Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

RM

Highly informative..Nan Jokerst , you are the best teacher .Amazing team work with proper theory as well as practical knowledge. I gained my interest in Nanotech. Thankyou for the wonderful sessions.

M

In my undergrad I have learned about fabrication in the VLSI course, now I have got the gest of cooking. thank you for such a course, hope I will get some further help from rtnn.org & RTNN team.

101 - 125 of 478 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By Angela S

Aug 23, 2020

Hello everyone,

I want to thank you all for giving me the opportunity to learn about nanotechnology from the best. The course was very interesting and I really enjoy it. Thank you very much!

By Ирина С

May 6, 2020

I recommend this fantastic course to everyone who is interested in nanoworld, especially to beginners, because it allows to comprehend basic processes within a short period of time. Thanks!

By Iftikhar A

Mar 7, 2020

I am very glad and much satisfied to complete this course. Actullay at this time i am not able to purchase cetificate due to financail issues but i am glad to learn much from this course.

By Dhwanil V

Aug 2, 2020

it was highly insightful course to learn things about nano fabrication as it provided useful demonstration of all the equipment used for film deposition, patterning and etching on wafers.

By AbdelRahman B

Jul 17, 2020

Provides a really good insight into the realm of nanotechnology. Moreover, it does not need a solid background in engineering; the high school science classes will most probably suffice.

By Sumant K Y

Jun 14, 2020

Very helpful as it helped me to get to the insight of world of Nano-technology. Personally liked to thank all the mentors who explained this course in a simple and well organised manner.

By ABHISHEK T

Jun 3, 2020

This is the best demonstration of the area of Nanotechnology. By this course, i am able to understand the core knowledge of this subject. Teachers were so enthusiastic in each lectures.

By Ramy M M M

Apr 17, 2020

Thanks Coursera and all respected professors. it was a Perfect Course , i am so happy to learn Nanotechnology through this course and from all respected Professors. Thank you very much

By Shreeya G

Jul 30, 2020

The content of this course was very well presented. All the demonstration videos made understanding the content easier. Had an amazing experience while learning the course materials.

By Dr.Bharat A M

Jul 17, 2020

It is very useful to beginners who want to do study in nano science and nanotechnology.i feel very much pleasure after joining this course.

thanking you for offering me this course.

By Anish T

Jun 17, 2020

Very interesting course with laboratory demonstrations. This is a nanotechnology course that every science graduates should take to familiarize with these interesting topics.

By Ayesha R

Sep 26, 2020

Very knowledgeable course. The instructors and demonstrators are very helpful. I got to know so much more about various imaging techniques like SEM, TEM ALD, Etching etc.

By SANAPALA A

Jul 8, 2020

This course helped me a lot with instrumentation I was curious about and the instructors dedication to deliver them in a gripping way is to appreciated.Thank you everyone

By Sivaraman V

Jun 29, 2020

wet and dry etching was hard to learn. Some of the assignment questions like advantages and disadvantages were not fully covered or taught.

Otherwise an excellent course

By Lohitha l

very helpful and useful to gain knowledge and to learn many things But kindly add the duration time of our course completion and mention the percentage we got. Thank you

By O J A

Mar 31, 2018

Nanotechnology was made so simple and understandable. This course has given me the hope of pursuing my dream of advanced education (M.Sc.) in Nanotechnology. Am grateful

By Akash P

Feb 4, 2018

Various kinds of characterisation techniques are taught very nicely. Various methods of fabrication are also taught nicely alongwith demonstrations. So very nice course.

By Vishal M

Jun 23, 2020

The Nanotechnology: A Maker's Course is really amazing ..! It has taught concepts in a way much effective and simply to understand . Thankyou for upgrading my knowledge

By shazaib k

Jan 27, 2019

I am PhD Scholar and my area of research is Quantum dots sensitized solar cell in FCCU Pakistan. This course is really helpful for the research students...best wishes

By basimmb

Its an awesome course for biginners to enter into the world of nanotechnology.The last module can be explained much more elaborately .Apart from that everything nice

By Muntasir M

May 2, 2020

I have learned and watched the demonstration of the different equipment I used to read. It helped me to understand the processes utilized in nanotechnology better.

By prashant b

Oct 11, 2020

It was wonderful, I learned a lot of basics from scratch, I got a somehow rough idea regarding nanofabrication. I hope this course will help me with the research.

By Venkatesh P

Apr 29, 2020

The course was excellent with good explanations of needed concepts with demonstration!!! Thank you for the team for coming up with this extensive planned course!!

By Saurabh P

Jul 13, 2020

Very well structured course. It was interesting to see the state of the art laboratories and instruments in action. Thanks to all the instructors of this course.

By Aditya S

Jun 19, 2019

Course is really helpful for chemical and material science engineering students. Great demonstrations for all the basic and required characterisation techniques.