Back to Customer Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Customer Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

Data about our browsing and buying patterns are everywhere. From credit card transactions and online shopping carts, to customer loyalty programs and user-generated ratings/reviews, there is a staggering amount of data that can be used to describe our past buying behaviors, predict future ones, and prescribe new ways to influence future purchasing decisions. In this course, four of Wharton’s top marketing professors will provide an overview of key areas of customer analytics: descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, and their application to real-world business practices including Amazon, Google, and Starbucks to name a few. This course provides an overview of the field of analytics so that you can make informed business decisions. It is an introduction to the theory of customer analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform customer analytics. Course Learning Outcomes: After completing the course learners will be able to... Describe the major methods of customer data collection used by companies and understand how this data can inform business decisions Describe the main tools used to predict customer behavior and identify the appropriate uses for each tool Communicate key ideas about customer analytics and how the field informs business decisions Communicate the history of customer analytics and latest best practices at top firms...

ND

Jan 31, 2019

Though I have worked on Customer Analytics with my previous work experiences and also on Surveys etc at George Brown College Canada, this module was more than insightful. Lots of learning to learn eh!

AA

Apr 06, 2017

Perfect Course for those who want to inquire insight and knowledge of how tons of data that we generate in our day to day life is being utilized by big organizations in optimizing their productivity.

176 - 200 of 1,906 Reviews for Customer Analytics

By Arnab C

As an engineer, stepping into the business world, it was quite a lot to grasp at the beginning. The tests also seemed a little harder than I expected, but the expert narration and course material got me through.

By Govind S

Oct 21, 2018

This is a very useful course for beginners, concepts are explained very nicely and at a very easy pace. The last week is used to explain the use of all those concepts and gives examples from day to day business.

By Rio H D

Jun 28, 2020

I learned a lot from this course especially in understanding the right thinking and process of using customer analytics. I also learned a lot of practical examples on where customer analytics are being applied.

By Jose M

Aug 21, 2016

Really Good course. Lecturers are brilliant explaining the concepts via samples which everybody can understand. You may need to have a little bit of statistic knowledge but it is not essential to do the course.

By Vanessa N

Jul 01, 2020

The wording and focal points of the questions on the quizzes are a little unusual and the course has room to survey more, but it provides extremely valuable information if you are new to this area of business.

By Okulov A

Jul 03, 2018

This course helped me to acquire general knowledge and the basics of customer analytics. I am very grateful to the lecturers of this course for the very accessible and interesting presentation of the material!

By Mark H

Sep 22, 2017

Great course. Engaging professors and real world content. I will apply concepts here to our Goodwill Industries of KY operation. We have a large retail presence and loads of data to study. Thank you - Mark

By Swetha J

Nov 10, 2018

Excellent course on customer analytics. The concepts and methodology to approach the customer analytics were explained in a very lucid and easily understandable manner. A BIG thank you for a wonderful course.

By Ameley B

Jun 25, 2020

Some of the quizzes were very challenging. I learned a great deal from this course. This being the first f 5 courses in the Business Analytics specification, I am looking forward to learning the next course.

By Nurul H I

Content is easy to follow. Lecturers are not boring. They are very passionate and delivering the lectures in distinctive ways that manage to capture my attention. Appropriate range of resources are provided.

By Orlando C

Dec 11, 2017

Helpful for anyone currently in or seeking to enter marketing or product development as a profession. This course demonstrates skills useful for developing an analytical mindset around customer centricity.

By Kiet F

Dec 09, 2016

The professors deliver the content of the course in an easily consumable fashion. They provide real world examples of customer analytics. I truly benefited from this course and from the insights presented.

By Anton W

Mar 05, 2016

Great overview of the marketing analytics field, delivered by top lecturers from the academy. It helps extend understanding on the principles of descriptive, predictive, prescriptive and their application.

By WEYINMI K A

Dec 15, 2015

This was a eye opener for me. I can now make good sense of big data. I highly recommend this course. The value of the knowledge gained is mind-blowing and more resourceful than imagined. Thanks Coursera :)

By Samuel G

Mar 30, 2018

It's absolutely relevant to the real world problems and situations. The lecturer delivered the materials, which are also arranged properly, perfectly in terms of timing and conciseness. Very up-to-date.

By Francisco A O A

Mar 07, 2016

Excellent couse on "Customer Analytics", my first ever. Excellent teaching quality and the video-lectures are with the Wharton stamp. I am excited to complete the "Business Analytics Specialization".

By Portia T J

Feb 03, 2020

The course is very good. I have learned a lot from the course. A lot of interesting topics and help me to under the marketing. I will for sure continue learning more courses from this specialization.

By Andressa G

Sep 15, 2019

The course is very useful and opened a whole new set of interests for me. I'll keep learning and digging into customer analytics for sure, I can see it's a very valuable set of skills and knowledge.

By TEJAS N J

Aug 18, 2019

This was my first course on coursera and i think it was definitely worth spending time. This was my first step towards analytics and this course has helped me gain insights about customer analytics.

By Prateek K

Feb 06, 2019

Provides very good overview and understanding of cutomer analytics, how to collect data, measure, predict outcomes and what techniques to use in different scenarios. Highly recommend for beginners.

By saurabh

Oct 16, 2017

This course is designed with highly skilled faculties. The way they explains carry a lot of meaning in small format. One may easily understand without having any prior knowledge of this whole area.

By Justin S

Dec 05, 2016

Fantastic course. The instructors were great, the real world examples were very interesting, and the course materials were relevant to the daily tasks I face as a Data & Customer Insights Analyst.

By Bhaskar

Mar 11, 2016

Immensely informative and sets up the context for Customer Analytics. Its a privilege to get industry experience by Peter Fader and Eric Bradlow (especially on Marketing Analytics and BTYD model).

By cody

Feb 12, 2016

A fantastic course to start wading into making sense of data and people. Would love to see some more exposure to the processes and approaches (CLV) at a deeper level, but outstanding non the less.

By Emmanuel H A

Dec 20, 2019

This course has widened my understanding of customer analytics and the significant role it plays in modern business establishments. Thanks to the UPenn team and Coursera for making this possible.