Back to Greedy Algorithms, Minimum Spanning Trees, and Dynamic Programming

Greedy Algorithms, Minimum Spanning Trees, and Dynamic Programming, Stanford University

About this Course

The primary topics in this part of the specialization are: greedy algorithms (scheduling, minimum spanning trees, clustering, Huffman codes) and dynamic programming (knapsack, sequence alignment, optimal search trees)....

By JP

Oct 20, 2018

Great learning experience!!!\n\nI love dynamic p the most.\n\nAssignment 4 is so challenging that it takes me a week to finish the program and debug it!!!

By SK

Oct 16, 2017

Fantastic course that covered a good variety of content in sufficient details and delves into the fundamentals without sacrificing clarity.

69 Reviews

By Charles Havez

Jan 29, 2019

Some assigments are really difficult. Often I was glad to read some tips in the forum. But the course is definitely challenging and makes you learn many things.

By Garrett Swanburg

Jan 16, 2019

Great material and love the professor, Tim. Some quiz questions are tricky, but liked it overall.

By Ricardo Dunia

Jan 01, 2019

Great Pace - good examples - always going to the point - clear and providing good info in regards to the subject in study.

By Dilyan Marinov

Dec 10, 2018

The course was excellent. I did not have enough time for all the optional videos, but I still feel like I learned a ton and I can always come back to them later, which is great. This specialization feels like it's getting a little easier for me with every course, which means that it's very well constructed and doing what it's supposed to do.

By Frank Zhu

Nov 27, 2018

Very great class!

By Yifeng Luo

Nov 27, 2018

Course is great. However, for me, there's some lecture I cannot understand so I have to find another course with more explanation.

By Putcha Lakshmi Narasimha Rahul

Oct 13, 2018

Amazing course! Great content indeed!

By Abdel Hechavarria Diaz

Sep 22, 2018

Really great and challenging course!!!!

By Pawel Kazimierz Socha

Sep 21, 2018

Great material, explained very well, but the lack of feedback on tough problem sets can be frustrating;

By Jesse Durham

Sep 08, 2018

The most difficult course in the specialization so far. I learned a lot.