Back to Chinese for HSK 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for HSK 1 by Peking University

Nǐ hǎo! 你好!Welcome to Chinese for HSK Level 1 - a Chinese course for beginners. My name is YU Bin. I am very happy to meet you here! HSK stands for Hànyǔ (Chinese) Shuǐpíng (level) Kǎoshì (test), which is the most important Chinese proficiency test in use today. It assesses non-native Chinese speakers’ abilities in using Chinese in their daily, academic and professional lives. Chinese for HSK Level 1 is the first part of the 6 levels and assesses test takers’ abilities in the application of everyday Chinese. It is the counterpart of Level 1 of the Chinese Language Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the A1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. You will learn:  30 video lectures with dialogue role plays by PKU students;  More than 150 commonly used words;  Around 50 key grammar points;  New words and texts via audio;  Quizzes for each lesson and HSK test papers;  Videos for 70 basic Chinese characters (optional);  Supplementary materials about China (optional). In short, the course covers the four skills although only listening and reading are tested in HSK. At the end of the course, you will be able to understand and use simple Chinese phrases, meet basic needs for communication and possess the ability to further your Chinese language studies. Have a fantastic journey of Chinese learning. For more information about HSK please visit: http://english.hanban.org/node_7581.htm....

TN
Feb 20, 2017

Ce cours me permet de me familiariser l'audition ainsi que l'écriture des caractères chinois.\n\nMerci beaucoup à l'équipe HSK Level1 ainsi que la professeure Yu Bin pour le contenu et les ressources.

AG
Jan 4, 2019

finally an online course that delivers, great way to kickstart or reboot your chinese. the formula of the lesson is simple and easy to follow, a fantastic way to start, definitely moving on to HSK2

101 - 125 of 546 Reviews for Chinese for HSK 1

By Alba d J K A

Jun 16, 2019

I am refreshing my Chinese and this is a great course that I wish was available a few years ago when I was starting, HSK1 and beyond I would say, it has important grammar points and many exercises very helpful to anyone new to this language.

By Craig R

Mar 2, 2020

I loved this course! The video practices and quizzes were very helpful and the explanations were easy to understand and enjoyable. After studying Chinese for a year, I found this course to be the most helpful boost in my language learning.

By Febri W T

May 11, 2021

Thank you very much, studying the course at Courcera really helped me improve my skills in learning Chinese. and thanks also to the university for accepting me. I hope that in the future I will be even more active in learning Chinese.

By 李俊一

Dec 2, 2017

This is a good course.I'm a Chinese postgraduate student in Xi'an .Everyone who want to learn Chinese face to face by Internet connect me.I will try my best to help you.I can speak a little English.My email is arthurlijunyi@gmail.com.

By Joseph C

Aug 7, 2017

This is a great course with clear examples and explanations, the teacher works at just the right pace to let a beginner build their confidence and knowledge base; furthermore, all of the content is essential to daily life in China.

By Héctor P T

Dec 27, 2019

I've studied Mandarin for a couple years and still found many new and clearer concepts in this course. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't taken a more traditional approach following a University kind of course.

By Britney C

Dec 7, 2019

Me ha encantado este curso porque he aprendido mucho en poco tiempo, es muy flexible y se adapta a mi horario. Además que ofrece ayuda económica, es muy bueno para las personas que como en mi caso no podemos costearnos un curso.

By Sean F

Fast-paced and filled with useful information. HSK1 requires you to know 150 words. This course will teach you 250 words and related grammar structures to make sure you pass with flying colours! Im very happy with my purchase!

By Nicolás M

Jan 30, 2017

Helps you a lot to understand the HSK structure and gives you the necessary words to pass it by far, five stars because it achieves the goal to prepare you for de HSK with many pluses inside the course, totally worth it.

By Álvaro G R

Dec 30, 2020

Well structured course with a clear focus to learn the content required to pass HSK 1. High quality readings, videos and quizzes along with an excellent teacher make up the perfect combination to get prepared for HSK1.

By Parv S

May 19, 2018

I've known a little bit of chinese before but this course elevated on what I've known before. Really helpful, and by the end you will know more than just basic communication, considering if you do this very seriously.

By Michael E J

Feb 22, 2020

This course makes learning Chinese a bit easier. Although there are only several videos to watch, the videos are very similar to being in a classroom environment. I highly recommend this course for future learners.

By Dale L

Nov 9, 2017

Fantastic! Not an easy course if learner does not have some basic Mandarin background but very good. Ms. Yu Bin is very professional and easy to follow. Class is organized and flows well. Thank you for having me!

By Anna B

Dec 12, 2016

Very exciting! I really enjoy lectures. Thank you for this opportunity to watch and attend lectures of one of the best university in the world! The lessons are short, creative and they give only useful information!

By Gianluca P

Aug 27, 2017

Excellent course!

Very intuitive and helpful to pass HSK1.

Lessons are very clear and are not only limited to words in HSK1, but teach you some other words and how to use basic chinese words in all days situation.

By Chris A

Apr 9, 2021

A very decent and understandable preparation course for HSK 1 testing. Would recommend this course to others if they are interested in learning Mandarin Chinese, or if they want to upskill further.

Thank you! :)

By Ralph R F

Jul 13, 2019

Simple and practical, the unique combination of non-native and native dialogues helps in understanding the language easily. Terrific for first time enthusiasts, who like me needs to have the basics in place.

By Patrick Z

Sep 25, 2020

I enjoy taking this HSK Level 1 course taught by Yu Bin! She explains the material clearly and precisely. This is useful if one wants to take the HSK Level 1 exam and/or start learning Chinese. 谢谢於老师和北京大学!

By Angel G G

Sep 5, 2020

Un excelente curso para aprender el idioma, la manera que te van enseñando, hace que cada vez quieras aprender más y poder ganar más conocimiento del idioma, muchas gracias y recomiendo al 100% este curso!

By Khetsophon

Sep 8, 2020

I really love this course. The teacher teaches really well and the media and material is well organized. The exercise is also useful. I gain a lot of knowledge. Thank you for making such a great course.

By Alexandrine W

Dec 23, 2016

Great intro course for Chinese as a second language. This course is a wonderful way to begin with the basics, both audio and reading, and even with a stint at speaking (recording one's voice exercise).

By Ana F

Nov 24, 2020

An outstanding course with an exceptional teacher the content is very rich and useful for those who want to take the HSK I test and for those who want to learn more about Chinese language and culture.

By Tomás O F

Feb 21, 2018

Great course. I was looking to catch up with my college Chinese class. I haven't catch up yet, but I think with the HSK2 course I will.

Overall, a well thought and well planned course.

Would recommend!

By Tri H N

Feb 21, 2017

By Rocio M H O

Jan 20, 2021

Me ha gustado mucho, es muy flexible con los horarios y las explicaciones (aunque el inglés no es mi lengua materna) me han parecido claras. Los ejercicios y su aplicación son muy buenos también.