Back to Career Decisions: From Insight to Impact

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Career Decisions: From Insight to Impact by Wesleyan University

I am an adult developmental psychologist by training and a career counselor by trade, currently the Director of the Gordon Career Center at Wesleyan University in Connecticut. In this course, I draw from my decades of experience as well as research from the fields of psychology, organizational behavior, and sociology to help you understand best practices for making career decisions. This content will help you develop the tools you need to make the right choices for you, from deciding an area of study to exploring potential lines of work to pursue—and knowing when to pivot at any time in your career....

JC
Feb 1, 2019

Very very insightful and thought provoking, really helps to open my mind to the career decisions that I make and will make in the future. Highly recommended

KK
Jul 15, 2020

Really useful! I appreciated a lot the clarity of exposition, the quality of content and the variety of examples! Thanks a lot sweety Coach!!!

1 - 25 of 44 Reviews for Career Decisions: From Insight to Impact

By Pip C

Jan 13, 2020

After module 2, to submit your assignment, you have to upgrade and pay, without this step it is not possible to continue the course.

By Srinivasan V

Jun 9, 2020

Very interesting insights on Career Choices. This course gives an opportunity for individuals to introspect and understand where they stand in their World of Work. I would recommend this course for all young professionals who get a feeling that they are not getting the best out of their professional lives. The course does not provide any solutions but does provide some pointers towards

By Lina H

Jan 21, 2020

The course is interesting but Each video is a bit long. The problem is her explanation is hard to understand. She talks for so long about her, then her family and then blah blah blah, then into theory and at the end, end with no conclusion (no coherence). I go confused most of time. Sometimes she uses unnecessary technical words.

By Kerry H

Apr 23, 2019

A really fascinating and useful course - it has not only helped me to start asking myself some of the right questions, but to step back and reflect on / assess some of the less conscious influences that got me to where I am and break down the actions I need to take to move myself forward in a more conscious and meaningful way. I haven't worked out exactly what is next, but I have some great tools to work with and in particular, I am finding the Design Thinking concepts to be a great mechanism for applying system 2 thinking (interestingly, not my first time using this approach, but applying it to 'me' is a whole new direction!). I also loved the overlaps into thinking about how we learn and mindset. Further, I see linkages into positive psychology/wellbeing.

By Rawikan K

Dec 13, 2018

I am so lucky that I found this course and decided to enroll. It is a life-changing course that one could learn from. Dr. Sharon provides the knowledge from different perspectives not limited only in the filed of psychology but also sociology as well, so it makes this course so valuable and important for people to understand how people make their career decisions or how they define their success in life.

By Shubham S

May 3, 2020

The Course is really Insightful and Interesting, it helped me analyze my inner potentials and how one can turn there passion into a Profession. It has a blend of both theoretical and Practical approach towards ones career development.

By İlke Ö

Feb 2, 2021

Dear Ms.,

I did not expect that much different perspectives and motives on career decision making behaviour. The entire course has fulfilled my expectations and now I know some great books to read. Thank you!

Sincerely,

İlke Begüm Ögel

By Maram

Nov 27, 2018

I don't know why I didn't watch this before! This was an excellent course, it answers so many questions, and made it clear to make a career decision. If you feel confused, and don't know what to do next this course is for you.

By Chuks-Osuji C

This course impacted greatly in me. I learnt a lot that can help anyone in life from this course. It is a really nice and helpful course,

By Ketmany V

Dec 9, 2020

This course helps me find out more about myself and my values to make the right decision in career.

By Opufou O J

Jul 1, 2020

THE COURSE HAS REMINDED ME ABOUT PROCEDURES AND DECISIONS TO MAKE WHEN CHOOSING A CAREER

By Anna Y

Nov 2, 2020

Very nice course :) I enjoyed the exercises/assessments, because they make you think

By Okpe J O

Jul 6, 2019

helpful first step

By Jillian N

Oct 5, 2020

Absolutely wonderful! The instructor speaks clearly and at a nice, easy pace which makes it simple to follow. The course includes interesting introspective activities with tools for effective decision-making which teach students to consider all influences, interests, values, and any other crucial components when making decisions. I've learned so much more about myself and my career development path by taking this course. I'm grateful to have found such a great gem!

By Anna K S

Jan 16, 2021

I definitely recommend this course! It is great for reflection and understanding one's decision, but also it gives practical advice on how to go about exploring career opportunities. Very good course material and exercises (which are fun, too)!

By jimmy c

Feb 2, 2019

By Klaudia

Jul 16, 2020

By IONELA V

Dec 28, 2020

I am so happy to decide to follow this course! Many of ideas that I already knew, at this moment, are fixed. I know for sure how to apply

By NWEKE C S

Jun 30, 2020

It has been a great opportunity participating in this course I really learnt a lot and I hope to continue learning.

By Ramune G

Jan 11, 2021

Very useful. I could review my professional way, influences. This course gave me some ideas where to move further.

By Godwin I D

Jul 7, 2020

this has been a wounderful experience and i pray God will bless you all as you bring education to the world

By yussuff a r

Jun 26, 2020

it is a very great course, with a lot of educative things that will impact your life positively.

By Odimayo G A

Jun 29, 2020

A great course that would open your mind to different options! Thank you Dr. Castonguay!