Back to Build Wireframes and Low-Fidelity Prototypes

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Build Wireframes and Low-Fidelity Prototypes by Google

Build Wireframes and Low-Fidelity Prototypes is the third course in a certificate program that will equip you with the skills you need to apply to entry-level jobs in user experience (UX) design. In this course, you’ll continue to design a mobile app for your professional UX portfolio. You’ll start by creating storyboards and getting familiar with the basics of drawing. Then, you'll create paper wireframes and digital wireframes using the design tool Figma. You’ll also create a paper prototype and a digital low-fidelity prototype in Figma. Current UX designers and researchers at Google will serve as your instructors, and you will complete hands-on activities that simulate real-world UX design scenarios. Learners who complete the seven courses in this certificate program should be equipped to apply for entry-level jobs as UX designers. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Develop a goal statement. - Create two types of storyboards: big picture and close-up. - Understand the difference between low-fidelity and high-fidelity design. - Apply the basics of drawing. - Apply the principles of information architecture to organize a mobile app. - Create paper wireframes for a mobile app design. - Develop digital wireframes in the design tool Figma. - Build a paper prototype to add interactivity to designs. - Design a low-fidelity prototype in Figma. - Recognize implicit bias and deceptive patterns in design. - Continue to design a mobile app to include in your professional portfolio. To be successful in this course, you should complete the previous two courses in this certificate program, or have an ability to conduct user research to inform the creation of empathy maps, personas, user stories, user journey maps, problem statements, and value propositions. You will also need paper and a pen or pencil....

RS
Mar 23, 2021

A really great, and very digestible course teaches you how to build wireframes and loft prototypes. Learning about Figma in this course really sets you up for success when looking for a job.

SB
Jun 2, 2021

Great course!!! I feel very comfortable as a beginner in FIgma and can't wait to learn more in this tool. The paper wireframes and prototypes really have me feeling like a UX designer!!

1 - 25 of 138 Reviews for Build Wireframes and Low-Fidelity Prototypes

By Daphne M

Jun 17, 2021

I was most excited about the content of this course, and it indeed covered really interesting topics. I also felt like I was finally transitioning from the theory and research into the core of the design process. That said, I was disappointed by how little the course elaborated on information architecture, best practices of inclusive design (for example, how big should buttons be? How far should elements be from each other to provide a positive user experience for users with motor disabilities?), and on how to best use Figma. The course only briefly touched on some of these topics, which I think are extremely critical. Additionally, some of the concepts weren't explained in a totally clear way in the course itself (and were much clearer in the recommended readings). Overall, I was most excited about this course, the material was really interesting, and I certainly feel like I learned new skills. But this course wasn't as robust or all-inclusive as the previous two courses in the certificate program. I personally feel like it should have been at least as long as the previous two courses, and not shorter, as there's more information that truly should have been covered.

By Tammie K

May 5, 2021

The IA part is a bit vague

By Ashfaaq I

Jul 1, 2021

The Team at Google have very nicely laid out this course for beginners with detailed steps from starting with our very first paper wireframe all the way to building a digital Lo-fi Prototype, all the while keeping it as fun and involved as possible. Definitely would suggest UX Design Aspirants to take up this certification.

I would like to add that the course skipped on important sections like the Information Architecture and giving out different design rules to be followed while prototyping. These would definitely stream line a designers thought process to better deliver their design that are business effective.

By Jeremy B

Mar 24, 2021

I've been hearing about Figma for a while, but hadn't really messed with it until now. I've seen it on a lot of job postings, so I'm excited this course gave me experience with it! The paper wireframes were fun to make. I've read about them before, but always went straight to online tools instead. It's nice to be able to unplug and still do UX :).

By Alice Y

Mar 10, 2021

This course really teaches you how to make your design come to life. This is a great way to test out the design and the usability. When you can interact with a flow(Instead of it sitting flat on a screen), you really start to notice all the jarring interactions. Research participants feel very comfortable when it's tangible too.

By Lisa D L

Mar 24, 2021

I recommend this course! At the end, you will have the skills and knowledge to build wireframes and prototypes. The clear, step-by-step instruction on using Figma is second to none, easy to understand, and fun! If you're on the fence about taking this course, don't hesitate.

By Jackson B

Mar 24, 2021

I feel like I really excelled at wireframing once I understood how to do it. I appreciate how much detail the course gives, and the ability to practice things multiple times. Building these assets and undwerstanding how all the parts of my design fit together is really cool.

By Alyona M

Mar 22, 2021

I particularly enjoyed this part of professional certification. Especially the part about dark patterns. I feel like Google not only educates me but also makes me a better person...ethically. There's a deeper than just mastering professional skills context.

By Ravi S

By Jaquan L

Mar 24, 2021

This course went in-depth with the technical side of UX design. You're able to get hands on experience with building designs which is really exciting!

By Amir H B M

Mar 27, 2021

Great Course Great Instructors learned so much around paper and digital wireframes and also learned a lot about Figma!

By Hoi D

Mar 24, 2021

I like getting opportunities to engage with others learning about UX design. There was a lot of activities too

By Dacian L

Apr 16, 2021

Interesting, full of info, bit abstract at times - lots of out-course activity to learn Figma. Great overall!

By Mark R

Jun 25, 2021

I​ thought overall the course was okay but could have better if there was more feedback from the Course Instructor.

By Matt M

May 20, 2021

This course is where bringing an idea to life through wireframes and lo-fi prototypes occurs. The course provides an easy-to-follow structure with clear instruction, as well as some optional tutorials for the Figma design tool. Having previously completed courses 1 and 2, course 3 really cemented the reasoning for following the design process without skipping steps.

By Carla O

Jul 5, 2021

Overall, great course. Sometimes it's unclear whether you're working on the scenario created for the class, or the portfolio project, but with this many participants it's not as if you can easily field all those questions. The supplemental material is worth bookmarking.

By Yannis M

Jul 27, 2021

This course was an excellent introduction to storyboards, wireframes and low-fidelity prototypes. Instructional material was easy to follow and full of useful tips and applied practices! The Figma tutorial was great for getting started with a solid foundation.

By Erik R

Jun 23, 2021

This third part of the certificate was very easy to understand and to practice, the instructor was clear all the time and so the explanations. I only think it was too shoort compared to the other coursers but its all on us to keep practicing as much as we can.

By Fernanda G G

Jun 28, 2021

Prototyping, prototyping, prototyping, is probably the most fundamental aspect of a UX Designer, if you can prototype it you can develop it. I would love to see more tools and methods for remote prototyping and testing!

By Danitza C

Jul 16, 2021

l​earning how to creat low profile prototype, is the best I love to keep design and work thinking about the flow of the user on the product that I am designing, grat program esay but still need more practice

By Zully M

Jul 19, 2021

Disfruté mucho el curso. Logré aprender como funcionan los wireframes y los prototipos de baja fidelidad. Como elaborar un prototipo con base en el research y la persona del curso anterior.

By Sheryl B

Jun 2, 2021

By ARITRO K S

May 21, 2021

The course was great, with detailed explanation and a lot of examples. The assessments and quizzes were very helpful. My experience with this course was really awesome.

By Peculiar E

Apr 8, 2021

I loved the 'Deceptive Patterns' part of the course the most. Generally, I like that concepts are introduced step by step. The content is not in any way overwhelming!

By Pragya G

Jun 29, 2021

Great course with a packed learning agenda from storyboards to wireframes to lo-fi prototyping. I really learnt a lot of useful insights and skills from this course!