Back to Consonants of American English Pronunciation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Consonants of American English Pronunciation by University of California, Irvine

In this first course of The Pronunciation of American English specialization, you will learn and practice all of the consonant sounds of American English, including some pairs of consonants that are especially tricky. Each week you will receive practical advice from successful English learners and practice an effective technique called shadowing to improve your pronunciation of consonant sounds. You will also have opportunities to record yourself and to respond to the recordings of other learners. Only learners who pay for the course will be able to take the graded quizzes or submit assignments for feedback. The free version provides access to the lectures and practice activities only....

RP

Dec 8, 2020

I enjoyed the class very much! It has given me extensive review of consonant sounds of English and challenged me to hone my fluency through shadowing exercises. Thank you so much Professors!

JD

Jan 19, 2021

The course strengthen the pronunciation skills that is a good start prior getting in the USA.

Congratulations to have professionals Instructors on board.

Cheers,

John Paco Dradria

26 - 50 of 206 Reviews for Consonants of American English Pronunciation

By To E

Jan 30, 2021

I think it's a great opportunity to learn this course. Apart from the speaking skills in American English accent, you would get a listening skill too. And you will understand it totally that why people kept saying those word in that way. Moreover, you will speak more like a native. The most important thing is to persevere and be punctual. GOODLUCK

By Fabiana R d R

May 10, 2021

The course is great! The material is well developed, clear and the pdfs have a LOT of important information. Even for those who had never seen phonetics and phonology before, the course will be understandable. For those who wants practice and continuous learning, the course is very good as well.

By Deborah T C

Feb 18, 2021

I would like to say that taking this course was an excellent learning experience. The course is very well organized, the videos are very clear and the exercises are very well devised. It is my intention to go on to the course, Vowels of American English Pronunciation.

By Ariane C S

Feb 12, 2021

I can say that this was a fun and helpful course. My English is Intermediate, but I still have some things that I need to work on in my pronunciation, so, even though I think I just learned so many things. Thank you to the staff and team. You guys were the best.

By Nestor S R D

Feb 25, 2021

I really loved this course, because I've learn too much, I've learn the difference between many words that I even don't knew, I've improve my english pronunciation and I always be thankful with Coursera and UCI, you all are really great Teachers and plattform.

By Md H R

Jan 23, 2021

I am really happy to have completed this course successfully, Many thanks to the coursera authorities and the creators of the course who worked tirelessly to create this course. Through this painstaking course was able to learn American English Pronunciation,

By Miriam L

Dec 18, 2020

During this course I learned the difference between the consonants ends and consonants clusters pronunciation. It will help me to improve my listened, because I read and write better than I can speak and listen. I will keep practicing, Thank you.

By LORY A T

Jul 18, 2022

I highly recommended this course!! This course helped me identify and understand my pronunciation flaws and provided me with guides and tools to overcome my pronunciation issues. I loved the videos, easy to understand. I love this course!

By Prof I

Nov 8, 2020

Thank you for this course that is well structured, interesting and helpful! I also thank all the instructors for their professionalism I highly recommend this course to everyone who wants to improve their American English pronunciation.

By Vanessa R

Apr 16, 2021

I had never taken a course to learn English pronunciation, only grammar, vocabulary, and other skills. Therefore this course has helped me improve my pronunciation as well as my understanding of native American English speakers.

By Cesar S

Jan 2, 2021

This course is the best, especially for non-native speakers. However the diagrams of pronunciation can be a little confusing, I think you should use colors to differentiate the position of the tongue, and the mouth.

By Amitpal K

Jul 4, 2021

w​onderful experience ,excellent course which is must for teachers to broaden their horizon .Aboveall lectures delivered by teachers are marvellous. Practice and assignments help to prefect our pronunciation.

By MUHAMED E

Aug 10, 2021

Correct pronunciation of American English good listening

I am very grateful for taking part in this course And of course, I thank all the teachers for their interesting explanations

By Raina D

Jan 15, 2022

I really enjoyed the course. It was very easy to follow through the entire time. The instructors, teachers were very elabrorate and descriptive about the lessons.

By thiago b d a

Aug 19, 2021

I think this course is very useful for all that wish learning about sounds or learnig about sounds of consonants in (on?) words . i am very happy with my results.

By Wender R d S

Jun 12, 2022

The course offers a unique opportunity to focus on American English pronunciation. The teachers are very didactic and provide an integrated learning experience.

By Priscila G V T

Jun 25, 2021

Excellent course. It helped me understand grammar and phonetics. And by "shadowing a conversation" lets you know how you are doing it according to the criteria.

By ISMAIL C T

Dec 3, 2021

I am really grateful for this experience. Especially, Miss Meg Parker for her clear instructions and Miss Marla Yoshida and Helen Nam for their fun practices.

By Katia V P

Aug 24, 2020

A very helpful course, especially because my native language (spanish) don't have a lot of this consonants or we pronounce these a little bit different.

By Sonia L T

Dec 5, 2020

I liked the course. I think is really complete including tips for English learns, visuals for the position of the mouth and tests to score your skills.

By Carolina M B E

Aug 19, 2020

This course is amazing. Everyone who wants to learn English needs take this course. Excellent. Congrats to the teachers and to the people who make it.

By Yasmine A

Sep 22, 2021

It's a really useful course I learn more and more from it . How I can improve my pronunciation in English and be understood by another native speaker

By Olivia P

Nov 17, 2021

Un muy buen curso verdaderamente me ha ayudado a mejorar mi pronunciación y con todos los tips que nos dieron podré hablarlo de forma mas fluida.

By Juan D R

Sep 6, 2021

Excellent! I have learned a lot and my pronunciation have improved so much that I sound almost like another person now haha Thank you so much.

By Courtney T

Oct 11, 2021

Excellent. I recommend it for anyone wanting to improve their American English pronunciation. I am recommending it to my ESL students.