Back to Audio Signal Processing for Music Applications

Audio Signal Processing for Music Applications, Universitat Pompeu Fabra of Barcelona

About this Course

In this course you will learn about audio signal processing methodologies that are specific for music and of use in real applications. We focus on the spectral processing techniques of relevance for the description and transformation of sounds, developing the basic theoretical and practical knowledge with which to analyze, synthesize, transform and describe audio signals in the context of music applications. The course is based on open software and content. The demonstrations and programming exercises are done using Python under Ubuntu, and the references and materials for the course come from open online repositories. We are also distributing with open licenses the software and materials developed for the course....

By LN

Dec 04, 2016

Top class! Very well explained, good examples, excellent learning material, practical exercises, and lots and lots of room for further personal study! Well done guys, and especially Xavier! Cheers!

By HZ

Jan 21, 2017

I learned a lot during this course. It took quite a lot of time and energy to complete it, but I'm glad I did. It is now much easier to follow the text of Richard Lyons' book. Highly recommended.

54 Reviews

By Daman Arora

Mar 07, 2019

Assignments are easily doable without any application of real analysis skills. You guys should actually ask us to build certain parts of your models so that we achieve that level of skill.

By Martin Baggio

Jan 05, 2019

Very interesting and well explained

By Dan Gomulkin

Dec 29, 2018

Now it can be taken under Windows the course is just great!

By Farouk Elsallak

Dec 17, 2018

I have questions that I would like to ask, but it seems that I can't access discussion forms for some reason.

By Jan Bartošek

Dec 09, 2018

Very nice course with nice materials! I am recommending for technical students interested in audio/music as me!!!

By Kushagra Sharma

Sep 24, 2018

Great learnings from great assignments and awesome faculty.

By Joaquin Jimenez

Jun 04, 2018

Excellent course to understand DSP, Fourier Transform and Audio Programming.

By Gerald Fenkell

May 28, 2018

An excellent course, particularily when enhanced by reading the four book series by Juli us O. Smith III.

Allowing one to continue into the next semester while keeping credit for work done is a major

plus point for the course. It actually took me about a year to complete and the alloted ten weeks would be an extremely demanding schedule.

By Jenny Lien

May 27, 2018

This course is amazing I wish I can give 6 stars

By OMAR YESID GALVIS

Apr 13, 2018

best course to apply your math knowledment