Back to Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity by University of Pennsylvania

How does a good idea become a viable business opportunity? What is entrepreneurship and who fits the profile of an entrepreneur? This introductory course is designed to introduce you to the foundational concepts of entrepreneurship, including the definition of entrepreneurship, the profile of the entrepreneur, the difference between entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial management, and the role of venture creation in society. You’ll explore where technology entrepreneurship and impact entrepreneurship align and where they diverge, and you’ll learn proven techniques for identifying the opportunity, assessing the opportunity, hypothesis testing and creating a prototype. By the end of this course, you’ll know how to test, validate and prototype your idea, and also whether or not you fit the profile of an entrepreneur! You’ll also be ready to move on to the next phase of entrepreneurship in Entrepreneurship 2: Launching the Start-Up....

AG
May 4, 2017

'Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity' made me believe that i had all that one should know before starting up. I would recommend this course to all those looking to build the next big thing.

GG
Dec 3, 2018

Even as I had started with a fragmented idea about entrepreneurship, this course kind of helped to articulate and build a structure of thought process around it. Looking forward for the courses ahead.

101 - 125 of 707 Reviews for Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity

By Federico B

Mar 30, 2019

Nice insight, despite having had entrepreneurship and business knowledge, this course is giving me a lot of material to work with for now and the future. Hope it will keep up the high standards

By sharon t f

Apr 29, 2020

I liked the course but would have taken a different approach to identifying opportunities in the service sector. The methodology was forced fit to cover services, but it didn't really fit.

By Kandy S

May 12, 2020

This course was an excellent introduction to finding my ideas were viable. I thoroughly enjoyed the content and the real life examples were extremely helpful. Higher recommend this course!

By Fritha J

May 28, 2017

Well prepared information, lessons and resources. Panel of experts - a team approach to articulating the course. Each bringing their own skills and experiences making it more personable.

By Focus P

Sep 12, 2016

The material was very informative and instructors where also very spot on with their presentation. I enjoyed the course very much and look forward to other courses in this specialization.

By Hue N

Jun 8, 2020

Great course that's taught by actual entrepreneurs about the basic of starting a business. As an aspiring entrepreneur myself, this provided me with a lot of actual real-world wisdom.

By Dady d M M

Jul 27, 2020

It was so amazing, I am so happy that I completed this course. Thanks for everything, It could be so helpful to write modules and our grades also on the certificate. Thanks so much

By Lyubomir H

Feb 10, 2016

This course is simply amazing. It is well-thought, practical, and insightful! I`m amazed of how an introductory course on a specific topic can inspire and motivate oneself so much!

By Itay H

Jun 21, 2020

The content is profound, deep, and encouraging. It is refreshing to draw knowledge from such well-established thinkers. Inspiring and uplifting course for any young entrepreneur.

By Raghav S

Apr 30, 2020

It was a great experience to learn from Wharton's Esteemed Professors and explore the opportunity, risk, management and more in building a start-up or working as an Entrepreneur.

By Luis A G A

Nov 4, 2016

A course that clearly illustrate how to approach a business opportunity with tools that can help you to reduce some risks and uncertainties that can appear in this venture path.

By Alexandra L

Oct 26, 2020

I learned a tremendous amount of information that I will apply to my new and upcoming business. I really enjoy all my teachers. I am very excited to start course two, "Launch".

By Claude Z

Jan 15, 2018

Sufficient learning materials and comprehensive knowledge points. I can feel the very decent efforts you've put in this session! Really, really great! So late to have this lol

By Minglu W

Jan 21, 2017

Give an excellent introduction on entrepreneurship. The first chapter might be a little ambiguous, but the later chapters are really helpful on understanding entrepreneurship.

By Sunil S

Jul 4, 2016

One of the best course available on coursera, the course has clearly helped me achieve my objective. Thanks to the excellent faculty, wouldn't have been possible without them.

By Mihaela S

Jul 7, 2020

Content is very easy to understand and follow. Power Point Presentations really comprehensive.

Maybe some tasks can be included throughout the course for a bit of practicing.

By Nenchinmwa M D

Jun 8, 2020

I’m really happy and proud to have been a part of this and I definitely would continue through the other stages. The program is very easy to understand and it is inspiring

By Jose A P

Mar 1, 2016

This is an excellent course. It prepares you with everything you need in order to learn how to develope a business opportunity just from the idea.

I do recommend it 100%.

By John P M

Oct 31, 2020

Thank you Wharton for this opportunity in learning the basics of Entrepreneurship. I loved the online sessions. Will definitely enroll to the next specialized courses.

By Muhammad S H

Jul 2, 2017

Very helpful in understanding the process of developing the opportunity, I am sure this will save me a lot of time and efforts in my business opportunity exploration.

By Dapo I

Sep 22, 2017

An excellently conceived and excellently delivered course. Very useful, engaging and practical. Thumbs up all round! Thank you for brilliant tools, ideas and guides.

By Cesar K

Apr 3, 2020

Module based on real facts. Professors with experience as entrepreneurs. Content Delivered in Logic order. This is simply what i was looking for. Thanks to wharton.

By Kelli L

Apr 1, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. It stretched me to think beyond my scope and I'm looking forward to commencing further modules in the Entrepreneurship Specialisation.

By This G O H

Nov 24, 2018

This course gave me a better idea for what to do when starting a startup. It really grounds me and shows me what I could do for my product to make it successful.

By Oleksandr Bushkovskyi

Jun 6, 2019

It was amazing experience! I feel that now I have much better understanding of tools and approaches that can increase my chance of success in starting business.