Back to Fundamentals of Red Hat Enterprise Linux

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Red Hat Enterprise Linux by Red Hat

This course will provide you with a basic introduction to Linux® skills using Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 8. It will show you how a Linux system is organized, and will demonstrate introductory system administration tasks, which you will be able to practice on your own. You will be introduced to reasons why Linux and the open source development model are so important in today's computing environment. Linux systems are used everywhere—the internet, point-of-sale systems, and the world's stock markets. You’ll find Linux running smart TVs, in-flight entertainment systems, and most of the top supercomputers in the world. There are many reasons why it is valuable for you to learn Linux. If you are looking for new opportunities in IT, Linux skills are in high demand. For example, if you are developing applications, it's likely your application or its runtime is hosted on Linux. If you're working in the cloud, your cloud instances may be based on Linux, and your private or public cloud environment is also probably based on Linux. If you're working with mobile applications or the Internet of Things, it is also likely that the operating system of your device is based on Linux. And, if you use Windows, you'll need to interoperate with Linux. After completing this course, you will have a solid introduction to working with Linux from the command line, using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 as a model. In applying these skills, you will be able to perform fundamental operational tasks, whether your Linux machine is on your desk or on a remote system across the Internet....

SV
Jun 17, 2021

Chris is one of the most efficient, clean and To the point person who will guide you throughout and make sure you will learn the things not just complete them. Kudos to Chris.

NC
May 3, 2021

Completed this course and obtained my first certification in Linux. It was very fun and engaging. I would recommend anyone looking at getting into Linux

1 - 25 of 72 Reviews for Fundamentals of Red Hat Enterprise Linux

By Maurice H

Mar 20, 2021

As someone new to the Linux environment, I have to say this course was excellent. The lessons and documentation were easy to read and understand, the labs were informative and easy to follow. The presenter was well spoken and easy to understand.At no point in time did I feel overwhelmed or clueless. Definitely one of the best courses I've done on this site.

By Junaid A

Apr 19, 2021

excellent course full of information including practical guided exercises & quizzes, i love their training methodology 1 video then reading task this keeps me on track & never let me to get bored otherwise watching the videos or reading the book make me exhausted, lastly i would thank you for this wonderful course

By nitesh c

May 4, 2021

By Kalpit M

Dec 5, 2020

This was a great course for me to understand the fundamentals of Linux and waiting for more courses from RedHat.

By J C

Mar 25, 2021

Enjoyed the course, the Instructor was very clear and provided the right amount of hands on examples.

By Widasun W

Dec 29, 2020

very intersting course. very interesting instructor.Thank you Redhat, coursera and COL-Canada

By Tomislav H

Mar 7, 2021

Chris Caillouet is great to listen and watch.

By Miroslaw L

Dec 8, 2020

great teacher

By Cristian

Dec 28, 2020

5 Stars for the trainer. He is easy to follow and it is a pleasure to listen to him.

5 stars for the content. I am not a noob but I had a lot of things to learn. I hugely appreciated the ratio between theory and hands-on.

I wish there was a longer version but I realize it is a free version and I thank you very much for the time and energy you invested into creating this high-value content.

By wondwossen a

Mar 7, 2021

What an amazing journey it had been, a learning curve for anyone who is interested to be a system administrator. Thank you coursera.

By RAHUL K

Jan 3, 2021

Best course to get started with Redhat Enterprise Linux. Also the guided exercises gave me hands-on experience.

By DIVYANSHU T

May 1, 2021

It was great. I learnt about many basic commands on linux and it will definitely help me during my placements.

By Ransher S

Apr 16, 2021

The information was very well explained both in the student guide as well as the instructional videos.

By Bruno d S d C

Apr 23, 2021

I just loved everything in this course, easy to understand and well prepared. I Highly recommend it.

By MEHAK V

l

training

By Jeffrey V

Jul 30, 2021

This is a really great intro into RHEL--and also Linux, in general. I've been using Linux for a long time, and RHEL for the past year, and this course is even valuable for those who already know RHEL. It never hurts to brush up on one's knowledge of a subject. One should never assume that they know everything. Whether a prospective student is a beginner or a Linux veteran, this is a good course.

By Shaikh S

Jun 22, 2021

I thinks it's just a trailer of how an enterprise looks in production environment.

so don't lose momentum and get it done.

"I would like to suggest coursera to provide specialization coureses in Linux system administration on the certification point of view."

By Asiri V

Jun 30, 2021

I​'am recommnding thhis course to all who wants to begin their carrier life as a RHEL system administrator. and I thank to lecturer for teaching this and its very uderstanding .

By Surya B V

Jun 18, 2021

By Raoul-Aime K

Apr 11, 2021

J'ai aimé la qualité des supports. Le formateur va dans le détails et ça permet à tout débutant de se familiariser progressivement, puis rapidement.

By Rodney Y C L

Dec 21, 2020

Enhanced my usable knowledge on Red Hat Linux industrial standards http://rodyeo.dyndns.org

By CHATHURA M W

Feb 22, 2021

I learnt what I required on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Thank you Red Hat and Coursera!

By GongChing D

Jun 21, 2021

An amazing tutorial for Linux! Learn from zero to a skilled worker for Linux OS.

By Pascal U E

Feb 14, 2021

Very well detailed course, a good introduction to Linux and to Red Hat!