Back to Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals by University of Virginia

Not so long ago, the job of product manager was about assessing market data, creating requirements, and managing the hand-off to sales/marketing. Maybe you’d talk to a customer somewhere in there and they’d tell you what features they wanted. But companies that manage product that way are dying. Being a product person today is a new game, and product managers are at the center of it. Today, particularly if your product is mostly digital, you might update it several times a day. Massive troves of data are available for making decisions and, at the same time, deep insights into customer motivation and experience are more important than ever. The job of the modern product manager is to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all the actors involved in product success. It’s not a simple job or an easy job, but it is a meaningful job where you’ll be learning all the time. This course will help you along your learning journey and prepare you with the skills and perspective you need to: Create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product (week 1) Focus your work using modern product management methods (week 2) Manage new products and explore new product ideas (week 3) Manage and amplify existing products (week 4) This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today's modern product management methods. This course was developed with the generous support of the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

RA
Feb 15, 2020

The course delievers a lot of knowledge, strategy and tools for product managers. You will finish the course with many ideas and tools to implement and have more success in your company. Great course!

LK
Jun 24, 2018

I enjoyed this course very much! This course helped me ground myself in some of the core principles of product management and I'm confident that I will take what I've learned and put it into practice.

176 - 200 of 822 Reviews for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

By Zhou S

Jan 29, 2018

Interesting concepts shared. Pracitical insights from industry practitioners. Finally understand how all the buzzword concepts link together. Course was well designed and the quizzes weren't easy! Thanks!

By Juan

Oct 21, 2018

Great course to have a large understanding of what product management is emphasising its interface role within the company. Highly recommend to people that want a hands-on course on Product Management.

By Rita A

Feb 16, 2020

By Joao G C G M B

May 19, 2019

I liked the course content, even though i do not work - yet - with product. It gave me a good overview of what to expect in the near future, when i expect to be able to put the knowledge into action.

By Mitko T

Nov 6, 2020

Very well structured course with a meaningful overview of methods and approaches to digital product management. I will certainly implement some if not all of what I learned in my own organization.

By Paolo V

Apr 26, 2020

Very informative and well structured. Alex is very knowledgeable and he is capable of transfer his experience into practicable real business examples. Well done guys, I enjoyed taking this course!

By Johannes B W

May 23, 2019

I'm totally a Newbie about Digital Product Management. I learn a lot of New Things. I hope this Certificate will advance my career. Thank you Professor Alex Cowan for teaching me a lot of things.

By Kiana B

Aug 22, 2020

The instructor was successful in explaining concepts, as if his listeners are at a basic level of background and understanding of digital product management, while doing it on a steady pacing.

By Christian G

Jan 9, 2019

A good start into the topic with practical tools as a guide though. In the beginning I was in doubt but shortly you get used to the teaching style. @ the end I loved it and can only recommand.

By Krishna K

May 2, 2020

A fantastic course and it takes you to the on the ground reality and the frameworks and concepts shared was amazing. One would get a solid basics in place and can hit the ground much faster.

By Shahrzad S

Jan 20, 2020

I work as a product manager and this course was very very useful to me.

It is concise, to-the-point and practical and also gives clues about the potential useful areas to further your studies.

By Mathieu R

Mar 10, 2020

I was looking into getting into PM, I think it s a great overview of the role with practical tools to keep in mind. Loved the course, will make more confident in my next role and interviews.

By Lauren J

Oct 19, 2020

Professor Cowan created a super-engaging class that effectively taught me Product 101. The tests were challenging, but not impossible, which made motivated me to study and think logically.

By Elizabeth A

Sep 14, 2020

the classes were flexible and the lecturer was very clear .There were enough real life experiences as spelt out by different guests to make for a well rounded experience.

thank you Coursera!

By Sharath B

Jun 4, 2020

This is a terrific course that gives a great outlook on what you need to do if you want to pursue Product Management. Alex is amazing to provide great insights by giving real-life examples.

By Cole V

Mar 23, 2020

Alex Cowan is a great host and facilitator of this product management course. I learned a lot that I can now apply to the products I manage and the new products that I will take to market!

By Eric D

Aug 14, 2020

The learning platform was really nice and the content was excellent. Alex Cowan explains things very well, and I learned a lot about the subject. Overall I am very happy with this class.

By Medha A

Jul 18, 2019

Great start for software product management roles. Gave a clear idea since ideation to launching of products. As PMs, it gives us a planned roadmap of how to approach product management.

By Shyamala P

Jul 30, 2017

Some of the questions during the test are too long. Please keep it little shorter. The content and especially the leanings from interviews with top PMs is the biggest takeaways for me..

By Jake

Nov 1, 2020

I thought this was excellent and good starting point for ideas. There are some definite themes that I found useful and cane apply immediately. Other ideas will need some more research.

By Parminder S

Apr 29, 2020

A great course to learn about the various tools and techniques available at the disposal of a modern Product manager to improve his/her work and create more value for the organization

By Sumon R

Mar 23, 2020

Really good perspective on modern product management with info on useful tools are techniques that are proven effective in successfully ideating,developing and delivering new products

By Victoria W

Jul 7, 2020

The course was GREAT! I thought Alex broke down the content and provided context against the tools he shared really well! I have learnt so much and can use these tools straight away!

By Galit L D

Jul 2, 2020

The course taught me a lot! From new concepts to best practices as product managers. Surely this is a necessary course for anyone who wants to develop a career in product management

By Marcelo C

Jul 24, 2020

I really enjoyed the course´s content and I have learned a great deal of PM. I hope to carry on and learn even more with the next modules. Congratulations to Sam. Great presenter.