Back to Applied Social Network Analysis in Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Social Network Analysis in Python by University of Michigan

This course will introduce the learner to network analysis through tutorials using the NetworkX library. The course begins with an understanding of what network analysis is and motivations for why we might model phenomena as networks. The second week introduces the concept of connectivity and network robustness. The third week will explore ways of measuring the importance or centrality of a node in a network. The final week will explore the evolution of networks over time and cover models of network generation and the link prediction problem. This course should be taken after: Introduction to Data Science in Python, Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python, and Applied Machine Learning in Python....

NK
May 2, 2019

This course is a excellent introduction to social network analysis. Learnt a lot about how social network works. Anyone learning Machine Learning and AI should definitely take this course. It's good.

JL
Sep 23, 2018

It was an easy introductory course that is well structured and well explained. Took me roughly a weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope the professor follows up with more advanced material.

51 - 75 of 398 Reviews for Applied Social Network Analysis in Python

By Roger C

Feb 26, 2021

The course is very well designed and I learned a lot from it. The quizzes and assignments tested my knowledge. It was also good that the forum tried not to give too many hints to the users so that they can go figure it out themselves.

By Ari W R

Sep 1, 2020

It is a little bit harder to finishing this course, but i really enjoy it. There're many useful things that we can get from it. I hope always remind this experience about this knowledge and can implemented in the future. Thank you!

By Manuel A

Aug 22, 2018

Very challenging and comprehensive course, also directly applicable to machine learning problems, as an example, the last assignment applies network knowledge to extract features and exploit them in predictive modelling problems

By Alexander G

Feb 5, 2019

I got a bit the wrong impression from the title, but it was throughout the course very interesting to learn about Graphs. A welcome addition to the course would be a cheat sheet with the most important quantities.

By Ling G

Sep 20, 2017

I like this class because the topic is interesting and the homework is not too hard but walks me through some important functionalities of NetworkX. The instructor is also pretty good at presentation as well.

By Kedar J

Nov 16, 2018

Great intro course to graph theory and graph analysis using applied python networkx library. The course covers a number of theoretical topics. Would recommend using a local notebook along with the lectures.

By Leonid I

Oct 18, 2018

Great course! Only one note: the online notebooks use an old version of networkx (v1.11), which is incompatible with the newer v2.2. Therefore, some trickery is required to read pickled networks locally...

By Yaron K

Sep 21, 2017

Excellent course. Lecturer clearly explains network analysis terms and algorithms with examples, and then shows how they are implemented by the Python networkX library. The assignments exercise their use.

By João R W S

Oct 6, 2017

Very good course! I've learned a lot both in theory and practical aspects. The final assignment worth to put all together with the skills learned in the other 4 courses of the specialization. Great job!

By Nitin K

May 3, 2019

By dan s

Feb 25, 2018

I loved this course. It was well taught and had excellent problem sets and quizzes to internalize the learning. The material is very relevant to the market today. I highly recommend it.

By Sandilya M

Nov 18, 2020

I have never imagined such detailed analysis can be done on a network, nx in python is really powerful package with so many powerful functions that can do ample of analysis at a whim.

By Francis J A

Nov 23, 2020

Great introductory course on graph theory using Networkx. The instructor goes through each algorithm with step-by-step examples, and gives relevant examples at the end of each topic.

By Spencer R

Mar 28, 2020

Very helpful courses. I was able to review and got much better at some things I already knew like data visualization and was able to explore some new areas like network analysis.

By Luiz H S

Aug 23, 2020

Basic yet informative course. The videos are well paced and the presenter is instructive. The exercises are well made, putting more enphasis on what was learned in the videos.

By Nick P

Oct 7, 2017

Interesting material and easy to follow. Assignments and quizzes were sufficiently challenging, but not too difficult that I spent entire weekends troubleshooting my code.

By Korkrid A

Sep 27, 2017

It's rare to find an amazing course in network analysis online, and I'm very glad to have taken this course and learn the art of network analysis for research purposes.

By Servio P

Nov 18, 2017

This course contains many important concepts of Graph Theory and Network Analysis. The explanation is clear and neat. Also, the assignments are fun and comprehensible.

By Saurabh S

Feb 19, 2018

Very comprehensive course for introduction of social network analysis. Best part is every concept is covered in detail and how to implement using networkx library.

By Nussaibah B R S

Jun 2, 2019

I found it hard sometimes to understand the concepts but this gave me quite an introduction on social network analysis and encouraged me to learn more about them.

By Jorge A S

Feb 27, 2018

Great explanations. The instructor is awesome and has good visual material. In-video quizzes keep you engaged during the lecture. I am very happy with the course.

By 谢仑辰

Mar 23, 2018

I really appreciate that you offer me such a great specialization of courses.Since I've finished the final course eventually, I should offer my gratitude to you.

By Fabrice L

Nov 23, 2017

Very good class.

The lecturer is amazing!! The quizzes help you understand the concepts. The assignments are a little basic though.

Overall you learn a great deal.

By Punam P

Apr 25, 2020

Very nice platform to learn & enhance skill. Thanks to Prof. and team.. Also thanks to university and coursera platform for providing such a big platform to us.

By Morgan S

Jul 22, 2020

Great introductory course to graph theory! Dr. Romero is one of the most engaging professors that I've had, both in-person and online. The assignments are fun.