Back to Blended Language Learning: Design and Practice for Teachers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Blended Language Learning: Design and Practice for Teachers by University of Colorado Boulder

This course is for language educators who wish to learn how to build and teach a blended language course. You may receive 1.5 Graduate Teacher Education credits (GRTE) for completing this course. See below for more information. This course is divided into four modules. In the first module we are going to discuss the origins and effectiveness of the blended learning model. In the second module, we are going to look at course level considerations such as how to choose a blended format or how to build a blended course syllabus. In the third module, we are going to focus on the unit level. We are going to discuss how to plan a blended unit, how to go about presenting content, designing blended activities and assessment strategies. In the fourth module, we're going to turn our attention to the teaching aspect of the blended learning experience. At the end of the course, you have the option to put what you have learned into practice through an optional peer-reviewed assignment (Honors lesson). This assignment is not required to complete the course unless you wish to obtain Graduate Teacher Credits (GRTE). This course includes short quizzes, discussion questions, and an optional scaffolded peer-reviewed assignment. If you complete all the assignments, at the end of this course you will have fairly fleshed out a blended unit and you will be well on your way to building your own blended language course. Upon completion of this course, students will be able to: Explain blended learning as a teaching modality and discuss its effectiveness List and discuss the main instructional design steps involved in building a blended language course Select tools and technologies to support blended language learning Discuss effective blended teaching strategies GRTE credits: Credits earned for GRTE courses are not applicable toward a degree program offered at the University of Colorado Boulder but may be used for teacher professional enhancement, including relicensure and school district salary advancement. You may receive 1.5 GRTE credits for completing this course ($225). The form is provided at the end module 5....

PP

Mar 09, 2020

Very organized and focused! wish we could have extended! would love to know more on the topic! Thank you for all the wonderful material and comprehensive quizzes.

MG

May 07, 2020

Firstly, Thanks a lot.\n\nI had no idea what a blended language learning was about. Now, i am very happy and confident that i did this course.

1 - 15 of 15 Reviews for Blended Language Learning: Design and Practice for Teachers

By Andrés M C

Feb 20, 2020

A great introductory course for those of us interested in learning about blended teaching. Some modules stood out more than others, but an enjoyable teacher made the course well worth taking. Thank you.

By P.R.Sujatha P

Mar 09, 2020

By Lorenzo R

Feb 08, 2020

A plethora of tech tools to be discovered in this course

By Tylkowski I

Mar 16, 2020

Very useful and well-structured course!

By Jessica B

Feb 11, 2020

Thank you, Edwige.

By Dr. G S R

Mar 29, 2020

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am highly impressed with the course. Really felt like urging educators in my catchment area to be going ahead with this course. Just forwarding you a link with regards to the FB post i made vis-a-vis promoting this course.

I hope you would like it.

By Aysenur U

This was a super useful course to take during these strange times we are going through. It helped to better understand what blended learning is and how to better teach in this format. I'm happy I took this course!! I feel more confident about teaching online now.

By Keerthana.T

May 22, 2020

It was an excellent course for the teacher who looks forward to improving their teaching skills. It would definitely help if you take this course seriously and do the given assignments. Thank you course era for this excellent course.

By Meena G

May 07, 2020

Firstly, Thanks a lot.

By Briseida J V

May 16, 2020

Thanks a lot, this course has provided me with different tools I can use to design a blended unit. It is going to be really helpful.

By Thomas H

May 04, 2020

Wonderful, practical, simple, approachable, adaptable, straight-forward, valuable, manageable. Excellent!

By Rajashree P

Excellent course, well designed and very useful. It will help teachers in the times ahead.

By Mary G V

May 22, 2020

Thank You for helping with suitable examples

By Piyali S

Apr 16, 2020

Excellent course

By Katy M

Apr 05, 2020

Full of good resources. I just wish there was a list with links to everything the instructor discussed.