Back to Applied Text Mining in Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Text Mining in Python by University of Michigan

4.2

This course will introduce the learner to text mining and text manipulation basics. The course begins with an understanding of how text is handled by python, the structure of text both to the machine and to humans, and an overview of the nltk framework for manipulating text. The second week focuses on common manipulation needs, including regular expressions (searching for text), cleaning text, and preparing text for use by machine learning processes. The third week will apply basic natural language processing methods to text, and demonstrate how text classification is accomplished. The final week will explore more advanced methods for detecting the topics in documents and grouping them by similarity (topic modelling). This course should be taken after: Introduction to Data Science in Python, Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python, and Applied Machine Learning in Python....

CC

Aug 27, 2017

Quite challenging but also quite a sense of accomplishment when you finish the course. I learned a lot and think this was the course I preferred of the entire specialization. I highly recommend it!

GK

May 04, 2019

Lectures are very good with a perfect explanation. More than lectures I liked the assignment questions. They are worth doing. You will get to know the basic foundation of text mining. :-)

101 - 125 of 382 Reviews for Applied Text Mining in Python

Aug 08, 2018

Noteworthy!

By Jun W

Aug 12, 2018

V. G. is a good instructor. His course is very interesting.

By Maryam K A

Aug 27, 2018

Perfect course!

By Muhammad A K

Nov 05, 2018

Content is very well managed , self explanatory and relevant.

By Kedar J

Nov 09, 2018

Great course! The assignments were at times hard to understand. Thanks to the wonderful support from the fellow students and mentors in the discussion forums, you will get most of the clarifications. Would recommend completing first 3 courses of this specialization before this one. There are a plenty of new concepts and new libraries introduced in this course.

By Swetha B

Nov 07, 2018

Excellent Course

By Léa F

Nov 25, 2018

Amazing teacher.

By Bart T C

Nov 21, 2018

Really great course. Love the instructor. Hard, almost too hard for me, but very useful and applied.

By SagarSrinivas

Oct 01, 2018

Awesome. Worth it!.

By Saichand D

Dec 03, 2018

Very clear and nice explanations.

By Wixee Z

Apr 28, 2019

It's good.

By Magdiel B d N A

May 12, 2019

ok

By LENDRICK R

May 12, 2019

Well-taught course, I'd been struggling with regular expressions, thank you for simplifying the concept; additionally, you've opened my eyes to an entirely new world of data science for which I can think of an immediate productive application. :-)

By Ana M L M

Apr 15, 2019

Excellent course

By G B K

May 04, 2019

By Bhima R G

May 03, 2019

Nice content and good explanation with examples

By Parul S

Apr 20, 2019

ggod

By Sean D

Jun 20, 2019

This was a good course. Far superior to their machine learning course.

By shantanu k

Jun 24, 2019

nice

By Hai Q P

Jun 22, 2019

Good for real researchers. I highly recommend.

By Fadhel A

Jul 04, 2019

This course give the basic idea in each module existed in text and natural language processing kits. A lot more for self-explore, but this will intrigue to begin sooner and learn wider.

By Shadi A

May 24, 2019

Best instructor and teaching method

By kaushal

May 25, 2019

it's great course to learn text mining in python , you will find many good examples which are related to real worlds problems

By Ron B

May 28, 2019

I am a Data Engineer with a degree in Computer Science who wanted to learn more about Natural Language Processing for a small project I wanted to build. I had no prior knowledge of NLP other than some regular expression work from college and a basic knowledge of what tokenizing, tagging and classification were at a high level. This course was a great introduction into the field and has given me a solid applicable foundation to continue my education. I wanted something that was light in theory and heavier in application and this course hit a great balance. Contrary to many of the other reviews, I didn't have a problem with the autograder, most of the time I got an answer incorrect was due to not reading the question carefully enough. The assignments were great in my opinion and actually helped drive home the points made in the lectures. I recommend this class to anyone who wants to get their feet wet in the subject.