Back to Managing an Agile Team

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing an Agile Team by University of Virginia

While agile has become the de facto standard for managing digital innovation teams, many wonder if they’re doing it ‘right’. Twitter is full of jokes about how teams say they do agile but don’t ‘really’ do it. The reality is that getting the most out of agile is less about observing specific procedures and more about how a team focuses and measures their progress. Rather than just boring you with an accounting of agile methodologies, this course focuses on helping you better charter your team’s focus, definition of success, and practice of agile. While learning about agile mainstays like Scrum, XP, and kanban, you’ll also learn to help your team ask the right questions about how they’re working and facilitate good answers on how agile can help. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 20 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122) This course is supported by the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

FB

Nov 13, 2018

I have learned new things about agile practices and it worth the time to take the course. Sometimes I had the impression that some subject are vague, but overall the course rised to the expectations

OS

Jun 26, 2017

The course was challenging for me since I lacked the experience of working in an IT/Software Development, but I thought all the practical exercises forced me to develop some practical skills.

1 - 25 of 114 Reviews for Managing an Agile Team

By Krunal S P

Feb 25, 2019

First of all, I would like to thank Coursera and Alex for such a wonderful course on "Managing an Agile Team".

I am working as an Engineering Manager in a semiconductor industry for the last five years without any formal training on Agile approach. I thank myself for going through this helpful material. This course has tools, techniques and a approach to appreciate and manage an Agile team.

It is the amalgamation of right tools, right assignment with peer reviews and right views/recommendations from the industry veterans who are practicing Agile principles, right at your study table.

Go for it. Worth it!

By Wahyu Q P R

Apr 18, 2019

Granted, it is difficult to teach a course that really begs for practical learning through a medium that is severely limited for that purpose. It is not practical to ask students to create groups and "role play" an AGILE team through a sprint phase, for example, given that students' enrolment periods might be different. But this is exactly what was lacking in the course, because in my humble opinion, managing an AGILE team cannot be learned through reading and writing.

By Elias B H

Dec 19, 2018

One of the best course I took. Hands on and very through...must take for anyone interested in Agile Project Management.

By Judy N

Jan 10, 2019

Very useful information.

By Jorge L H

Dec 27, 2018

Great course

Only by my side, the language is a problem (I don't have a great level in english but the course requires a good level)

By Benjamin A

Jan 13, 2019

Good course and interesting insight from external experts

By Jane

Jan 02, 2019

Fantastic overview and applicable processes which I can immediately use IRL with my team.

By Natalia

Feb 25, 2019

Awesome Course! Highly recommend

By Pedro D G

Mar 23, 2019

Muchas gracias

By Ricardo I

Mar 26, 2019

Good

By Bassel Y A H

Mar 31, 2019

Great experience

By SHABEER V C

Apr 02, 2019

Great course and the lectures were really good. Thanks Alex Cowan for giving a clear idea on how to Manage Agile team. Now on I will try to improve my skills on LDBM (Learning, deciding, Building, Managing) for building a self-motivated Agile team.

By Deirdre B

Mar 17, 2019

Very well structured and explained.

By Andreu M N

Jul 14, 2018

I totally recommend this course. Well prepared, interesting interviews done by Alex to several professional with well-known reputation, good explanations, and well-prepared exercises. It’s totally worth to invest your time and money if you want to start in Agile.

By Rohit A S

Jul 10, 2018

Very detail oriented with practical concepts apt to fully understand agile and its nitty gritties.

By Jayesh G

Mar 13, 2018

I found this course to be thorough with great inputs through a very realistic skits and professional practitioners sharing their own experiences from real project / product work. The pace and content is excellent

By saeed s s

May 01, 2016

excellent

By Andreea L

Feb 19, 2018

Great course about the jobs of Managing.

By Saurav K

Dec 06, 2017

Strong recommend!

By Andy C

Sep 21, 2016

Videos are helpful and well done. Though I don't like the questions in the middle of a video, they interrupted the flow too much.

By Sean H

Mar 06, 2018

what a great course!! Learned SO much in such a short time. It made the confusing stuff clear as day!

By Oleksandr G

Feb 17, 2017

Great, exactly after this course I got a project with Agile SDLC, so it was exactly in the right time!

By Stylianos P

Oct 30, 2016

Great, instructive and full of good stuff !

By Dion S B

Aug 01, 2017

This is an interesting course that provides critical information regarding collaboration with key stakeholders outside the scrum team. I use lessons learned in the course daily.

By Sybren R

Dec 18, 2017

Great course, lots of good insights. Even for seasoned Agile professionals a must!