Back to Children Acquiring Literacy Naturally

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Children Acquiring Literacy Naturally by University of California, Santa Cruz

4.3

In this short course you will explore the possibility that children might acquire written language in a way that is similar to how they acquire spoken language—without instruction. You will encounter various aspects of behavioral science and technology that are relevant to this proposition. You will have the opportunity to learn the the perceptual, cognitive, and neurological capacities of children during their first years of life. You will advance your understanding of children and how they learn language. You will also be more attuned to current advances in the technology of human machine interactions, and what these phenomena imply for learning to read at an early age....

MS
Jun 17, 2018

It was a very interesting course that opened up my mind regarding early literacy in children. This new perspective could be a great start for further research on the topic.

SJ
Apr 16, 2020

I really enjoyed the information it was very informative and something that I can use in my personal and professional life.\n\nThank you for making this a free training!

26 - 38 of 38 Reviews for Children Acquiring Literacy Naturally

By رحاب ص ع ا

Sep 21, 2020

By Sharon N

Jun 8, 2020

It was hard for me to follow the instructor. He spoke in monotone and broke paused in odd places .

By Morgan C

Jul 14, 2020

I enjoy how accessible the videos are, from changing the transcript language, to speeding up or slowing down the video itself. Very good.

Some of the language made me tired. At times it could be complex and wordy. This made me feel that I missed chunks of what could've been more in depth learning/understanding.

By Susan J

Dec 10, 2020

Too much theory, no methodology for practical application really provided.

The course goes over some important background theory on early childhood language acquisition, but does not really present any practical methods/application of the theories, instead leaving it up to the learner to look online.

By Carol W

Nov 25, 2020

The Children Acquiring Literacy Naturally course, was fill with lots of information and guardian. However it needed to have more visual AIDS which would make it more excited and interested to the students. I thank my tutor and peers for helping me to becoming more knowledgeable in this area.

By chris j

Feb 25, 2021

Not much in the way of evidence to support the concepts. Lots of circuitous logic and limited practical application, unfortunately. Would be great if the information was more fleshed out and laid out in a more concrete, applicable manner.

By Elena A

May 31, 2017

It is an interesting course that has several discussion prompts.

By Yilin Z

Apr 3, 2021

The proposal is interesting but too many repetitive contents.

By Dr.Y. V H

Sep 17, 2020

it could be simplified more

By Marcelo B

Jun 7, 2020

Only theory, interesting but with almost no practical advice

By Tochi U

Mar 22, 2021

Overly complicated and difficult to follow. Technical problems mean I cannot answer any of the questions or participate in discussions. This is my first experience with Courser and possibly my late.