Back to Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals by University of Virginia

Not so long ago, the job of product manager was about assessing market data, creating requirements, and managing the hand-off to sales/marketing. Maybe you’d talk to a customer somewhere in there and they’d tell you what features they wanted. But companies that manage product that way are dying. Being a product person today is a new game, and product managers are at the center of it. Today, particularly if your product is mostly digital, you might update it several times a day. Massive troves of data are available for making decisions and, at the same time, deep insights into customer motivation and experience are more important than ever. The job of the modern product manager is to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all the actors involved in product success. It’s not a simple job or an easy job, but it is a meaningful job where you’ll be learning all the time. This course will help you along your learning journey and prepare you with the skills and perspective you need to: Create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product (week 1) Focus your work using modern product management methods (week 2) Manage new products and explore new product ideas (week 3) Manage and amplify existing products (week 4) This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today's modern product management methods. This course was developed with the generous support of the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

LK

Jun 25, 2018

I enjoyed this course very much! This course helped me ground myself in some of the core principles of product management and I'm confident that I will take what I've learned and put it into practice.

RA

Feb 16, 2020

The course delievers a lot of knowledge, strategy and tools for product managers. You will finish the course with many ideas and tools to implement and have more success in your company. Great course!

176 - 200 of 777 Reviews for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

By Kiana B

Aug 22, 2020

The instructor was successful in explaining concepts, as if his listeners are at a basic level of background and understanding of digital product management, while doing it on a steady pacing.

By Christian G

Jan 09, 2019

A good start into the topic with practical tools as a guide though. In the beginning I was in doubt but shortly you get used to the teaching style. @ the end I loved it and can only recommand.

By Krishna K

May 02, 2020

A fantastic course and it takes you to the on the ground reality and the frameworks and concepts shared was amazing. One would get a solid basics in place and can hit the ground much faster.

By Shahrzad S

Jan 20, 2020

I work as a product manager and this course was very very useful to me.

It is concise, to-the-point and practical and also gives clues about the potential useful areas to further your studies.

By Mathieu R

Mar 10, 2020

I was looking into getting into PM, I think it s a great overview of the role with practical tools to keep in mind. Loved the course, will make more confident in my next role and interviews.

By Lauren J

Oct 19, 2020

Professor Cowan created a super-engaging class that effectively taught me Product 101. The tests were challenging, but not impossible, which made motivated me to study and think logically.

By Elizabeth A

Sep 14, 2020

the classes were flexible and the lecturer was very clear .There were enough real life experiences as spelt out by different guests to make for a well rounded experience.

thank you Coursera!

By Sharath B

Jun 04, 2020

This is a terrific course that gives a great outlook on what you need to do if you want to pursue Product Management. Alex is amazing to provide great insights by giving real-life examples.

By Cole V

Mar 23, 2020

Alex Cowan is a great host and facilitator of this product management course. I learned a lot that I can now apply to the products I manage and the new products that I will take to market!

By Eric D

Aug 14, 2020

The learning platform was really nice and the content was excellent. Alex Cowan explains things very well, and I learned a lot about the subject. Overall I am very happy with this class.

By Medha A

Jul 18, 2019

Great start for software product management roles. Gave a clear idea since ideation to launching of products. As PMs, it gives us a planned roadmap of how to approach product management.

By Shyamala P

Jul 30, 2017

Some of the questions during the test are too long. Please keep it little shorter. The content and especially the leanings from interviews with top PMs is the biggest takeaways for me..

By Parminder S

Apr 29, 2020

A great course to learn about the various tools and techniques available at the disposal of a modern Product manager to improve his/her work and create more value for the organization

By Sumon R

Mar 24, 2020

Really good perspective on modern product management with info on useful tools are techniques that are proven effective in successfully ideating,developing and delivering new products

By Victoria W

Jul 07, 2020

The course was GREAT! I thought Alex broke down the content and provided context against the tools he shared really well! I have learnt so much and can use these tools straight away!

By Galit L D

Jul 02, 2020

The course taught me a lot! From new concepts to best practices as product managers. Surely this is a necessary course for anyone who wants to develop a career in product management

By Marcelo C

Jul 24, 2020

I really enjoyed the course´s content and I have learned a great deal of PM. I hope to carry on and learn even more with the next modules. Congratulations to Sam. Great presenter.

By Shashi b

Nov 10, 2019

Excellent course, helped me know and revive the basis product management concepts. would prefer to enhance my product management knowledge using relevant courses in future as well.

By Gabriel T

Great Course! A lot of good ground covered throughout. Highly Recommended! The instructor brings a wealth of information to grow as a PM. Thank you Alex and University of Virginia

By Deborah K

May 10, 2019

Excellent course - great as a refresher of basic skills/knowledge and also as a intro/overview of current trends/areas with respect to data science and business models. Thank you!

By maria

Jul 01, 2019

Very useful, great examples and tools, interesting interviews with experienced professionals and a big list of tips to better manage innovation and product development. Worth it!

By Evgeny G

Nov 18, 2018

Great course which gave me a structured view on creation of new product and amplifying existing one. I discovered here a lot of practicable techniques and new ideas for my work.

By Andrey S

Sep 25, 2017

Probably the best introduction-level course on digital product management available online. Provide a lot of great insights in addition to a general overview of PM activities!

By Tom M

Nov 04, 2019

Great class. I learned so much about how Product Management works and how it fits within a corporation. I also learned new ideas on how to get my team to create user stories.

By Kamala K S

Feb 02, 2019

The course structure and the frameworks explained can be applied into practice immediately. I would recommend this course for both existing and future product managers alike.