Back to Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content by University of Pennsylvania

Ever wondered why some things become popular, and other don't? Why some products become hits while others flop? Why some ideas take off while others languish? What are the key ideas behind viral marketing? This course explains how things catch on and helps you apply these ideas to be more effective at marketing your ideas, brands, or products. You'll learn how to make ideas stick, how to increase your influence, how to generate more word of mouth, and how to use the power of social networks to spread information and influence. Drawing on principles from his best-selling book, "Contagious: Why Things Catch On," Professor Jonah Berger illustrates successful strategies for you to use buzz to create virality so that your campaigns become more shareable on social media and elsewhere. By the end of this course, you'll have a better understanding of how to craft contagious content, build stickier messages, and get any product, idea, or behavior to catch on....

NR

Jul 26, 2020

Educational and eye opening, the instructor offered amazing content with examples and links to further look into the topics mentioned. A great tool to have for anyone in business, sales, or marketing.

RC

Dec 21, 2018

Pleasant tone, many tangible illustrations that bring the theory to life. Well-balanced pace. Could be complemented by a practical exercise - but perfect for working professionals who have less time.

1226 - 1250 of 1,268 Reviews for Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content

By Ana I C S

Jul 31, 2017

All in all it is a great course to find resources and get a general overview of how things catch on. I liked it as an introduction to the subject, but I do think that more excercises were in order to fully grasp the theory that was very well illustrated by examples in the videos, and actually learn how to craft the contagious content.

By Ivaylo Y

Dec 12, 2016

Nice course. What I like the most is that Berger combines his ideas about contagiousness and Heath brothers' ideas about ideas' stickiness (which he also doesin his book Contagiousness) with Social Network Analysis which is the logical next step - which ideas stick + which ideas get shared + what is the sharing infrastructure.

By Michaela K

Oct 04, 2016

The course was good but provided only a brief overview on the topic and if you want a certificate you have to pay Euro 85,00. The course includes only 2.5 hours of video lectures and there are no additional readings available. I did the whole course within one day. Don't know why this course should be that expensive!

By Chinmay N V

The inclusion of weekly assignments wherein the candidate is required to apply the weekly concepts learned in a case study/situation would have provided more value to the course; and also it would have given a chance to the learner to actually try and craft contagious content.

By Lyssa M

Nov 19, 2016

Very interesting material, presented by a consummate educator/performer. Not at all clear how to apply this interesting information, though. I think this course is missing at least 2 weeks of work that integrates the information and suggests practical pathways for use.

By Saloni R

Apr 20, 2020

While the course was interesting, I personally felt that the examples that were provided were not recent (actually quite dated). I really hope they update the course with more updated content to make it relevant and engaging for people enrolling.

By SWAP

Mar 03, 2017

Most things were what I already knew about since I have done my MSc Marketing but there were still some ideas/concepts that I hadn't learnt or not really focused on which were an eye opener. Thank you providing with this great opportunity.

By Lloyd M

Apr 24, 2020

It was a good course but I found it very redundant with his book, would have preferred if he built on and expanded on the ideas in Contagious. I also found it short, almost like a mini-course, about 5 hours to complete.

By Megan E

Feb 05, 2019

Great course, a great refresher for those needing a little assistance or motivation. Really happy I did the course, do wish there was less examples (videos/ads) and more content. Overall, good course.

By Kit A

Jan 26, 2016

The course content is interesting but it is way too short and so little content inside, a bit disappointing..... Nevertheless, thank you very much for creating this course. I enjoyed it.

By Frederik O

Dec 30, 2017

Interesting content with lively delivery. However, the course is extremely brief and certainly not worth 95 USD. I'd see more value in buying the professor's book.

By Vasundhara C

Jun 09, 2017

This was useful, I imagine I will have to take another course to supplement this basic information. I just wish the sound had been more audible.

By Jorge T R

Apr 21, 2019

Simple and easy. It's more like an introductory lecture, than a full course. But it's quite good. It's just I have missed more information.

By pm

Feb 05, 2019

Interesting information provided, however the last two weeks were more useful than the introductory weeks. Thanks and best wishes.

By Jose F A

Mar 31, 2017

Good insights and very interesting but doesn't go as deep as it's expected from a 4 week course. Still, I would recommend it.

By Joan C

Oct 11, 2017

Good general tips. Completed it in a week. Lectures are short so if you have the focus and time, do it in 1-2 days. :)

By Nella A

Nov 12, 2017

It was a good course. I just wish the quizzes/tests were more challenging and allowed us to put the skills to use.

By Elias

Apr 10, 2017

Very interesting content but more of a marketing for own books. Thanks nevertheless for the insightful course

By Adriana A J

Jan 23, 2018

It's very concrete information related to a particular book, but the ideas are simple and easy to understand

By Cristian T

Jun 26, 2017

It wasn't bad or good, I was hoping to learn more information but I will walk away with a few nuggets.

By Katarina

Dec 28, 2017

High quality content but unf. its too short to aquire an deeper insight into viral marketing.

By Vincent A G L

May 04, 2020

The foundations may still hold true but the references are really outdated.

By Prashant C

Aug 23, 2017

It's good course to know abouts basics of crafting contagious content..

By Nishant C

Aug 08, 2017

I would have liked more examples and ways to apply these learnings.

By Dissara U

Jun 08, 2020

Good for watching, but need more exercise.