Back to Marketing Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Marketing Analytics by University of Virginia

Organizations large and small are inundated with data about consumer choices. But that wealth of information does not always translate into better decisions. Knowing how to interpret data is the challenge -- and marketers in particular are increasingly expected to use analytics to inform and justify their decisions. Marketing analytics enables marketers to measure, manage and analyze marketing performance to maximize its effectiveness and optimize return on investment (ROI). Beyond the obvious sales and lead generation applications, marketing analytics can offer profound insights into customer preferences and trends, which can be further utilized for future marketing and business decisions. This course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia, gives you the tools to measure brand and customer assets, understand regression analysis, and design experiments as a way to evaluate and optimize marketing campaigns. You'll leave the course with a solid understanding of how to use marketing analytics to predict outcomes and systematically allocate resources. You can follow my posts in Twitter, @rajkumarvenk, and on linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/education-marketing. Thanks, Raj Professor of Business Administration at Darden...

AG

Great course.Coursera provides wonderful opportunity for analytics learners through the course.Well designed course packed with assignments.Just Loved every lessons of the course.Thank you Coursera.☺

SW
May 7, 2020

This was a good and challenging course. It really gave me the basic foundations of marketing.\n\nIt challenged me to think and I enjoyed the projects that were incorporated to give hands on training.

1476 - 1500 of 1,521 Reviews for Marketing Analytics

By Angela P

Jun 11, 2019

The professor's joke about the vegetables and squashes are very bad jokes and becomes very annoying as the class goes one. The numbers are old and should be updated. The content is very light and the application exercises are not very applicable in real life. Peer-reviews are so subjective... But i learned a few things, so not all bad I guess

By Ana

Aug 17, 2020

The course introduction shows that the course is based on data analytics but you need to pass some weeks to get the analytic parts. it doesn't meet my requirements and not the same as was introduced. The contents different from the quiz and every try makes the quiz questions change. That mean I never know what the correct answer was.

By Hamesuda M

Apr 20, 2020

I feel like points the instructor talking are not well-organized. It's hard to follow and sometimes it's just full of reading (from what he already wrote down).

By Aliza

Sep 1, 2020

The principles I'm sure are highly useful, but it's poorly explained and hard to follow.

By András K

Apr 1, 2018

Typical university course: low level of practical understanding or usability.

By Bernard, P L P

Lecturer was not very clear and made the experience not as easy as it should

By Lidija Z

Jun 11, 2020

I dont dowloand my certificate complete please help me

By Shriti s

Jul 6, 2020

It could have been better with more important topics

By Jazl K

Sep 19, 2020

last week very bad class no proper explanations

By Ubald B

May 3, 2020

Was expecting more analytics content.

By Jaydip P

Sep 14, 2020

The course content is average.

By Rishi

Nov 11, 2015

Difficult to follow.

By Dhiman D

Jun 11, 2020

In short the instructor seems himself packed in a heavy dust of confusion. At the very onset, I vehemently took patience in listening to what he was saying. But gradually in the week#2 module I couldn't even grasped what the instructor actually tried to convey. I myself is an MBA and work in a prestigious Indian company and when it come to analytics, I believe it should be filled up with live examples, scenarios, assumptions and calculations. To my surprise, I found the faculty was nowhere close to such epitomes. Besides, his lecture deliverable seemed mostly reading the transcripts rather than explaining. If I've to take help from Youtube and Internet to understand the BAV model despite having a course from such a prestigious brand Coursera, then I think it's better to call the day off for good.

I was actually thinking to buy some of the courses, but now I've realized switching to other routes might be imminently prominent.

You guys are teaching about the propensity and effectiveness of various brands in this module. I hope you all do the homework for delivering the promises that you people are offering.

I'm disheartened and leaving the course mid-way. Hope Coursera team comes with concrete solutions for learners who aren't only for the certificates but also to garner knowledge.

Disappointed!

By Hrishikesh P

The course was overall taught very poorly by the instructor who seemed to be substandard. There were no proper explanations on how one proceed with the given formulae, lot of difficult terms used in the course throughout without bothering to explain what it meant. Not recommended for begineers, might be helpful for those who only want to revise.

By Mai-Anh V

Sep 16, 2020

As one of the fellow review have published, this course is not engaging because of the lecturer's accent, weak-structure lessons, lack of conclusions/key points for each lesson, the content is all over the place about one case study and irrelevant quiz. It's a waste of time for me

By Surendra M

Apr 22, 2020

That portion of CLV in week 3. I don't know how he calculated the 5 years CLV and then how he wrongly derives the formula of CLV for credit users. He himself told in the video that he is not good in maths, I didn't complete that course after that much confusion.

By Mostafa E A E

May 14, 2020

The content is very bad and there is a prolongation in the theoretical content. On the contrary, in the applied content a little jumps from important definitions besides he does not explain, but you feel that he is just a reader..a very bad course

By Rashi N

Jul 8, 2020

I haven't recieved my week 4 peer graded assignment grade yet and i am waiting for it from a month.

Please please please provide me with the grade so i can receive my certificate.

Please i request you to provide my grade it's been a month now.

By Mounika S

Nov 16, 2020

My course was completed in June but the grades are not assigned even till today Aug 17, 2020. I did reset my course timeline once and even now it's asking me to rest again.

The main problem is no customer support to assist during such issues.

By Mohamed W H

Jul 6, 2020

I am really desperate, it is a waste of time, training without explanations 1000 different terms for one thing, complication, disorder, inexplicit, not at all clear

it doesn't even deserve a star

By Victorino d O N

Apr 7, 2020

I quit . there are several problems The professor does not explain some points in the lecture, some of th the quizzes do not work properly.

By John L T

Sep 8, 2020

peer eval doesnt work and nobody checked my outputs... lost my interest after a few weeks since theres no progress on these concerns

By Marcello D F

May 9, 2020

Not very in depth. Half of the peer reviewed assignments I marked people had cheated on. Not suggested for Data Scientists.

By Abdullah

Aug 4, 2020

Some videos are not full in duration. The instructors Indian accent hurts my ear. He did mistakes in several points too.

By Wedrick A E

Jul 9, 2020

I can't understand some of the topics and has some very vague explanations. I also don't like how the quiz are phrased.