Back to What is Data Science?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is Data Science? by IBM

The art of uncovering the insights and trends in data has been around since ancient times. The ancient Egyptians used census data to increase efficiency in tax collection and they accurately predicted the flooding of the Nile river every year. Since then, people working in data science have carved out a unique and distinct field for the work they do. This field is data science. In this course, we will meet some data science practitioners and we will get an overview of what data science is today....

BB
Feb 21, 2019

Excellent quality content! It's a great introductory course that really gets you interested in Data Science. I would highly recommend it to anyone curious in learning about what Data Science is about.

KK
Feb 23, 2020

Terrific introduction to the Data Science course. Never expected but was extremely excited with the quality of content, speakers and a very honest attempt to making this course interesting.\n\nKrishna

8376 - 8400 of 8,476 Reviews for What is Data Science?

By Shyam S

Aug 7, 2019

poorly organized weak content. This course has a extremely light workload that can be finished in a couple of hours. Looks stupid to lock the students from taking the assignments for 2 weeks.

By Zeyad K Q

I have completed this course and got the certificate ad teh badges , and now showing me it never been taken ...! Could any one fix this that and add the course back to my learning path ...!

By Darshan K S

Nov 22, 2019

Its looks more like an interview than a course. Many people talking. I feel like instead of learning i am hearing to varied views and get confused. I can search in google for peoples views.

By Miguel

Oct 4, 2020

Curso de pocas horas que simplemente te da una definición de ciertos conceptos básicos.

Esperaba más por la calificación media del curso, la estimación de la duración y por el Instructor.

By Tammy N

Feb 20, 2020

If you are not familiar with any topic or wording in data science then this is the course for you. Unfortunately, there was no real technical learning about data science in this course.

By Gabriella A

May 3, 2021

a lot of unnecessary information that you can read in a magazine, the hype of data science and scientist...3 weeks for a 1hr top worth of useful learning, it feels like it's a joke

By Aleksei

Oct 29, 2020

Прошел первый блок (типа 1 неделя) за час. Начал второй блок... Там всё те же короткие видосики.

Кто-то реально думает, что такие "задания" помогут работать DS?

Отписываюсь...

By Mason P

Apr 3, 2019

This is hands down the worst course on data sciences I've ever seen. StatQuest with Josh Starmer's youtube channel is a way better use of time. As is any economics textbook.

By Chadi J

Mar 16, 2020

lots of information that are not well explained for beginners in Data Science.

I also tried to drop the course but could not do it, as no help is provided for such action!!!

By Головатенко В В

Jan 20, 2020

Quite useless course. It goes around the topic of data science but gives no skills on it. Hope next courses in specialization are going to be more specific and hands-on

By Elvijs M

Apr 17, 2020

Not sure why this is a course. You get the same level of introduction from youtube videos, which of course are free. This should have been a "week" in a later course.

By Christopher R

Oct 26, 2020

This course is worthless in using any type of Data Science in the real world. This is just a history lesson and does not help develop skills. Do not waste your time.

By Palmer S

Jan 18, 2020

I thought most of it was a waste of time. I didn't learn much from the readings, and I thought all of the quizzes and in-video questions were redundant and useless.

By Radhika R

May 21, 2019

was unable to claim by badge due to email issue while creating acclaim account. It is being displayed that my account was already taken, hope u go through my issue

By Sarvani R

Jan 20, 2020

This course and the whole specialization track is available for free on cognitive class.. And the badge issued by cognitive class doesn't say powered by coursera

By Cynthia B

Jun 10, 2020

This course was horrid. What a total waste of my money. I learned absolutely nothing. It was nothing like the course description. I feel totally ripped off.

By Sebastian K

Feb 26, 2020

Complete waste of time unless you've lived under a rock for the last 10 years and never even heard the words data and science mentioned in the same sentence.

By Soha S

Jun 23, 2020

I see one week as an introduction is enough, but spending the 3 weeks in that no need details - as concept is considered already in mind - was so unhelpful.

By Paul C

Nov 28, 2020

Pretty worthless. A bunch of introductory information that is meaningless without any data science background. I can't say I learned anything meaningful.

By Omar A

Jul 8, 2019

Extremly basic and recovers ground repeatidly with fairly generic discussion. I understand it tries to set the scene but not worth 3 weeks of your time.

By Ashlee S

Aug 24, 2020

I finished this course months ago and now its incomplete. I am angry that I possibly have to retake it again especially when I just finished.

By Diego H

Jan 26, 2021

This is a compilation of personal opinions about Data Science. Nothing that you can not find on youtube. This is not a course. Waste of time

By Susanta N

Mar 1, 2021

This course was a pure not technical. May be suitable for sales people or for managers. But as a developer, it was a total wastage of time.

By George K

Apr 19, 2021

It feels like this course was auto-generated. No useful information, only evangelizing the topic. The referenced book is from 5 years ago.

By Tianyi L

Aug 21, 2019

This first class is Coursera's TRICK to issue me a certificate so user's can not cancel for free. I consider this move very sneaky.