Back to Open Source Software Development Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Open Source Software Development Methods by The Linux Foundation

In this course, we will define what open source software is, we will go over the history of open source software and what benefits it has provided to the world’s technology infrastructure over the decades. The course aims to teach you how to work in open source projects productively and gain a lot of benefits from it, and really understand what the advantages are. You will learn about collaboration best practices, and how to encourage diversity in open source projects. We will discuss the different licensing models that are available, as this will help you decide what the best license is for your project. We will talk about methods that are commonly used, such as Continuous Integration, and use of GitHub and other hosting providers as a central meeting place for open source projects, and we will provide some examples of successful open source projects....

HM

The course contains comprehensive knowledge about development methods in Open Source Software. I would recommend this course for anyone who is interested in OSS and wants to have a proper idea of it.

AS
May 3, 2020

Honestly, this course provide introduces the world of open source projects and development to anyone. It's really explanative and helpful. I suggest this to anyone who want to understand what OSS is.

226 - 234 of 234 Reviews for Open Source Software Development Methods

By Киба В Ю

Sep 22, 2019

...

By Pallerla A K

Jul 8, 2020

Although the initiative is great and its a good start, The course requires no pre-requisites and as such is expected to cater the needs of the same. It barely shows presentations read by the instructor and directs you to some links which are of course useful. Would have been nice if the instructor dived a bit in detail from a beginners stand point.

By Anurag K

Mar 15, 2020

Instructor seemed hurried. Not even allowing the student to read through the slides. Not explaining anything.

By Russel S

Mar 8, 2020

Too theoretical

By Clifton A F

Aug 27, 2021

I was very excited t take a course from the Linux Foundation as I am currently studying for my Linux+, but I have not enjoyed the experience. OI am currently in course 2 of 4 and I'm still learning from a disembodied voice reading a PowerPoint with no examples. In fact the labs I've encountered so far in course 2 are all read and perform commands with no video explanation. Thankfully I have some working knowledge with Linux or I would be completely lost. 1/5 not for beginners ether.

By Emil S

Jan 23, 2020

Please add something valuable to this course. So far it is purely introduction course, and I didn't learn anything really useful.

By SHAGANTI M

Aug 19, 2021

Not getting any reviews on assignments

By HXQ

Nov 4, 2019

It's just a robotic slide repeater.

By mohammed s