Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by University of Toronto

This course will highlight the most interesting experiments within the field of psychology, discussing the implications of those studies for our understanding of the human mind and human behavior. We will explore the brain and some of the cognitive abilities it supports like memory, learning, attention, perception and consciousness. We will examine human development - both in terms of growing up and growing old - and will discuss the manner in which the behavior of others affect our own thoughts and behavior. Finally we will discuss various forms of mental illness and the treatments that are used to help those who suffer from them. The fact of the matter is that humans routinely do amazing things without appreciating how interesting they are. However, we are also routinely influenced by people and events without always being aware of those influences. By the end of this course you will have gained a much better understanding and appreciation of who you are and how you work. And I can guarantee you that you'll learn things that you'll be telling your friends and family about, things that will fundamentally change the way you think of yourself and others. How can you resist that?!...

HW

Feb 17, 2017

I loved every minute of this course! Professor Joordens was very engaging and it was set at just the right pace. I'm looking forward to my next course already! The discussion forums are very helpful.

EC

Dec 16, 2016

good course. suitable for starters. I learnt some basics and something interesting. I now can analyse some social events from the psychology point of view. I understand humanity a little bit better.

76 - 100 of 793 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By Deborah R

Jan 07, 2019

Absolutely loved it! It was my first course and it definitely made me want to continue learning about psychology. The teacher was amazing.

By Sakina S

Jan 07, 2019

I loved everything about this course! Thoroughly interesting and a great introduction to the fascinating field of psychology.

By Hammad B

Feb 03, 2019

Wonderful to get to know about my self and others. Everyone should enroll In this. And thanks to HEC Pakistan and NOON consulting for offering this.

By Oksana K

Jan 20, 2019

Excellent profound course on psychology, it really sparked my inerest to study further!

By Alok M

Feb 05, 2019

The teaching (Communication) style so that anybody without any prior Psychology knowledge can learn it. Touching all the important aspects of Psychology. Loving it.

By Julia B

Feb 04, 2019

I love this course and the professor!

By Sai T

Dec 08, 2018

Just Brilliant

By Lakshan S

Mar 11, 2019

This really opened my views and really formed a perspective I did not until I finished this course.

By Saba

Feb 14, 2019

Totally awesome! great course

By Obukhova I

Mar 10, 2019

This course is really great one to start studying psychology. Prof Joordens is a very charismatic person with a great sense of humor! I enjoyed every lecture. Thank you.

By Non A

Feb 26, 2019

This is by far the best psychology course I have ever taken: Funny, witty, and truly deeply informative.

By Taina R B

Feb 26, 2019

I learned a lot with this course !! thank you so much

By Mama s

Jul 12, 2018

Covers many topics yet teaches us main psychology principles, one of the best courses I have done on Coursera.

By Yatan U

Jul 12, 2018

Extensively informative and interestingly imparted.

By Tumar H

Sep 09, 2018

The professor is perfect. i enjoyed the course

By Evgeniya Z

Sep 10, 2018

Great course, thank you! unfortunately some links to extra videos/articles aren't working..

By Cansu B

Sep 10, 2018

Thank you Steve Joordens. I am glad that I took this course.

By Tan J F

Sep 12, 2018

I truly am grateful to have learn more about Psychology, but more about ourselves and how we must be aware of other people behavior.

By Rita A

Sep 24, 2018

This is one of the most interesting courses I've ever taken!

By Sandy K

Sep 25, 2018

From this course, you not only know what, but also know why and how. Which is very good for my profound understanding of this subject. The teacher is great!

By JUNAID A

Sep 12, 2018

Very Good

By MARYAM H

Sep 27, 2018

Amazing course. so well planned and interesting. Thank you Professor!

By Muhammad F N

Sep 29, 2018

A very well explained course on psychology.

By michael n

Aug 27, 2018

Steve Joordens is an excellent teacher. His introduction to psychology is interesting and lively

By Mohammad J A

Aug 12, 2018

Fantastic course from a fantastic teacher!