Back to Learn to Speak Korean 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learn to Speak Korean 1 by Yonsei University

Welcome to Learn to Speak Korean 1! This course is for beginner students who are familiar with the Korean alphabet, Hangeul. Through this course students will learn the skills essential for daily interactions with Koreans while living in Korea. This course consists of six modules, and each module is composed of five units. Each unit has vocabulary, grammar and expressions, conversation practice, video clips, quizzes, a workbook, and vocabulary lists. In order to assist students with their independent studies, Korean learning materials such as lecture notes, workbooks, and vocabulary lists detailing each day’s lecture are also provided. The vocabulary lists are accompanied by English, Chinese, and Japanese translations. I hope that you enjoy all this program has to offer over the next six weeks. After studying in this program, you will be able to have a real Korean conversation with your newly acquired knowledge of the Korean language. Thank you! Your Course Team Chief Contents Developer: Sang Mee Han Contents Developers: Bock Ja Lee, Yoo Kyung Choi, Ha Min Cho, Ju Eun Kim Production Assistants: Jin Hee Kim, Eun Hye Kim...

AM

Jun 29, 2020

This course really helped me understand and gave a better explanations on stuff that i didn't understand at first. I recommend this to those that are learning or want to learn Korean it very helpful.

S

Sep 27, 2020

I liked this course very much .Content was very useful, understandable and will be definitely helpful for me in future 😀💜.It was fun, learning with such an amazing tutor miss.Sang Mee Han thank you.

26 - 50 of 1,275 Reviews for Learn to Speak Korean 1

By Yvette M

Dec 12, 2016

What an awesome beginner course! The instructor is superb! The students performing in the videos were great! The entire structure of each unit is built upon previous material. Yonsei utilizes this important element for long term memory consolidation. I learned a great deal. I now understand the finer points of grammar, such as particle usage, counters, and how to properly construct grammatically correct sentences. This course has given me a solid foundation in which to build upon. I wish that Yonsei University would offer an intermediate course :) Thank you so much!!

By Stéphanie S

Oct 23, 2019

I LOVED this course. I was browing through the reviews and was encouraged to pursue the course after people said that it taught them more in 6 weeks than in one year of self-study. I have been studying Korean for 6 months now and though, obviously, knowing Hangeul has helped, I really lacked in simple sentences constructions, daily life conversations and speaking practice. What a pleasure it was to be able to apply what I have learned in this course at the Korean restaurant ! Looking forward to more Yonsei contents. Thank you so much for this series !

By Selena A

Aug 07, 2020

This course is helpful and easy to understand for those who want to speak Korean, especially those who don't use Korean as native language. Thank you so much for teaching us, Mrs Han. God bless!

By Keisha S

Jul 31, 2019

Going into this course, there were many things that I already knew how to do or say, so I did treat this kind of like a refresher. And dude, this was a pretty good refresher! There were grammar marks and vocab words that I had forgotten over time and even some that I had never learned before! It's so true when they say that you can't just use one source to learn a language. I'm glad that I took this course, as it has helped me test my memorization and fix my pronunciation mistakes. This was a well worth accomplishment. <3

By Jeannette C

Aug 16, 2020

In the past year, I’ve explored countless beginning Korean courses online. “Learn to Speak Korean 1” through Coursera is hands-down the best one available. Each bite-sized lesson covers grammar, vocabulary & pronunciaton with ample practice in speaking, reading & listening skills. This course is beautifully designed with clarity & simplicity so learning Korean is almost (emphasis on *almost*) easy! Please, please Yonsei University & Coursera, please offer “Learn to Speak Korean 2”!!! I’ll be the first to sign up! 감사합니다!

By Viktoriya S U

Aug 30, 2018

The structure of the lectures was amazing and logical. It included all listening, speaking and writing skills. The information was presented in an enjoyable way and the students participating were fun to listen to. The additional paper given after every lecture was useful and helpful. The tests in the end were also quite enjoyable. All in all the project is not lacking in anything and I would recommended to friends and family. I had once in a life time experience learning from this.

Thank you so much!

By Rachel A E

May 13, 2020

I took this course while self-studying and it really helped me strenghten the basics. I am already living in Korea and I managed to used some of the expressions taught. I find it easier to learn vocabulary with the help of the videos, I could check my pronounciation and correct it more easily.

The classes are really nice for starters, the content is complete enough and the way it's organized is effective. Though I wish the quizzes were more complex, it quickly became boring and repetitive.

By Malaz A

Sep 20, 2019

very informative and organized way of introducing the basics of Korean language.. this course helps you engage with Korean native speakers and allow your ears to adapt to the correct pronunciation of words the teacher is using very simple and easy methods of demonstration. i hope yonsei university finishes the series and make a full course of Korean language. because mastering the language doesn't seem impossible if the teaching process continue to be in this quality and efficiency.

By Priyanka N

Sep 23, 2019

This course has really been helpful. I had taught myself the alphabets before hand but I really am completely new to the language. This course is vary comprehensive and it has made it easier to understand basic sentence construction. I have also been able to decipher how basic sentence construction works for what hasn't been covered by the course as well.

I have been thoroughly enjoying myself while learning.

Thank you and keep up the good work. :)

By Tulasi D M

Jun 08, 2020

나는 행복하고 대단히 감사합니다

Estas clases contienen todos los requisitos necesarios para poder aprender correctamente el coreano y estoy muy agradecida con la oportunidad que ofrecieron ya que encontrar alguna clase que tenga los contenidos completos y explicados correctamente es muy difícil y gracias a este programa si lo pude lograr porque contiene todos las bases del idioma y ahora puedo leer y escribir coreano correctamente.

By Melisa J V

Jun 06, 2020

El curso me gusto mucho ya que pude entender todo, se nota el empeño en la realizacion de los modulos, se busco la mejor manera de asociar el vicabulario con los modulos. El metodo de examinar tambien es muy bueno ya que hice otro curso donde era bastante simple y aqui veia el esfuerzo y al tener pequeñas historias o dialogos por entender ponia a prueba lo que entendi y aprendi durante el modulo. Super recomendable.

By Maria K

Oct 21, 2020

It was very helpful in learning basic, everyday korean vocabulary, grammar, and ways of saying things. It was also helpful in teaching the nuances of korean language, even at such a basic level. All in all, for what it was, it was efficient. Thank you for your hard work in creating this course!

I'm still holding out a hope for a part 2 of this course, although it's long overdue, and possibly not going to happen.

By Ayushi M

Aug 16, 2020

상미한 선생님 정말 고맙습니다, This was an awesome course I would highly recommend this course to you guys out there who know a little about how to read and know about hangul. This is an amazing course and the way they teach the methods they use is soo easy to understand. This course was not very much tough to me cause I use to study koran by myself too but still those who are beginners this is an awesome course to go for.

By Christine M D

Sep 28, 2020

For me its easy to understand even though I dont speak English very well. I know the hangul but not really have a lot of vocabulary, so for the first week I pause the video a lot. And my korean improve after few weeks and I still have fun learning korean. I wish there's more subject and conversations, and also I wish the quiz will be more than 5. But Im grateful because of this course. I had so much 감사합니다

By Anca V

Nov 07, 2016

I really, really loved this course. It's vocabulary and grammar structures enable the beginner student to engage in simple, basic conversation from week one. On the other hand, the creative ways in which the information is presented and repeated makes this course very enjoyable. I already liked Korean language but this course made me fall in love with it all over again. Thank you very much! Anca, Romania.

By Aura M

Dec 11, 2016

Este curso me ha parecido excelente. Soy principiante en esto de aprender coreano (Aunque antes de este curso realicé otro llamado First step korean, en está misma pagina y dictado por la misma universidad. Recomiendo hacerlo primero) pero las clases son detalladas, explican pronunciación, vocabulario básico, así como gramática. Ademas es dictado por una profesora nativa de Corea. Quedé muy agradecida.

By Laura B G

Jan 16, 2017

It was hard. The korean language is very different from the languages I already know (spanish and english), but it was really fun. The instructor was nice and explained the lessons well. She was very engaging with the viewer. Plus, she had nice hair. The videos had cute cutscenes with other students as protagonists. Although they were a little bit awkward, they were fun to watch and very charming.

By AKSHATA D

Jun 21, 2020

I loved the course, Its really very much helpful for an International Student like me who was actually truly at a zero level of this language, but, due to help of this course and the previous course (Beginner's Course), I can atleast try to read, understand and speak little bit of Korean Language, it really helped me a lot. Looking further to learn more now...!!! Thank you...!!!

By Juan S S A

Oct 01, 2017

Amazing course,

Based on daily experiences and made with the participation of students, the course has a practical approach to tech vocabulary, grammar structures and useful Korean expressions used in daily life. The teacher is excellent and the structure if nice to ensure content comprehension.

Highly recommended for everyone who is starting in Korean and already knows Hangeul.

By Cat M

Nov 20, 2016

Great course, especially if you are already familiar with most of the sentence structures and need a course to progress with your sentence building. This helped me hear and repeat sentences so I could practice my speaking and listening skills. The audio for the "real life situation" videos was poor and they spoke very fast but other than that I learned a lot from the course.

By Maria J M y T L

Aug 15, 2016

I see a lot of progress compared with the last course and I really like it so far. The teacher is really calm and easy going and I totally love how the foreing students appear in the videos because it gives me courage that I can do better and that it doesn't matter where I'm from I can still learn the Language!

Thank you for this new Korean course I hope it won't be the last!

By Susan S S O

Oct 18, 2020

It is a very helpful course that allows its students to learn new vocabulary, grammar, and speaking skills in each module. The methodology and the way the lessons are set up for each student to feel comfortable while speaking and reading Korean is my favorite part. I am deeply satisfied with the results I achieved. I can not wait to keep learning this astounding language.