Back to Fashion Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fashion Design by Parsons School of Design, The New School

Fashion design is about looking to the future to innovate for today, but it is important to understand the foundation of the design process. In this course, you will learn about technological developments in fashion design, 3D and digital printing, and artisanal design and craftsmanship. You’ll explore building your brand through design aesthetics, materials, silhouettes and fit. You’ll discover the importance of collaboration with other designers and how new modes of thinking and inspiration are integral to the design process. Finally, you’ll examine the future of fashion forecasting, and how the observation of trends, social movements, politics, environmentalism, and pop culture are crucial to building your brand strategy. In this course, you'll be learning from the following Parsons faculty and industry experts: - Gabi Asfour, Parsons Faculty, Founder & Creative Director, threeASFOUR - Keanan Duffty, Parsons Faculty - Susanna Moyer, Parsons Faculty - Joshua Williams, Parsons Faculty...

SF

ThankyouThankyouThank all over greatgreat learninglearning

1 - 12 of 12 Reviews for Fashion Design

By Georgina C G

Aug 11, 2021

I really loved this course! I recognized some topics from classes that I have taken at my college, touching on things like textiles and also the design process. I also was able to learn new things in deapth like collaoration, and trend forecasting. I have knowledge and notes to keep and to use for my career. It was great and I give 10/10! YOU WONT REGRET TAKING THIS COURSE. I am looking for more classes in the specialization category.

By Steffi f

Oct 11, 2021

increible!

By Dominika K

Aug 25, 2021

Content of the course is highly valuable and teachers are experienced professionals in the fashion industry. It would be better though if lecturers would speak more without reading. This would help to better focus on the content they convey. Also, it would be helpful to get feedback for the reflective writing assignments. I assume though that then the course would have to be much more expensive.

By Suzana N A A A

Nov 23, 2021

V​ery informative and eye opening. Thank you!

By K F

Aug 20, 2021

Très bon cours. Merci aux professeurs !

By Nitika M