Back to Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling by University of Pennsylvania

How can you put data to work for you? Specifically, how can numbers in a spreadsheet tell us about present and past business activities, and how can we use them to forecast the future? The answer is in building quantitative models, and this course is designed to help you understand the fundamentals of this critical, foundational, business skill. Through a series of short lectures, demonstrations, and assignments, you’ll learn the key ideas and process of quantitative modeling so that you can begin to create your own models for your own business or enterprise. By the end of this course, you will have seen a variety of practical commonly used quantitative models as well as the building blocks that will allow you to start structuring your own models. These building blocks will be put to use in the other courses in this Specialization....

AP

Jun 16, 2019

Very clear and articulate explanation of the concepts. He doesn't skip a step in the sequencing ideas, drawing comparisons and differences, and illustrating both visually and story-telling. Excellent.

NC

Jul 31, 2019

Very nice course for beginner, the mathematic level is not high (around french baccalaureat) so available to everyone. I enjoyed a lot this course that show how simple math can be used in real life.

776 - 786 of 786 Reviews for Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling

By Panagiotis F

Oct 25, 2016

A first year undergraduate student can pass this

By Savannah B

Jul 01, 2018

If you have taken a statistics course in the past, this course is not super useful besides understanding which models are used for specific business problems.

By Leah M

Mar 31, 2018

Explanations not clear. Difficult to follow equations in slides (variables and equations are not repeated from slide to slide).

By pierre r

Feb 27, 2019

bof, pas assez concret pour mon travail

By Winthrop Y

Mar 05, 2016

Locked quizzes :(

By xiaoyan y

Apr 24, 2018

boring, it doesn't like other quants course.

By Matheus V

Jul 11, 2017

I thought that course was more specific. I will expect more applications examples.

By Alex B

Mar 06, 2016

The course is poor. Exams are too easy, video lessons are boring and not engaging. Content is poor too. Did not like the course.

By Daniel M

Jun 29, 2017

it was trivial

By Rob B

May 12, 2016

I do not intend this to be mean, but I could not listen to Richard Waterman. I am British and I understand that Richard was born in the UK but spent a great many years in the US. If he had a BritiI really struggled to listen to him as his accent crosses the Atlantic several times a sentence. I found I couldn't listen to WHAT he was saying because I was so distracted by HOW he was saying it. I am sorry, there is probably nothing that he can do about it and the course looked very interesting but I simply could not bring myself to continue.

By Shaina K

Nov 30, 2017

It's too easy ... I can learn this on google.