Back to Initiating and Planning Projects

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Initiating and Planning Projects by University of California, Irvine

The courses in the Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices Specialization are a recommended precursor to UCI's Applied Project Management Certificate. Successful projects require careful upfront planning. In this course, you’ll learn the key roles and responsibilities of the project manager and project team. You’ll also learn to answer some key questions upfront to help you meet project objectives: What will this project accomplish? Why is this project important? Who benefits from this project? How will we plan for successful outcomes? Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Identify the key characteristics of a project 2. Identify primary project constraints 3. Define the role and responsibilities of the project manager 4. Identify Project Organizational Structures 5. Understand the definition of a Project Stakeholder 6. Identify project stakeholders 7. Identify information needs of the project stakeholders 8. Define responsibility for managing stakeholder and controlling stakeholder engagement 9. Define the purpose of using a project charter 10. Summarize the key elements of a project plan 11. Identify common sources of conflict within a project environment 12. Describe the difference between authority and influence...
Highlights
foundational knowledge
(842 Reviews)
introductory course
(675 Reviews)

OU

Mar 27, 2018

This is absolutely worth everything that I invested into this course. And I do not mind studying it all over again! I recommend it for anyone who wants to learn project management. Thank you Margaret.

DS

Nov 20, 2017

It was very helpful for me to understand what the project management is. I am just thinking about starting this new career path and i was feeling comfortable in this field during the learning process.

176 - 200 of 2,609 Reviews for Initiating and Planning Projects

By Riliwan D A

Apr 16, 2020

It is an insightful, educative and worth every minutes and resources invested on the learning. It is indeed an eye opener because it will optimally improve the level and manner in which i manage projects.

By Denise B

Aug 29, 2019

This course was very helpful and informative . It gave me the extra push that I needed to continue my learning on this topic. It covered every area needed to better understand projects and managing them.

By Mustafa A A G

Nov 20, 2016

All in all, the course if very beneficial. I really enjoyed it, especially the parts where I can find the content introduced in Storyline slides, in order to read about the parts that are a bit difficult.

By Jeffrey B

Jul 13, 2017

I adored this course. It was a breath of fresh air as far as topic and instructor go. The take-away from this course was sizable and I could apply all my learning the each day at work. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

By Brenda R S

Jul 06, 2020

Excelent course! It gives you the principles of project management for the early phases, initianing and planning, it has very good dynamic and share examples, it's a good option if you're newbie in PM

By wangyuyan

Dec 13, 2016

I had finished the PMBOK 5th in the 2013,but I didn't know how to use the knowledge. This course helped me to understand the konwledge more clearly and told me many bonus Methods to use in the work.

By Bruno B

Aug 11, 2020

Excellent course, really easy to follow with a modern content and a very good schedule. It helps me to improve how to face new projects and having a better speech when persuading about planning.

By Cristina E Y S

Aug 10, 2020

It is a very informative course, it gives detailed information about what it takes to be a Project Manager. It helps you clarify if you are fit to have that role according to your own abilities.

By Arun C

Apr 26, 2020

I am having a past experience in the IT industry. Learning how my project manager worked made me feel more connected to the role and the responsibilities it comes with. Thank you for the course.

By Kira H

Jan 17, 2020

This course is extremely helpful to me as I begin to take on the role of Project Manager. I plan on coming back to this course as I move through my assignment and using it to help me do my job.

By Paul C C

Aug 09, 2020

I find this course really helpful, I recommend this to those who are new to project management or would like to start a project. This course will teach and prepare you for your project success.

By ibrahim a

Apr 26, 2020

This course is really useful to know basics about what is going in a project, and i really liked the professor and the contents, it really helped me to have an overview about planning projects.

By Zuzana H

Oct 19, 2019

This was my first online course and I was afraid I would have a difficult time navigating the course but it could not have been easier and I was able to focus on my tasks, lectures and reading.

By Jose A G

May 08, 2016

It's a good start for those who want to learn about Project Management. In my case I want to refresh my knowledge and maybe use the Certificate Version to get the chace to take the test as PMP.

By SWATI J

Nov 20, 2019

This is a very well written, interactive course that provides a great foundation for Project Management learning. I highly recommend, with excellent case studies and all-encompassing quizzes.

By Amaefule C D

Jul 02, 2020

It was an awesome learning process for me, though it took longer, because of my environmental constraints, but the relief is hugely satisfying, because the first step was the most important.

By Angelica L

Jun 18, 2020

Absolutely loved this course! It was so easy to navigate on the website and the instructor had many modules and learning exercises that were very helpful. Will take the rest of the courses!!

By Akshay k C

May 15, 2020

It was my pleasure learning from University of California, Irvine.

And it was good platform for learning Intiating and Planning Projects,

And it's as simpler as learning through any platform..

By Claudia M

Jun 04, 2017

I'm very glad I took this course! It actually helped me organise the project I manage better and it gave the tools to have a better perspective on the approach. Surely a good recommendation!

By CHAYANIT N

Jan 04, 2020

Excellent and very practical courses. The examples/questions from the real life gave a me a crutial understanding of the course, especially the penalist session at the end, was of much use.

By Rafael d S D

Jul 10, 2020

Excelente curso, a qualidade das video-aulas tal a profundidade dos conteúdos mesmo com aulas tão curtas é realmente impressionantes, os conceitos são passados de maneira bem satisfatória.

By Timbake D

Mar 20, 2018

This course was not only organized really great with rich, various and quality content/slides, but also apply materials as well as useful links. They helped me to learn alot week by week.

By KAMPHA K N

Jun 12, 2020

This course gives you the basic idea about iniation and planning of project. It has all the jargons and terminologies necessary to understand and present the project iniation and planning

By Cristina H

Feb 12, 2020

Very helpful for beginners in project management. Concepts are introduced gradually and with relevant examples. The videos also make the learning process and content much more friendlier.

By Saidat O

Dec 13, 2018

Very insightful. Liked the different types of learning resources and I've definitely come away with a better understanding of project management and what it takes to be a project manager.