Back to Agile Meets Design Thinking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Agile Meets Design Thinking by University of Virginia

Despite everyone's good intentions, hard work and solid ideas, too many teams end up creating products that no one wants, no one can use, and no one buys. But it doesn't have to be this way. Agile and design thinking offer a different--and effective--approach to product development, one that results in valuable solutions to meaningful problems. In this course, you’ll learn how to determine what's valuable to a user early in the process--to frontload value--by focusing your team on testable narratives about the user and creating a strong shared perspective. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 25 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122) This course is supported by the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

AA

Sep 09, 2020

I absolutely recommend this course for everyone who really wants to develop their skill or want to learn new skills. this amazing course will assist you to understand the user in a more strategic way.

TG

Oct 24, 2017

Rich and well-structured content about Agile and Design Thinking, shows how to approach and include personas that will somehow be touched by the solution being created, and deliver outcomes to them.

176 - 200 of 614 Reviews for Agile Meets Design Thinking

By Manuel C R d S J

Apr 10, 2019

Week 3 was harder than the other weeks, I had no design thinking background and designing a persona took me way more than 3 hours

By Catalina T P

Alex Cowan explica la materia de forma muy amena y cercana, el curso es muy interesante, ideal para profundizar en el mundo AGIL

By Makeda G

Mar 31, 2016

I'm learning so much.

So excited to share this process and these principles in education, in business and my personal pursuits!!

By Delicia R

Sep 13, 2020

This was a great class. Learned more than I expected. Who knew there was so much involved in writing a good user story. Thanks!

By José L P C

Jul 09, 2019

Excelente curso, me permitió aprender mas sobre la metodologia agil y la importancia en la generacion de valor para el cliente.

By Michael S

Jul 04, 2017

this was a really informative class. it helped me to think about things very differently than before. I highly recommend it.

By Mark T

May 22, 2016

Excellent introduction to Agile methods focusing on really understanding the customer through personas and problem statements.

By Fernando C J

Aug 12, 2020

Thank you for Alex, to teach us. He was a good mentor, I hope I have the time to take the rest of the specialization courses.

By Kevin T

Jun 24, 2017

This is a great course! I've reviewed the material over and over and over again, and I keep learning something new each time

By Martín H S

Really good course. Perfect way to introduct to agile methodology and then begin to develop personas and problem scenarios.

By Prashant S

Sep 28, 2019

Very well paced. Content and examples presented are excellent.

Lecture delivery by the host as well as guests is remarkable.

By Aleksandr

Mar 02, 2017

Practical part is significantly important after theory. I have never enjoyed training before, but this course is excellent.

By Pranav D

Feb 14, 2018

The course is delivered extremely well, the learning material is very good. Great course for learning the basics of agile!

By Andrew B

Jan 02, 2017

I really enjoyed it, having been a developer for a long time, it was interesting to see how the story card comes together

By Lucian T

Mar 02, 2017

It is an awesome course, a must have if you want to get the ideea how to develop and plan your software or design ideea.

By Carlos M L R

Sep 13, 2018

Examples and situations clearly detailed and transferable to one's working environment. I highly recommend this course.

By Keith T

Nov 27, 2017

Superb introduction to the subject. Really enjoyed it and I am implementing the strategies learned in our team at work.

By Moji A

May 20, 2018

The content and presentation are outstanding. Actionable material that I can apply right away with my team. Thank you.

By Motoo T

Dec 09, 2016

Excellent training, thanks a lot Alex.

Your teaching skills are really great and all the materials are really valuable.

By Shannon C K

Jul 12, 2018

Excellent overview of how Design thinking and Agile meet to accomplish the same goals of adding value for the custome

By Andrew P

Feb 29, 2016

I enjoy how focused and well presented lectures are. My second course from Univ of Virginia prepared in a superb way.

By Mateo T

Nov 19, 2018

Highly recommended. The instructor is very knowledgable and inspiring. He has also a practitioner-oriented approach.

By Felipe T

Jul 18, 2016

this course is attending my spectations,and it's helping me to make rigth some concepts I was doing in the worng way

By Sairam K

The course was comprehensive enough. I was able to relate the concepts to things happening at my current workplace.

By Anirban B

Nov 25, 2019

This is one of the finest courses in Coursera. It helped me to learn how personas are created and how they help in