Back to Dog Emotion and Cognition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dog Emotion and Cognition by Duke University

Dog Emotion and Cognition will introduce you to the exciting new study of dog psychology, what the latest discoveries tell us about how dogs think and feel about us, and how we can use this new knowledge to further strengthen our relationship with our best friends....

LT

Aug 04, 2019

Great course with a lot of new information, not just about dogs but even domestication of other species, including humans. The predictability of aggression in humans would be an interesting next topic

RR

This course was very informative and interesting. Even people without dogs as pets and having an interest towards pets can take up this course. By doing so, we get to understand ourselves better.

1026 - 1050 of 1,075 Reviews for Dog Emotion and Cognition

By Candy M

Jan 07, 2020

Lots of the information was interesting, but I feel that a lot of the lectures spent too much time on anecdotes and examples. I don't feel as though the amount I learned was relative to the amount of time spent getting through the course.

By Abhishek G

Aug 11, 2020

While the course certainly provided insights into Dog cognition and their relation with humans, there is much more i was looking for in this. Next, the course could cover the 'how' of dog thinking patterns, if at all that can be known.

By April D

Aug 26, 2020

The short 5 minute videos were too short and made it difficult to follow. Often times the video would end in the middle of a sentence.

Also too much cross selling trying to get people to use the paid site.

By kelly g

May 28, 2018

I expect the course to concentrate on dog cognition and have a lot more information on dog behaviours and emotions. Although it did cover these areas i felt some weeks i didn't learn anything new about dogs

By Samantha D C

Jan 06, 2016

I did enjoy this course, but at times I felt a little bored, like it was loosing my interest. Some of the information given was more about other species and I think that's what made it less gripping for me.

By Amanda S

Aug 19, 2020

Great info but when I try to share the certificate it says signed by John Doe. I expect a mailed certificate with a seal for $50, not a crappy certificate that isn’t signed or able to be displayed.

By Mallory H

Sep 20, 2020

More of a crash course but there are some very interesting topics. Reading The Genius of dogs along with the course is highly recommended. Some of the review questions are difficult to understand.

By Rosanna L

May 28, 2017

Interesting course, some of the videos were a little long for the information provided, but was good to hear about comparisons in dogs, wolves and apes and the experiments conducted.

By Rebecca r

Mar 27, 2019

This course was really interesting and has taught me a lot. However the first few weeks were not as focused on dogs, they tended to be more about apes and humans and evoution.

By johana s

Jul 04, 2020

An ideally inclusive offering for you and your companion to explore at home. In-depth evolutionary theory for you, and the toolkit to test the theories with your friend

By Jose L L

Jun 12, 2020

I learned about dogs only on the latter week 6 -8. wish you could've went with that. The history was okay but it was too dragging for me.

By Wenyi L

Oct 18, 2015

I have learnt some basic knowledge about dog's congnition. It may be more interesting if I have a dog to take part in these experments.

By Samuel O

Aug 12, 2020

Didn't really learn about Dog emotions until week 7&8 out of 8 weeks, the first couple of weeks were talking about other animals.

By Ranjini M

Jun 06, 2020

The course could have been a little more precise. Video lectures could have been more direct. Would have saved a lot of time.

By Lindsay E

Jun 23, 2020

Subject matter is very interesting, but the instructor saying um and uhh way too much was very distracting and annoying.

By Emilee G

Sep 19, 2017

Too much info about evolution and apes etc, not enough with dogs. Good teacher, but not as helpful as I'd hoped.

By Gretchen G

Dec 31, 2015

Interesting insights into human interactions with dogs. I just could not finish the entire class.

By dreamy1121

Mar 10, 2017

Compared to the other courses, this one is kind of boring, but learned some origination of dogs :)

By Luyi L

Jan 03, 2017

Too many gestures, movements and ahhhs, slides available but not downloadable (what's the point?).

By Goti P p

Jul 07, 2020

this program is really used full to me. i was learning so new type of things to tech my dog.

By sayna p

Oct 20, 2018

The instructor advertised his book and website so much that it took away from the content.

By Dalia G

Aug 17, 2020

too detailed, too much information to process but the lecturer was actually pretty fun.

By Mariana C L

Jul 16, 2017

En general está ok! pero siento que muchas clases son bastante repetitivas.

By Kelly S

May 11, 2017

Wasn't my favorite but I enjoyed some of it.

By LaVonia A S