Back to Developing a Google SRE Culture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Developing a Google SRE Culture by Google Cloud

In many IT organizations, incentives are not aligned between developers, who strive for agility, and operators, who focus on stability. Site reliability engineering, or SRE, is how Google aligns incentives between development and operations and does mission-critical production support. Adoption of SRE cultural and technical practices can help improve collaboration between the business and IT. This course introduces key practices of Google SRE and the important role IT and business leaders play in the success of SRE organizational adoption. Primary audience: IT leaders and business leaders who are interested in embracing SRE philosophy. Roles include, but are not limited to CTO, IT director/manager, engineering VP/director/manager. Secondary audience: Other product and IT roles such as operations managers or engineers, software engineers, service managers, or product managers may also find this content useful as an introduction to SRE....

VG
Aug 9, 2020

Excellent summary of the material in the books. The focus on helping to implement an SRE culture is on point and very useful. I will put what I learn in practice.

SB
Dec 12, 2020

Gold standard, most theoretical. I'm preparing myself to launch myself as Tech Leah in SRE field and I could not have asked for better course.

1 - 25 of 65 Reviews for Developing a Google SRE Culture

By Guido G

Dec 24, 2020

I'd prefer a presenter who looks at me (in the camera), not at his text.

The content's transcription into the text is not accurate a couple of times, I have seen better quality in other courses.

The content expected has been delivered and helps me to connect the dots.

By Mitt C

Mar 7, 2021

Poor audio and visuals compared to other courses

Very esoteric and "googley" language for SREs, SLIs, SLOs. Lost the feeling of a good conceptual framework that's easy to reason about, and instead, it felt like I had to memorize 2x2 consulting matrixes written by people who've never done DevOps or SRE as individual contributors or managers.

Pimping the Google professional services wasn't helpful -- this sales vibe made the last course seem like a marketing deck for consulting services (gross).

By Rodrigo A

Jul 19, 2020

A useful introductory course that provides a high-level idea about SRE and how to implement it in your company. It will not provide you the details on how to define SLIs/SLOs, for instance, but you can learn that by reading the SRE book or by taking the other Coursera SRE course. I recommend it also for people in an organization who will not be directly involved with the SRE activities.

By Karsten S

Feb 6, 2021

The course helps to understand what SRE means and how to get started. Good resources are provided, and it triggered me to look up more information on the internet. It is valuable not only for engineering teams or operations teams. It is also a great inspiration for any other team. How could you avoid TOIL in your non-tech team.

By Edit K

Nov 18, 2020

This is a very good training for everyone who wants to investigate on team structures, overcome silos and change the work environment / team's working atmosphere. Contains a good fundation and theoretical background for practical problems.

By Riccardo C

Jul 9, 2020

very good course, interesting.

mid-way questionnaire was fair.

The final one had some questions which were quite hard (and IMHO not fair).

Feel free to reach to ricc@google.com if you want to know more. I have notes and screenshots.

By Andrew R

Jul 31, 2020

A very nice introduction to the philosophy and implementation of Site Reliability Engineering. I would recommend this course to Project Managers and Engineers alike. It's simple, easy to understand, and useful.

By Matheus O D S

Mar 30, 2021

I loved the course, its well explained and very acessible. I really liked the content. It explains to you the basics e and some google experiences. I recommend this course a lot.

By Viktor G

Aug 10, 2020

By shiva h k b

Dec 13, 2020

By Juan J P G

Mar 29, 2021

Bueno para enfocar los esfuerzos del team de tecnologia de acuerdo a las necesidades del negocio y la disponibilidad de las aplicaciones

By Ahangama L M P

Oct 5, 2020

IT was a great start to my dream.Anyway i will be a site reliability engineer at google.Thankyou very much for creating this course

By David A

May 30, 2021

Really enjoyed learning about Google's SRE culture. Many key takeaways for me. The reflection activities were also very helpful.

By Thiago F

Mar 7, 2021

I was started to work in an SRE Team, and this course was helped me to understand more about the SRE philosophy and objectives.

By Maxim K

Apr 6, 2021

Clear explanations from the very beginning . Maybe it needs to shed some more light on the differences between DevOps and SREs

By Hongyu ( L

Apr 2, 2021

Very helpful course for me to learn SRE. This is the first course I took in coursera. Will continue to take more course here.

By Mathews K

Aug 30, 2020

This will be a good start for any leaders to understand the fundamentals before implementing SRE in the organization

By Redi T

May 22, 2021

it just new for me and the content is really valuable for myself and my organizations. thank you very much

By Dmitrii I

Sep 13, 2020

Good intro to SRE for beginners, or a good overview for managers, who are starting an SRE implementation.

By Marcos V L

Mar 25, 2021

Excelente conteúdo... estou usando no dia a dia da construção de nossa área de digital....

By Diana M C

Jul 22, 2020

This course provides a good overview on the topic and actionable insights to get started

By Jonathan A M

Nov 21, 2020

Great course. It taught me a lot of things I don't usually see in my organization

By Mohamed A

Oct 14, 2020

Good course but it was less technical than expected. still I learned a lot

By Diego A S A

Apr 9, 2021

Nice course to understand better the philosophy and ideals behind SRE

By Lance A