 and not week 5. Very confusing and has affected my final grade.

By Joel S

Dec 8, 2020

Very good teacher and material. Only flaw: The assignment is a joke since your peers will most likely give you a passing score and dont even bother to read your reflection. Which downgrades the credibility of this course imo.

By Paul M

Sep 23, 2019

I'd like to see a lot more content and sequential assignments rather than just one at the end. Getting peer reviews was difficult and I would also appreciate at least one tutor review to add greater credibility to my score.

By Shashank J

Apr 9, 2020

Looks more theoretical.

Overall image seems outdated in terms of video quality.

slides along with running text sync with audio can be more appreciated.

Overall good learning.

By Erick A R A d l S

Jan 8, 2018

In the videos you should apply the visualization tool to explain ideas further, they are purely verbal and can get to be boring. There should be an assignment for each concept to fully understand the design thinking tools.

It is too vague ; The lack of interaction and assignments don't help.