Back to Introduction to Concurrent Programming with GPUs

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Concurrent Programming with GPUs by Johns Hopkins University

This course will help prepare students for developing code that can process large amounts of data in parallel. It will focus on foundational aspects of concurrent programming, such as CPU/GPU architectures, multithreaded programming in C and Python, and an introduction to CUDA software/hardware....

1 - 7 of 7 Reviews for Introduction to Concurrent Programming with GPUs

By Shashvat S

Jul 17, 2022

I learnt a lot, and exactly the stuff I wanted to learn + some things that were unknown unknowns to me.

Would give 5 stars, but I think it's missing a bit of a polish, some exercises are not as clearly stated as they could be, and there are links to additional resources that are still broken. I think it is still worth doing the course despite all this, but I would like to see the course administration improve these things.

By Ishara S

Dec 22, 2022

Not a good course. The content are in a poor quality and also the instructor does not take much effort to clearly explain things.

By Raffy B M F

Nov 9, 2022

The instructor is explaining in a voice and manner that puts you to sleep easily.

By Shovan R S

Dec 3, 2022

Assignments really need to be worked on. There are so many errors and the overall objective of the assignments in not clear. Instead of working on the concepts, I had to work on how to run files in the assignment.

The theory and explanations provided is also not adequate.

By Alberto D L R

Jul 25, 2022

assignment instructions are always unclear and there is a lot of errors when grading them.

By David C

Nov 6, 2022

Lectures are terrible: no real explanation of what is going on, just definition of terms. Some links to reference material are broken. Presenter's voice is not very clear: speaks in low vocal fry (i.e. mostly whispered). Example code in labs have minimal explanation. The examples are not explained in lectures. This is stuff we'd expect just from a brief Google search.

By Xihan L

Dec 23, 2022

The lecture made me sleepy. I felt so confused about the week 3 project. I could learn little from this class.