Learner Reviews & Feedback for Programming Reactive Systems by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
About the Course
Reactive programming is a set of techniques for implementing scalable, resilient and responsive systems. The basic building-block of such systems is event handlers. This course teaches how to implement reactive systems in Scala by using high-level abstractions based on event-handlers.
You will learn how to:
- use, transform and sequence asynchronous computations using Future values
- write concurrent systems based on Actors, using untyped Akka and Akka Typed
- design systems resilient to failures
- implement systems that can scale out according to a varying workload
- transform and consume infinite and intermittent streams of data with Akka Stream
- understand how back-pressure controls flows of data...