Back to Development of Real-Time Systems

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Development of Real-Time Systems by EIT Digital

This course is intended for the Master's student and computer engineer who likes practical programming and problem solving! After completing this course, you will have the knowledge to plan and set-up a real-time system both on paper and in practice. The course centers around the problem of achieving timing correctness in embedded systems, which means to guarantee that the system reacts within the real-time requirements. Examples of such systems include airbags, emergency breaks, avionics, and also multi-media systems like video playback and QoS in web servers. The course teaches how to plan real-time systems in theory using established mathematical proofs and how to implement them in practice by using the most common scheduling methods. We also learn and how to program the system in the C language using the FreeRTOS real-time kernel. Finally we have a look at the future of real-time systems namely multi-core real-time systems! This course focus on the learn-by-doing approach with many examples and real-world programming assignments. We have 5 modules, each with a gentle graded quiz in the end and one peer reviewed programming assignment. In case you have no experience with C programming, please check you a practical course like: https://www.coursera.org/learn/arduino-platform The course is actually quite fun! -Simon Holmbacka / Åbo Akademi University Check out our whole curriculum: https://research.it.abo.fi/...

LP

Jul 12, 2017

Real-Time systems are very demanded nowadays. Excellent course to review some aspects in this field or to learn everything from the beginning.

GT

Apr 23, 2018

I feel having in depth analysis on various scheduling algorithms would be helpful. I have learnt many things from this course.

26 - 50 of 75 Reviews for Development of Real-Time Systems

By Belkin V D

Oct 14, 2017

+++

By Akhilesh G

Feb 13, 2018

It covers very good concepts of real time systems in very brief yet so broad.

By Ергалиев Е Н

Feb 19, 2018

It was my pleasure!

By Ghatty R T

Apr 23, 2018

By Soham J

Mar 24, 2017

Excellent introductory course. Good for all experience levels.

By Bruno D

Jan 10, 2018

Very interesting course and everything was explained very good and calmly.

By Noureddine A S

May 24, 2018

It's one of the best courses I had. The most important thing is that possibility of illustrating the course theoretical concepts with real examples using a well-known OS such as FreeRTOS. Thanks Mr. Holmbacka and all the team.

By Ricardo L

Sep 20, 2016

Very good content. Subject wheel explained and good practical exercises.

By cristina

Aug 09, 2017

This course represents a nice introduction into the field of Real-Time Systems. The FreeRTOS assignments are very interesting and useful for a deeper understanding of the concepts presented in this course.

By Aleksandr B

Dec 12, 2017

Excellent

By Felipe N

May 19, 2016

High level content, comfortable language, practical classes under Homeworks.

One of best Coursera courses to take.

By rossihwang

Aug 13, 2016

very practical

By Sunit

May 22, 2018

This is an excellent. Most of us know Operating System very well. But when we add "Realtime" to it then it turns out we have just some general idea about it. This course lets us gain deep insight into Realtime system and let's us know what to expect from a real time system.

By Srinivasan S

Oct 08, 2017

A good blend of theory and practice that gives deeper understanding and arriving at solutions in RTS

By Kaustubh M

Apr 07, 2018

Good course for beginners who like to study RealTime systems

By Dimas F

Oct 30, 2017

more RTOS and FreeRTOS with various platform pls

By Gavin W

Jun 14, 2017

Brilliant course, interesting all the way through and bit difficult in places but worth the effort

By dm.pham

Feb 22, 2017

scheduling algorithm is absolutely necessary for realtime system

By kim g

Apr 04, 2019

Great class covers a lot of real time systems and scheduling using the SimSo, and FreeRtos tools

By nikhil

Mar 23, 2019

NICE

By 张明哲

Aug 04, 2019

awsome job!

i love the course the quiz and the assignment,

the teacher try his best to help us understand rtos.

maybe he can give some useful link about rtos theory ,like how to calculate URM ,U ,frame, but it is still worth to try.

in brief , it is almost perfect, hope Simon Holmbacka will give us more and more class like this one .

By Wajeeha K

Sep 15, 2019

excellent course.

By Michalis P

Sep 22, 2019

Interesting introductory course and easily digestible. Unfortunately I couldn't submit quizzes and programming assignments as I haven't purchased the course. Although I am pretty sure it will be an amazing experience for those who are interested in realtime systems.

By Abhishek R

Oct 13, 2019

nice course

By Karol P

Jan 28, 2019

If you don't know how to start with RTOS, this course will be OK for you. I think it was overly theoretical and I wish there were more "real-life" programming assignments/lectures. Also adding "model" responses after you send out your work would be beneficial. Despite those drawbacks, I still recommend it.