Back to Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course by Duke University

How can we create nano-structures that are 10,000 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair? How can we “see” at the nano-scale? Through instruction and lab demonstrations, in this course you will obtain a rich understanding of the capabilities of nanotechnology tools, and how to use this equipment for nano-scale fabrication and characterization. The nanoscale is the next frontier of the Maker culture, where designs become reality. To become a Nanotechnology Maker pioneer, we will introduce you to the practical knowledge, skills, and tools that can turn your nanotechnology ideas into physical form and that enable you to image objects at the nano-scale. This course has been developed by faculty and staff experts in nano-fabrication, electron beam microscopy, and nano-characterization through the Research Triangle Nanotechnology Network (RTNN). The RTNN offers training and use of the tools demonstrated in this course to schools and industry through the United States National Nanotechnology Coordinated Infrastructure program. The tools demonstrated in this course are available to the public through the RTNN....

MS

Dec 02, 2019

This course was very helpful to understand the basic fabrication techniques for making micro and nanodevices. I can confidently use equipment in my laboratory after doing this course. Thank you

HH

Mar 17, 2019

I would like to express my thankfulness to you, for your wonderful lessons. I learned a lot of things from you. Your expertise and the way of teaching are quite fantastic. Many thanks again.

101 - 125 of 143 Reviews for Nanotechnology: A Maker’s Course

By Anam m

Aug 20, 2019

I learned a lot from this course. It is a great platform where you can easily approach new technology. i really appreciate your efforts.

By Ahmed A

Apr 23, 2019

the best course for nanostudents

By Sarmad A Q

Sep 18, 2019

This is a very informative course for scientists and researchers especially working in materials science and engineering. I would gladly recommend this course to my research fellows

By Semih İ

Nov 05, 2019

The course effectively teaches the practical side of the Nanotechnology. Important Nanocharacterization and Nanofabrication methods and machines are introduced. If you are an engineer, scientist or a maker and interested in nanotechnology, this would be a good course to begin with.

By KUMARAKALVA K R

Sep 27, 2019

Nice experience and good teaching. And I have learned a lot

By Yurshanva K

Sep 05, 2019

A unique course, especially they show the demonstration of how to use sophisticated equipments such as SEM, TEM and many more. Worth taking this course. Also, they allows you to register for a workshop or apply in their kickstarter program or if you have excellent nano work, then you could approach them for collaboration.

By Vishwaknath R P

Sep 05, 2019

THIS COURSE HELPED ME IN GAINING NEW THINGS IN FIELD OF NANOSCIENCE

By Mohammed Z

Sep 10, 2019

Very helpful. The instructors and demonstrators were very straight to the point which made the course very interesting.

By Ana L G H

Oct 21, 2019

Thanks, I learnt a lot, the quality of the videos was great and the information was taught in a very didactic way.

By Mohammad A

Oct 25, 2019

I am delighted that I have got an excellent opotunity to learn about nanotechnology a Maker Course. It is very useful. Thank you.

By J R

Nov 09, 2019

Good Course on Nanotechnology.

By Raj k s

Oct 28, 2019

A very informative course.

By ANKIT S

Oct 28, 2019

A Very informative course. Greatful to coursera community for providing such a good course.

By Einar P

Nov 12, 2019

Very detailed while also being relatively brief

By Daekwon J

Nov 12, 2019

반도체 공정에 사용되는 대다수 장비에 대한 설명과 장비 운용 방법을 영상으로 매우 자세하게 설명해주십니다.

By Monis B A

Nov 14, 2019

Its a big opportunity to learn about Nanotechnology. I appreciate all the respected teachers for their brilliant work. Lots of respect and love for all

By BABRUBAHAN S

Nov 15, 2019

excellent videos and demonstrations

By Dr. G S C

Nov 27, 2019

Excellent topics with hands on demonstrations by the faculty and students. learnt a lot of new techniques and processes during this course

By ahadi d p

Dec 02, 2019

The course was so easy to follow, moreover I got a lot of new things about nanomaterials production

By Shakaib A G

Dec 03, 2019

One of the excellent course offered at coursera

By RAJESH K

Dec 02, 2019

One of the course to come up with

By Muhammad J S

By Rajaguru

Mar 28, 2019

The seminar taught by the staffs are goods but the subject is very complicated.Changing in syllabus is more better.

By Jay G

Mar 08, 2018

This Course is really useful if you want to work on characterization of material. This course give brief information of every characterization technique as well as basic information of lithography also.

By Syed M B F

Mar 23, 2018

I am still confused about RTNN thing, I mean, if I am abroad how can I get access (hands on - in fact) to equipment? Otherwise the course is good with less lecture hours. Great to learn more in less time.