Back to Developing a Google SRE Culture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Developing a Google SRE Culture by Google Cloud

In many IT organizations, incentives are not aligned between developers, who strive for agility, and operators, who focus on stability. Site reliability engineering, or SRE, is how Google aligns incentives between development and operations and does mission-critical production support. Adoption of SRE cultural and technical practices can help improve collaboration between the business and IT. This course introduces key practices of Google SRE and the important role IT and business leaders play in the success of SRE organizational adoption. Primary audience: IT leaders and business leaders who are interested in embracing SRE philosophy. Roles include, but are not limited to CTO, IT director/manager, engineering VP/director/manager. Secondary audience: Other product and IT roles such as operations managers or engineers, software engineers, service managers, or product managers may also find this content useful as an introduction to SRE....

VG
Aug 9, 2020

Excellent summary of the material in the books. The focus on helping to implement an SRE culture is on point and very useful. I will put what I learn in practice.

SB
Dec 12, 2020

Gold standard, most theoretical. I'm preparing myself to launch myself as Tech Leah in SRE field and I could not have asked for better course.

1 - 25 of 42 Reviews for Developing a Google SRE Culture

By Rodrigo A

Jul 19, 2020

A useful introductory course that provides a high-level idea about SRE and how to implement it in your company. It will not provide you the details on how to define SLIs/SLOs, for instance, but you can learn that by reading the SRE book or by taking the other Coursera SRE course. I recommend it also for people in an organization who will not be directly involved with the SRE activities.

By Karsten S

Feb 6, 2021

The course helps to understand what SRE means and how to get started. Good resources are provided, and it triggered me to look up more information on the internet. It is valuable not only for engineering teams or operations teams. It is also a great inspiration for any other team. How could you avoid TOIL in your non-tech team.

By Edit K

Nov 18, 2020

This is a very good training for everyone who wants to investigate on team structures, overcome silos and change the work environment / team's working atmosphere. Contains a good fundation and theoretical background for practical problems.

By Riccardo C

Jul 9, 2020

very good course, interesting.

mid-way questionnaire was fair.

The final one had some questions which were quite hard (and IMHO not fair).

Feel free to reach to ricc@google.com if you want to know more. I have notes and screenshots.

By Andrew R

Jul 31, 2020

A very nice introduction to the philosophy and implementation of Site Reliability Engineering. I would recommend this course to Project Managers and Engineers alike. It's simple, easy to understand, and useful.

By Viktor G

Aug 10, 2020

By shiva h k b

Dec 13, 2020

By Ahangama L M P

Oct 5, 2020

IT was a great start to my dream.Anyway i will be a site reliability engineer at google.Thankyou very much for creating this course

By Mathews K

Aug 30, 2020

This will be a good start for any leaders to understand the fundamentals before implementing SRE in the organization

By Dmitrii I

Sep 13, 2020

Good intro to SRE for beginners, or a good overview for managers, who are starting an SRE implementation.

By Diana M C

Jul 22, 2020

This course provides a good overview on the topic and actionable insights to get started

By Jonathan A M

Nov 21, 2020

Great course. It taught me a lot of things I don't usually see in my organization

By Mohamed A

Oct 14, 2020

Good course but it was less technical than expected. still I learned a lot

By Lance A

Jan 29, 2021

This course introduced me to understanding DevOps and SRE concepts

By Pradip G

Nov 16, 2020

Good course to understand the basics of SRE.

By Alex M

Nov 8, 2020

Explaining the SRE why it's exist in devops

By Ebrahim D

Jan 22, 2021

Google is the brain of computer worlds!

By Saurabh G

Oct 24, 2020

A very insightful course about SRE

By Wayne Y

Dec 18, 2020

Great course for the SRE basic

By Edgar G

Oct 24, 2020

Nice Course and Learnings

By Hala E

Sep 26, 2020

VERY INTERESTING COURSE !

By Ishara M C