Back to A Crash Course in Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for A Crash Course in Data Science by Johns Hopkins University

By now you have definitely heard about data science and big data. In this one-week class, we will provide a crash course in what these terms mean and how they play a role in successful organizations. This class is for anyone who wants to learn what all the data science action is about, including those who will eventually need to manage data scientists. The goal is to get you up to speed as quickly as possible on data science without all the fluff. We've designed this course to be as convenient as possible without sacrificing any of the essentials. This is a focused course designed to rapidly get you up to speed on the field of data science. Our goal was to make this as convenient as possible for you without sacrificing any essential content. We've left the technical information aside so that you can focus on managing your team and moving it forward. After completing this course you will know. 1. How to describe the role data science plays in various contexts 2. How statistics, machine learning, and software engineering play a role in data science 3. How to describe the structure of a data science project 4. Know the key terms and tools used by data scientists 5. How to identify a successful and an unsuccessful data science project 3. The role of a data science manager Course cover image by r2hox. Creative Commons BY-SA: https://flic.kr/p/gdMuhT...
Highlights
Basic course
(76 Reviews)
Well taught
(48 Reviews)

MD
Aug 27, 2016

Is really hard to summarize the potential of Data Science and being clear, but I think that the instructors have done their best, so that we can achieve the most from the Course.\n\nGreat Job!

SJ
Sep 9, 2017

This is a great starter course for data science. My learning assessment is usually how well I can teach it to someone else. I know I have a better understanding now, than I did when I started.

101 - 125 of 1,321 Reviews for A Crash Course in Data Science

By Ricky W

Nov 28, 2018

Very useful in helping me get a big picture about the kingdom of DS. Great professors with rich resources related to the course! Definitely want to learn more with them. Ricky

By Alexander Z K

Jul 24, 2017

This course is a very high level overview of Data Science and among other things reviews differences between machine learning and statistics and current disputes on the topic.

By Vannessa M

Jun 8, 2020

A great course for start in a Data Science career!. Highly recommended if you don't have a background in Data Science and want to know the basis of what's Data Science about.

By Sangeeth S

The course was good. However I felt that an introduction to programming languages which are used for data science could have been added. Overall, I am happy with the outcome!

By Siddarth

Jun 25, 2019

Good start to graph basics. The questions are rather simple and will be easy to solve. There are few questions which you need to think through to arrive at the right answers.

By Sandeep S

Apr 5, 2016

It was crisp and loaded. A perfect course for executives starting out in the field of Data Science, it, in fact, inspires one to pursue data science at a more detailed level.

By Perry R

Nov 20, 2016

The course provided an excellent overview of the subject area and provided many references to the profession that will allow a beginner to become integrated with this work.

By Aldo R

Dec 26, 2016

Great course! I start up my own headhunting company specialised in Data and this course is now part of the standard training process for all new employee! thanks! Aldo

By Nazım T

Jun 21, 2016

It was a good introduction to a subject that is polluted by big data hype. Although I am giving 5 stars I wish slides for software engineering part were also published.

By Victor O

May 5, 2020

A great introductory course. They go through definitions, projects structure and everything you need to know to get you into the data analysis and data science mindset.

By Tobias .

May 1, 2020

Really good intruduction to data science projects and will be helpful as a baseline for an upcoming restructurization of data science projects within our organization.

By Luis H

Jun 17, 2018

Se trata de un curso excelente que da una introducción a los conceptos mas importantes de la ciencia de datos para despertar el interés por profundizar en la materia.

By Errol L

Jul 3, 2017

This course has allowed me to quickly comprehend Data Science foundation attributes. I now have a better grasp of the goals, tools, and applications of data science.

By Javier C B

Dec 30, 2016

It is great to have some of the key concepts clearly explained. Often times things get overcomplicated when understanding the basics is the foundation to build upon.

By Jenny A D V

Oct 25, 2020

This is an amazing short course to learn an overview of Data Science. very good entry point to delve deeper and learn this course. Thank you to all the intructors.

By TanShuLeng

May 16, 2017

Happy with the course as it provide a very good definition and distinction of what data science is all about. It is not about technology. Technology is an enabler.

By RESTITUTO M C J

Jun 24, 2020

I took this course to try to understand and be of interest to Data Science. Guess what? I think I'm hooked with this and eagerly wanting to know more. Amazing !

By Cédric B

Dec 12, 2018

Nice course, I haven't practiced actual data science neither professionally nor academically for a while, and it is a good, gentle re-introduction to the domain

By Edij

Dec 17, 2017

Excellent introductory session to data science. Useful to give me a frame of thought about what data science is all about and how it can be valuable to my work.

By Patrick D

Oct 14, 2015

Great introduction into the world of Data Science. I appreciated the 3 different lecturers who each brought a different aspect of data into light.

Thank you all.

By Sai K G

Jul 4, 2020

It won't go into teaching you data science but did a very good job in giving an overall overview of topics that include in the field and what matters the most.

By Zaw T N

Mar 19, 2019

I was very delighted to have learned that course, I believe that I really gained a lot of insights into the subject although my career is not a data scientist.

By Fuyo Y

Aug 29, 2017

Short, sweet and to the point. I got through it okay and felt emboldened enough to venture into additional modules on data science, so I think it did the job!

By Patrick P

Dec 14, 2015

This is an amazing short course, covering the basics of data science. Must-do for all (aspiring) data scientists or management working on data science projects

By Anupriya A

Jun 14, 2018

Needed only an intro and so this standalone capsule was just fine! Gave me a very good overview on Data Science and how to structure our data science team.Thx