Back to Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most by University of Michigan

Welcome to Finding Purpose and Meaning in Life: Living for What Matters Most! In this course, you’ll learn how science, philosophy and practice all play a role in both finding your purpose and living a purposeful life. You will hear from historical figures and individuals about their journeys to finding and living a purposeful life, and will walk through different exercises to help you find out what matters most to you so you can live a purposeful life. As an added benefit, you will also have complimentary access, for a period of time, to the Purposeful App. This groundbreaking mobile and desktop app is designed to help you build a purposeful rhythm into each day, so you can bring your best self to what matters most. Look for more information in Week 1 of the course! By the end of this course, you will: 1. Understand that having a strong purpose in life is an essential element of human well-being. 2. Know how self-transcending purpose positively affects well-being. 3. Be able to create a purpose for your life (don't be intimidated, this is different from creating "the purpose" for your life). 4. Apply personal approaches and skills to self-change and become and stay connected to your purpose every day. We are thrilled that you are here! We look forward to hearing and learning from you throughout this course!...

Jun 07, 2020

Short and precise course to get some perspective on finding focus on things that really matter. Vic is an excellent professor who just connects so well with the students even from the computer screen.

D

I found this course beneficial in focusing my thinking about what is and should be important to me in life. Taking a self-critical approach to this issue has been difficult but revealing and freeing

51 - 75 of 319 Reviews for Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life: Living for What Matters Most

By Melisa Z

A great course to have a better understanding ourselves and life. It could be about your family, about your school, about your job, you will find something for you in this course. Every video was like a meditation. I really enjoyed all of the parts. Thanks for Prof. Vic Strecher, I am sure that he is a great man!

By Abegale E

Sep 19, 2020

What I liked most about the course was that the discussion was simplified into digestible chunks. There was a balance of empirical discussions, practical examples and self-reflection to better learn the topic. I will bring what I learned from this course throughout my life, definitely. Thank you!

By Hashif M

Mr. Vic Strecher is a wonderful human being and an inspirational teacher. I was lucky to enroll to this course and benefit from the knowledge, skills and wisdom that was shared. I'm going to live a life of purpose and would encourage others to do so to make this world happier, peaceful and safe.

By Baidwattie I

Oct 14, 2020

i was lost and was trying to figure out the reason for life. Why are we here? Then I came across this course without even searching for it. I felt it was meant for me and now I completed the course. I must say I now have a better sense of direction and purpose in my life. Thank you.

By Vania E C N

Jun 23, 2020

This course is surely an eye-opener!! There's nothing to lose to learn more about you, moreover about what your life purpose is. It's great if you already feel comfortable and satisfied with your life right now, but finding a purpose about it will make it more worth-living.

By Honor O

Aug 28, 2020

While I'm not so interested in finding a purpose as I had mine at a early age, I enjoyed being able to read about it and listen to the stories told. I happy to be able to understand a bit more how scholars approached this topic. It turns out to be quite useful thank you!

By Karan T N

Jun 05, 2020

This course is excellent. It gives me a clear idea of getting life purpose and meaning. But in the course, the instructor said the strong and low purpose but they do not show how to make the purpose strong. although, I Like the course very much. Thank You for the Course.

By Luz E G M

Jul 03, 2020

This course has everything that every person needs to puts some words to the thing that are most valuable for each of us. I definitely enjoy every video and every explanation because it made me think about so many things I needed but I just couldn't figure it on my own.

By Teoh G S

Oct 11, 2020

It's a very good and practical course, I particularly like the loving meditation as it helps in our overall well-being. This is what the world needs the most. Instead of purely pursuit material, we need a balance of both self-transcending and self-enhancing happiness.

By Cynthia

Jun 02, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Professor explains everything super inspiringly and calmly. I found the combination of practice and scientific research very interesting. But a look back in history also provided some nice insights. It is highly recommended for everyone!

By Carrie K

Absolutely loved this course. I learned a lot and learned how to apply this knowledge to my own life. Professor Stretcher seems like such a kind soul who really loves the subject he's teaching and applies what he teaches to his own life. Highly recommend this course.

By PallaviPandavula

Sep 30, 2020

I absolutely loved the course. This is truly one of the rarest courses that could change your life for better. I feel that this would be the NORTH STAR for anyone wishing to know how to lead a purposeful and happy life. I feel grateful that this course was made.

By Ram M S

Jul 28, 2020

Having a purpose in life is an essential responsibility for any one. With having purpose in life one can experience life to its fullest extent and can lead a healthy and joyful life. The course is well designed and is explained excellently by Vic Strecher.

By Jose M d O N

May 16, 2020

Did the course during Covid-19 lock-down times! Fantastic Course and a great opportunity for an inner reflection. Things like what you expected people would write on your tombstone and also your life after retirement were very valuable for me!

By Letícia L M

Aug 14, 2020

It delivers what it promises. Unlike I expected, the course has a lot of cientific base and very practical activities. The teacher is the sweetest, wisest being I had the pleasure of getting to know. I feel like I spent my time fantastically.

By Marton G

Oct 13, 2020

It was not just fun but very interesting as well. Until about 2 months ago I would never have thought that I would be interested in someone telling me via a computer screen about the my purpose in my own life. I am glad it all changed!

By Jordan M

May 13, 2020

Professor Stretchor is no doubt the most inspirational teacher who is very easy to relate to, makes you question your goals and life ourpose in the best way. The course itself offered such amazing information that I had no idea I need.

By Lina F

Oct 24, 2020

This course was great for me, I learned many think that I´m willing to apply in my life. I really recommend it to everybody who thinks that already live with a purpose but mainly for who thinks that have a purpose is not necessary.

By David M D R

Sep 08, 2020

I was having a hard time. The pandemic combined with personal, financial and internal struggles was taking the best out of me. This course helped gain a new direction, or maybe simply recognize the one that has always been there.

By Kathleen C

This class helped me find purpose and meaning in my life during a difficult time. It's easier to get out of bed knowing I have goals I can work on every day. Overall, I liked how Vic combined science and spirituality.

By Aixa K

Jun 10, 2020

Life-changing course. The videos were educational, entertaining and engaging. They were the right amount of material, explained the right way in a very clear manner. It will forever change the way I live my life.

By April M L B

Sep 09, 2020

This course really helped me a lot on how to Live a Purposeful Life and gave me a lot of lessons which I can really apply in real-life situations! You better enroll to this course now. You will definitely loved it!

By Lyliah H

This was a very interesting course. I think it is an important one to take in order to ensure that we are paying attention and putting our attention where we want our lives to go. I would highly recommend it.

By Taufiq B

Oct 25, 2020

The course is well paced and insightful. It offers unique perspective on revisiting purpose, combining philosophy, neurology and behavioral science. I'd recommend this course to anybody in any stage of life.

By Vivek S

Jul 20, 2020

THE BEST COURSE ON COURSERA. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT A 21ST CENTURY HUMAN BEING NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND, AND TRY TO DEFINE WHAT LIFE IS! MUST ATTEND COURSE IRRESPECTIVE OF ANYTHING...PURPOSE IN LIFE MATTERS MOST!!