Back to Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content by University of Pennsylvania

Ever wondered why some things become popular, and other don't? Why some products become hits while others flop? Why some ideas take off while others languish? What are the key ideas behind viral marketing? This course explains how things catch on and helps you apply these ideas to be more effective at marketing your ideas, brands, or products. You'll learn how to make ideas stick, how to increase your influence, how to generate more word of mouth, and how to use the power of social networks to spread information and influence. Drawing on principles from his best-selling book, "Contagious: Why Things Catch On," Professor Jonah Berger illustrates successful strategies for you to use buzz to create virality so that your campaigns become more shareable on social media and elsewhere. By the end of this course, you'll have a better understanding of how to craft contagious content, build stickier messages, and get any product, idea, or behavior to catch on....

NR
Jul 25, 2020

Educational and eye opening, the instructor offered amazing content with examples and links to further look into the topics mentioned. A great tool to have for anyone in business, sales, or marketing.

VT
Apr 4, 2020

The course is very helpful and informative. I enjoy all the examples and materials of it. Totally recommend this course to people who want to further improve their influence as an effective marketer!

101 - 125 of 1,339 Reviews for Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content

By Fatima Z R

Sep 19, 2017

I highly recommend this course to students with interests in social marketing, consumer behaviour and researching online communities. Five stars to Professor Jonah Berger; his lectures ignited my curiosity to get his book "Contagious: Why Things Catch On" and it's now on my to-be-read list.

By Maria S

Apr 4, 2020

The professor explains everything in a way that is very easy to follow. He uses good visuals and speaks clearly and I feel as though I finished this course with very valuable information that I can apply to my career. I was able to finish this whole course in one day. Highly recommend.

By Faizzan M

Jan 17, 2020

As a digital Marketer & a content producer I found this course to be very effective. It refreshed a lot of ideas for me & identified the problems i was facing in creating viral campaigns. I would suggest others to take this course, It is going to help you in creating viral campaigns.

By J C

Mar 1, 2017

I HIGHLY recommend this course! Jonah Berger structured a very useful content in a way that's very easy to comprehend and memorize. His examples are simple but effective and help A LOT to understand how the mechanics of marketing work. Amazing. Thank you Both Coursera and Jonah!

By Burak Ü

Nov 16, 2019

It was such a great lesson with the concise explanations of the concepts. The teacher definitely broaden my vision about spreading contagious content through different strategies. The knowledge that I learned through this lesson will help me in my job and in the future as well.

By Aydan

Oct 21, 2019

This course is amazing! It contains all the information that you need; all the videos are accurate and provide you only the necessary useful material - no extra useless lectures. Huge thank you to the Professor for this valuable source of information! I absolutely recommend it!

By Mariana L

Sep 2, 2017

Loved this course! Learned to understand how things go viral. The professor made the course fun to watch by adding interesting videos and making each section less than 10 minutes. By doing that I was able to remain focused and actually learn!! Everyone should take this class!

By Uchenna N

Dec 9, 2015

This course provides material vital to the success of any marketing campaign. I learned what makes products and services more appealing to their target market, and how this information is shared. I recommend this course for any small business owner or marketing professional.

By Estela M

Oct 29, 2016

An extraordinary course that teaches clearly that is needed for our content to become viral. It's not luck thing is to apply what we learn in our company here. You're a beginner or not, here you will learn new techniques that worked to expand your brand. Highly recommended.

By Kate D

Feb 6, 2018

I participated in this course, I read his book and I'm in love. I love how easy he breaks down core concepts in marking and helps a student and business person like myself walk away with action items. I learned things I could use to improve my marketing strategy tomorrow!

By abhishek p s

Dec 31, 2016

It is an awesome course and has taught me a lot. It teaches as to why creating viral content is not a random phenomenon, but ha science behind it. It teaches creating sticky ideas, use of Networks, Marketing strategies and a lot more. All in all, it is a very nice course.

By Kevin H

Dec 21, 2016

I feel like I understand everything that's both annoyed me and provoked my interest about marketing and the things that spread through social media. Presented excellently with confidence in the research!

Very thankful for the wealth of information provided in this course!

By Juliesse M C

I really enjoyed this course. It is given that I learned a lot but what surprised me the most is how fun and enjoyable the lessons were. They weren't dragging. Jonah Berger is such a great speaker that I felt like I was just talking to a friend while learning from him.

By Lorraine S Y L

May 4, 2020

Professor Jonah Berger's lectures are very engaging, with good use of his tone of voice. The course material, examples and case studies are applicable to one's daily life hence, it'll be easier to recall and apply what we have learnt. Highly recommended course to take.

By Jenney S

Apr 17, 2020

Jonah Berger is engaging and funny whilst opening your eyes to situations and possibilities through stories. The course is a brilliant taster for the subject matter and makes you want to discover more of his work, like an angry panda whose cheese you've just rejected.

By Jasmine C

Apr 20, 2017

I love this course! There is a lot of useful information. He explains everything in a way that is simple and easy to understand. This course has valuable information that I'm sure will help me in the future when I try to market my products. I definitely recommend it!!

By GABRIELA N M

Jul 16, 2020

Conheci Jonah Berger a partir do livro Contágio, anos atrás. Adorei a experiência de poder rever alguns dos exemplos do livro e perceber como o material é altamente atual e muito importante para a realização de conteúdos que causem efeitos e emoções e tragam retorno.

By Md. A F K

Jun 20, 2020

Prof. Berger is an amazing teacher. This entire lecture was fascinating, intriguing and thought provoking at the same time. Myself being a lecturer of marketing will be able to teach my students much better with the examples and analogies I've learnt in this course.

By Ada T

Sep 7, 2019

A lot of this course is based on the topics Professor Berger spoke about in "Contagious". It was an interesting course and I think if applied in all marketing strategies, can be helpful in determining how successful a campaign could be. I enjoyed taking this course!

By marjorie f c

Apr 7, 2020

I enjoyed the course immensely. The lectures were both interesting and informative and I can honestly say that I have learned something new. I now have a set of tools and knowledge that I can apply to my work. The course has definitely met most of my objectives.

By Zannina A

Apr 11, 2020

Apart from the well structured classes and the great instructor what is most fascinating is that the key messages which are meant to be conveyed, effortlessly stick to your mind and you are finishing the course knowing that it felt great to enrol for this course.

By Barry S S

Jun 13, 2020

I loved it! Once I got started I couldn't stop learning. The lecturer knows how to get your attention with his captivating stories. A very practical way to get your ideas, messages, products and services to stick with customers and to trigger them into action.

By Rajvi S

Nov 17, 2018

It's really very innovative idea of sharing a thing like that....the idea of crafting a contagious content is just eye catching and interesting...and is really very helpful...and I enjoyed learning the science and psychology behind the popularity of a product!

By Vinitt J

Great content and i thoroughly enjoyed the course. The professor had an in-depth knowledge about the subject. However he should have mentioned this book "The Tipping Point" as many of the things has already been discussed by Malcolm Gladwell. Thanks anyways

By Abrar

Nov 9, 2017

Professor Berger makes every lesson so easy to understand. His clear and relevant examples behind each information is so contagious that it sticks to my brain even after finishing this wonderful course. The lessons got are priceless & I highly recommend it!