Back to Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals by University of Virginia

Not so long ago, the job of product manager was about assessing market data, creating requirements, and managing the hand-off to sales/marketing. Maybe you’d talk to a customer somewhere in there and they’d tell you what features they wanted. But companies that manage product that way are dying. Being a product person today is a new game, and product managers are at the center of it. Today, particularly if your product is mostly digital, you might update it several times a day. Massive troves of data are available for making decisions and, at the same time, deep insights into customer motivation and experience are more important than ever. The job of the modern product manager is to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all the actors involved in product success. It’s not a simple job or an easy job, but it is a meaningful job where you’ll be learning all the time. This course will help you along your learning journey and prepare you with the skills and perspective you need to: Create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product (week 1) Focus your work using modern product management methods (week 2) Manage new products and explore new product ideas (week 3) Manage and amplify existing products (week 4) This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today's modern product management methods. This course was developed with the generous support of the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

LK

Jun 25, 2018

I enjoyed this course very much! This course helped me ground myself in some of the core principles of product management and I'm confident that I will take what I've learned and put it into practice.

RA

Feb 16, 2020

The course delievers a lot of knowledge, strategy and tools for product managers. You will finish the course with many ideas and tools to implement and have more success in your company. Great course!

226 - 250 of 766 Reviews for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

By Daniel R C

Aug 10, 2020

This course provided me much valuable information to my role as PM and help me to force some subjects that I already studied in others courses. 100% recommended

By Suresh N

Jun 06, 2020

Great learning on some product management topics. Alex was very clear in explaining the whole thing. Will definitely try to explore further and go deep in this

By Garima s

Jun 25, 2020

Its very goood for beginners in the field of digital product management because it taught us very basics which is very much needed for be a marketing student.

By Destinnie P

Aug 10, 2019

This course was full of useful information, tips, and tools that can be applied to product management. I will be using many of these skills in my new PM role.

By Likith R

It was really a good course which helped me increase my knowledge on the basics and hope it will help me further on in the upcoming years. Thank you so much!

By Priya R

Apr 28, 2020

Great coursework for getting started with the concepts of Product management. Clear and concise lecture material with information rich discussions sessions.

By Nastassja H

Dec 02, 2019

Really enjoyed this course and have recommended it to several others. Very practical advice and I appreciated the interviews with people in the 'real' world.

By Jonathan T

Nov 07, 2017

An excellent overview of the product management function with colored feedback from actual PMs across a variety of companies. I highly recommend this course!

By Sudipta D

Jul 06, 2020

A very good course and covers all the important aspects of product management . With this course I can cultivate a new way of practicing product management.

By Sriman K P

Apr 30, 2020

I learned the key terminologies, framework and mindset a product manger should have. The examples and the videos from product managers are very insightful.

By Ryan F

Nov 22, 2019

Very informative and easy to understand. I liked how Alex brought in professionals across multiple industries to share their experience and insights. -Ryan

By Jake E

Oct 11, 2018

Wow Incredibly comprehensive and actionable yet not to much time is required, clearly solid product management fundamentals were used creating this course

By Juan J O M

Jul 16, 2020

Excelente curso. Me ayudó mucho a entender el rol del PM en una empresa y de cómo usar herramientas en mi trabajo o en mis proyectos personales. Gracias!

By 19UCMA247

Aug 24, 2020

Very informative, the topics were made clear and the professor made it a point to brush up concepts from previous classes to help better understanding.

By Vatsal P V

Jun 25, 2020

A very well explained and detailed course. It helped me gaining the necessary skills for this field and prepared me for future endeavors in this field.

By Ian M

May 06, 2020

Well planned and executed the fundamentals of the course. It was really helpfull and I learned usefull tools and skills to my own career. Thanks a lot!

By Willie J B S

Sep 26, 2020

Great Course, Alex is a very good instructor and interview sessions with product managers offers very valuable insights and advise. Highly Recommended

By Steven T

Oct 06, 2020

As a current Product Manager at a software company, I found this course to be very helpful with a ton of great information to help me be a better PM!

By Alex W

Jul 28, 2020

Great introduction to the formal tools of product management. Very useful as someone who started a tech company, and does app development consulting.

By Renzil D

Jun 13, 2020

Great articulated course content. Im really happy that the high quality of resources provided were practical and will aid in my professional progress

By Nicolas A

Excellent course on Product Manager! Ideal for all who interact on a daily basis with the product team, or for those in a PM role wanting to upskill.

By Cai Y

Sep 05, 2020

This course gives a concise yet comprehensive view of modern approaches to digital product management. The guest sessions are particularly helpful!

By Vipin S

Jul 29, 2019

Yet another gem of a course from Darden. Digital Product Management, including comments from industry practitioners, was a pleasure to learn about.

By Rafael C

Mar 22, 2020

I really liked the way the course was provided. Easy to understand with a lot of useful information and real-live interviews with Product Managers

By Fabrice L

May 03, 2019

I was pleasantly surprised by how pragmatic and interesting this course was for Product Managers. I liked the most of the interviews and material.