Back to Agile Meets Design Thinking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Agile Meets Design Thinking by University of Virginia

Despite everyone's good intentions, hard work and solid ideas, too many teams end up creating products that no one wants, no one can use, and no one buys. But it doesn't have to be this way. Agile and design thinking offer a different--and effective--approach to product development, one that results in valuable solutions to meaningful problems. In this course, you’ll learn how to determine what's valuable to a user early in the process--to frontload value--by focusing your team on testable narratives about the user and creating a strong shared perspective. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 25 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122) This course is supported by the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

AA

Sep 09, 2020

I absolutely recommend this course for everyone who really wants to develop their skill or want to learn new skills. this amazing course will assist you to understand the user in a more strategic way.

TG

Oct 24, 2017

Rich and well-structured content about Agile and Design Thinking, shows how to approach and include personas that will somehow be touched by the solution being created, and deliver outcomes to them.

201 - 225 of 628 Reviews for Agile Meets Design Thinking

By Andrew P

Feb 29, 2016

I enjoy how focused and well presented lectures are. My second course from Univ of Virginia prepared in a superb way.

By Mateo T

Nov 19, 2018

Highly recommended. The instructor is very knowledgable and inspiring. He has also a practitioner-oriented approach.

By Felipe T

Jul 18, 2016

this course is attending my spectations,and it's helping me to make rigth some concepts I was doing in the worng way

By Sairam K

The course was comprehensive enough. I was able to relate the concepts to things happening at my current workplace.

By Anirban B

Nov 25, 2019

This is one of the finest courses in Coursera. It helped me to learn how personas are created and how they help in

By Xin D

Feb 27, 2016

This course bolstered my framework of project management. Thank you! Can't wait to apply this to my next project.

By Erick F N M

Aug 20, 2020

Great course and experience, everything was clean and clear with a story telling example, great and many thanks!

By Heonsub L

Dec 30, 2019

Great courses. It would be perfect if you give diverse example not only focusing on one or two business cases.

By Lesly V F p

Nov 28, 2018

for someone who didnt know anything about Agile, now I feel ready to start implementing Agile at work. Thanks!

By Kyle T

Feb 11, 2018

Teacher knew his stuff. Painted a full picture of how to START the Agile process. Great and insightful course.

By reza E

May 13, 2020

Thanks to Mr.Cowan and the great education methods of Coursera, this course was perfect and enjoyable to me.

By Claudia M d S

Sep 02, 2019

Great course, I have already done a design thinking training, but this course has enhanced my understanding.

By Vaibhav S

Apr 24, 2017

This is very well designed course, especially for a beginner who has never used Agile methodologies before.

By Paul Z

Aug 03, 2020

Comprehensive, well presented course. Video content was engaging and credible. Loving learning new skills!

By Paolo D P

Mar 16, 2020

Alex Cowan is a great teacher and the course provides many useful practical insights on Agile techniques.

By Matrat R

Jun 10, 2016

Loved it! Content is great and form perfect for a deep glimpse into Agile and Design thinking.

Thank you!

By Jake B

Oct 10, 2018

Great introduction to newcomers, but also fills in gaps very nicely for those who have seen this before.

By Edqar A

Apr 20, 2018

Great course with real examples and rich exercises makes me learn deep techniques and get the knowledge.

By Dana S

Feb 10, 2017

I only have read books on Agile. This course has been very valuable in the months since I have taken it.

By Thomas v H

Jan 28, 2020

Nice overview of core topics within Agile with a step by step practical approach to really get started.

By Emmanuelle M

Sep 27, 2018

I really enjoyed the course and learned valuable new skills which are transferrable to non-IT project.

By Silvia A

Aug 14, 2017

Excelente curso, me ayudó bastante a entender los conceptos básicos de Agile y entender el framework.

By Tao G

Jun 11, 2020

Really enjoy the course. It has perfect balance of theories and real life examples. I like the skids.

By Mark T

May 03, 2020

I really enjoyed Alex's delivery. Engaging and informed. It made it very easy to absorb the material.

By Kudria S V

Feb 23, 2020

For me, who works with requirements and user stories every day, this course is incredible. Thank you.