Back to Singing Popular Music

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Singing Popular Music by Berklee College of Music

You've been studying the greats, working on improving your vocal skills, and building vocal technique. Now it's time to take the next step in your singing career to shine as a vocalist. Singing Popular Music provides you with the essential skills to define your own unique vocal style and sing healthfully. The course begins with devices to support and alter your sound including vowel quality, tone production, and breathing techniques. From there, you will learn how to use techniques like mix voice and belting in contemporary singing styles. Then you'll take a cover song and make it your own. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to confidently and healthfully sing in your desired vocal style as well as understand how you can alter your singing to match other contemporary styles....

KG

Sep 28, 2020

THE BEST HONESTLY. ALWAYS WANTED TO STUDY HERE AND NOW I FINALLY GET TO :)

SR

Jul 26, 2020

This course was helpful in learning how to improve my vocals.

1 - 21 of 21 Reviews for Singing Popular Music

By Stephanie M

Jul 11, 2020

The course's feedback is exclusively dependent on peer review. Unfortunately in this case there were some consistent problems with that - peers just didn't do it; they didn't follow the rubric in giving feedback; or they were too simplistic in feedback, e.g. "good job." As a result it was impossible to create building blocks of learning or develop your singing voice beyond what you started with. Finally, the instructor's choice of music was boring, uninspiring and unfamiliar.

By Richard S

Jun 24, 2020

Only 1 star I'm afraid. I felt the teacher was going through the motions, and very much a singer of a certain style which did not chime with me. The course content was at times muddy and not constructively put together. The choice of sample songs to work on was limited and repeated each week. The final week did not require singing to be assessed. I came out of it with very little new information and no new abilities or confidence.

By Rya S

Jul 11, 2020

This course was very helpful in explaining the physical aspects in singing and I appreciate that. I however think that it was a little fast paced and I sort of wish that things were tackled a little more slowly through video lectures.

This course still managed to teach me a lot and to inspire me to further improve on my vocals with more studies

By Ankeeta M

Jul 17, 2020

The teacher is awesome. The course is awesome...You go through the guidelines given by the teacher , as well as the the anatomical knowledge supports your knowledge about you own voice.

And the cherry on the cake part is the that you have to sing the songs and record and post.

Peer reviews are considered and they support you a lot .

By Sheryl C R

Jul 26, 2020

This course was helpful in learning how to improve my vocals.

By Ila J C

Jul 01, 2020

got a chance to receive a cert from Berklee! so happy!

By Kanwal S

Oct 19, 2020

That was Awesome Course with Great Teacher. Learned So Many Techniques for Vocal Practice and Using Vocal at right place. Thank You Coursera and Berklee College of Music

By LAURA H S H

Sep 07, 2020

Este curso da mucho material para poder desarrollar las habilidades en canto, e inclusive te ayuda a mejorar y adaptarte a nuevas técnicas.

By Salvador G D

Aug 20, 2020

Completely awesome, i've learn a lot of tools and made my self conscious of my knowledge. Excellent teacher

By Komal G

Sep 28, 2020

THE BEST HONESTLY. ALWAYS WANTED TO STUDY HERE AND NOW I FINALLY GET TO :)

By Darren A J L

Sep 25, 2020

I learnt a lot about pop singing techniques and knowledges.

By Gabriel M

Oct 07, 2020

This course was so amazing! I loved it

Thanks so much

By DALE D S

Jun 26, 2020

Thank you so much. i had fun learning.

By Aneeqha A

Jul 16, 2020

Really helped me develop my skills.

By W.K.G.S. P

Aug 01, 2020

By Ashwin D M

Jul 17, 2020

Really this course is helpful.

By Fiona S

Jun 17, 2020

Really enjoyed this!!!

By Hiya G

Jun 25, 2020

nice

By Olga L

Aug 18, 2020

It was a good course, but I actually had more expectations than what was delivered. It was just some information on singing which was not as organized and progressive as I thought it would be. The assignments could be more related to the material discussed. Just because I had the motivation to complete them, they were very helpful, but most, as I see did not have this motivation so the assignment discussion became quite dull. Lastly, I gave much effort and energy to complete my cover song, but then the actual assignment was not about the cover song itself, but about my reflections on the process. I didn't clearly understand that (perhaps my mistake).

By Andrea C M A

Sep 22, 2020

For the first three weeks the use of forus in coevaluation is not good, because i give it 4 stars. I love the course material.

By mateo e

Aug 15, 2020

Me han calificado mal en el proyecto de la ultima semana, y no puedo avanzar, me gusta mucho el curso, pero ese aspecto debe mejorar de inmediato